What's with the no love for Langford

adam

Man, the national media is ridiculous. Over the past few weeks, I have heard multiple media outlets questioning Langford and the Bears rushing attack RBBC. However, I heard today (on Sirius) them talking about how Matt Jones is going to have a breakout year. That got me thinking of the comparisons between the Bears and Redskins, they both lost their veteran RB's and replaced them with younger backs both drafted in 2015. Interestingly enough, Jones was selected 11 picks before Langford.

Here is their production from last year:

Matt Jones 144-490, 3.4, 3 TD, 19 REC, 304 YDS, 1 TD, 4 FB

Jeremy Langford 148-537, 3.6, 6 TD, 22 REC, 279 YDS, 1 TD, 0 FB

Actually, they are pretty close with Langford having more rushing yards and TD's while Jones has the edge in receiving yards. The biggest difference is fumbles, where Jones lost 4 and Langford didn't even have a single fumble (Jones had 5 but lost 4).

So from ESPN, to CNNSI, to PFF, to NFL Network, please tell me how Matt Jones is going to breakout, yet Langford is going to struggle (and the Bears will miss Forte)?