My favorite Peanut memory

Connorbear

With Charles Tillman retiring, I wanted to share my favorite Peanut story. On Nov 25, 2007, the Bears hosted the Broncos. Most people remember this game because Devin Hester had a kickoff and punt return for touchdowns. I remember it for another reason.

The Bears were down by 7 points with under a minute left. The Broncos were set to punt and pin the Bears deep in their end of the field. As I used to do I when parked south of the stadium, I had walked down with my brother and friends to the main concourse to watch the end of the game so we could beat the crowd out of the building. We happened to be standing right behind the Bears bench before the punt All of a sudden, Peanut went running out on the field right before the play. He then blocked the punt and the Bears recovered around the 12. They scored a couple plays later to tie the game, and a field goal by Robbie Gould in over time to win the game.

I remember that play clear as day because we saw it happening. To me, this personified everything about Peanut as a football player. Whenever he was on the field, no matter what he was doing, he gave 100%. He left it all on the field.

Thank you, Peanut, for giving us your all as a Bear for 12 years. Enjoy your retirement.

Peace :dabears