Floyd moving up

AZ54

Floyd is getting some 1st team reps.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/pos...onathan-bullard

I was impressed by what he did in his first game. He looks the part of a good outside rusher and he was physical enough with the OTs to take advantage of his quickness at times. In the 3rd quarter he tossed aside the RT creating a clear lane to the QB. The ball was released before he could close the play. While he's not the strongest it seems the coaches are teaching how to use his speed and quickness to get into players before they are set. I realize that's not top OT competition but neither is it something Floyd was supposed to be capable of against anyone.

He was also lined as the 3rd LB (4-3 front) on at least one play and covered the TE out of the slot. That's something I've seen in a couple training camp highlights and he certainly doesn't have much competition for that role among the OLB. Given how NE runs their offense he'll get a lot of work in this role this week.

I'm not putting him in the Pro Bowl but any thoughts I had of him needing some sort of a redshirt year to get acclimated to the NFL are far removed now. I think he'll contribute and make some plays for us this year.