NFL's Best CB Tandems

AZ54

After the surprising selection of Callahan as the 7th best NB in the NFL by SI.com now we have Ike Taylor naming Fuller and Porter as the 5th best CB tandem in the league. I happen to like Ike, although I don't always agree with his analysis. While this doesn't mean either is a top 10 CB it is at least an indication that there was some good steady play on both corners in the 2nd half of the season. The merry-go-round at SS and lack of good play at ILB last year certainly didn't help either of our CBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000067...nerback-tandems

There were plenty of plays late in the season where I thought Porter was playing too far off his man but perhaps he was just shading a bit toward Prosinski or HJQ to help them out, try to prevent the big play? Maybe that was the plan going into the game?

In any case our starting CBs have gotten some surprising respect this offseason. With the new ILB crew and some better players up front I'm looking forward to see how this all comes together.