Braverman...serious work ethic!

madlithuanian

Yeah, I saw that article. I hope that translates to success on the field - and if it does, others follow suit.

Work ethic and desire are never bad traits the best ones always have that. I think he will excel but his size may be a stumbling block as far as staying healthy, but there is history that shows some last.

Work ethic and desire are never bad traits the best ones always have that. I think he will excel but his size may be a stumbling block as far as staying healthy, but there is history that shows some last.

Edelman, Hilton, John Brown, and Emmanuel Sanders are all good comps.

It would be great if he really pushed Royal and we had 2x decent slot receivers.

Dane Sanzenbacher is also a good comp. I am certainly rooting for him, but there's a couple guys like this every year and not all of them make it.

Exactly, he's a good pick for competition at the bottom of the roster. Sanzenbacher was a 4.6 forty WR who played like a 4.6 WR. Braverman ran 4.47, which isn't stellar but seems to fit his playing speed. Against Ohio State he never ran away from players but he certainly made them work to stay with him. Sanzenbacher killed the 3-cone drill with a 6.46 while Braverman ran just 6.86. Nothing elite there from Braverman but his play speed indicates to me he's quicker than that.

I've seen a lot of talk about Braverman replacing Eddie Royal but I don't see that happening at all. Royal understands the game well enough to hold an undrafted rookie who doesn't have as much athleticism as he does. At best Braverman replaces Mariani as the last WR/PR on the roster. That said I like the pick because Mariani is too slow and can (and should) be replaced by someone better.

Exactly, he's a good pick for competition at the bottom of the roster. Sanzenbacher was a 4.6 forty WR who played like a 4.6 WR. Braverman ran 4.47, which isn't stellar but seems to fit his playing speed. Against Ohio State he never ran away from players but he certainly made them work to stay with him. Sanzenbacher killed the 3-cone drill with a 6.46 while Braverman ran just 6.86. Nothing elite there from Braverman but his play speed indicates to me he's quicker than that.

I've seen a lot of talk about Braverman replacing Eddie Royal but I don't see that happening at all. Royal understands the game well enough to hold an undrafted rookie who doesn't have as much athleticism as he does. At best Braverman replaces Mariani as the last WR/PR on the roster. That said I like the pick because Mariani is too slow and can (and should) be replaced by someone better.

I think Royal being healthy will have numbers like he did two years ago in SD, and that will be huge in picking up the slack of losing Bennett and Forte. I think White will do quite well, and as long as our WR corp stay healthy will have a banner year. There is risk to all these changes but there is also upside and that could be outstanding. With saying that, it will depend on our OL being better and I absolutely believe that will happen.