Bears at Patriots - Preseason Gamethread #2

adam

1st Half recap:

1st Offense: looked much improved, Cutler was sharp, Langford had a huge run and ended the half 8-55-1. Offensive line looked much better. Alshon looks ready to go. Moeaki productive.

1st Defense: Freeman with 7 solo tackles, 9 overall. Acho had a sack negated by a defensive holding penalty.

1st Half recap:

1st Offense: looked much improved, Cutler was sharp, Langford had a huge run and ended the half 8-55-1. Offensive line looked much better. Alshon looks ready to go. Moeaki productive.

1st Defense: Freeman with 7 solo tackles, 9 overall. Acho had a sack negated by a defensive holding penalty.

Appreciate the game thread. Finally get a chance to read up! :cheers

I know it is only preseason and they are playing against different levels of competition, but Shaw has looked better than Hoyer.

Christian Jones with 1.5 sacks, Floyd and Bullard split a sack.

Braverman love is over, worse than Mariani in all facets of the game.

Howard looked solid late. Langford, Cutler, Jeffery, Moeaki, and Oline all looked good. Freeman is going to be a tackling machine.

I know it is only preseason and they are playing against different levels of competition, but Shaw has looked better than Hoyer.

Christian Jones with 1.5 sacks, Floyd and Bullard split a sack.

Braverman love is over, worse than Mariani in all facets of the game.

Howard looked solid late. Langford, Cutler, Jeffery, Moeaki, and Oline all looked good. Freeman is going to be a tackling machine.

Thanks Adam.

So was Jones playing out of the OLB spot? I assume so.

I saw the stat line and Shaws performance did look pretty favorable. Maybe they should try him in the #2 next week?

Ever since Bravemans come to us all they could say was what a workout fiend he is; not much has been said how well he's performed. It's not looking favorable. Maybe they'll be a place for him on the PS.

I only caught the 1st string teams out there yesterday. Glad to see Floyd and Bullard got in on a sack. Also nice to see Christian Jones getting a couple. Is he playing OLB now?

I'm disappointed in Braverman. I guess I should have known better. You have to think he's unlikely to make the team at this point, unless he shows something in these next two games. For whatever reason, the Bears love Mariani—which I don't get—but he's almost certain to make the team. It could be a battle between Eddie Royal and Braverman for the last WR spot on the roster. Jeffery, White, Mariani, Bellamy are most likely already on the final 53. Will they carry 5 or 6 receivers? That is the question.

Thompson, Braverman, Royal, and Meredith will be battling it out for one or two spots. I'm interested to see how it shakes out.

Jones was playing OLB when I was watching.

I believe Bellamy is a lock due to his ST play. Braverman is destined for the PS.

Great to see Jones doing well in his new position. Hope he makes the most out of it and earns a roster spot. Braverman has to be be a Wes Welker to make it and it does not see possible this season so far, hope a year on the ps gets him up to that level. With the sounds of it, Royal may make it by default with Marinelli also backing him up. Bellamy and Thompson if healthy may round out the 5th & 6th. If Meredith can still be elgible for practice squad, maybe keep him around too.

Great to see Jones doing well in his new position. Hope he makes the most out of it and earns a roster spot. Braverman has to be be a Wes Welker to make it and it does not see possible this season so far, hope a year on the ps gets him up to that level. With the sounds of it, Royal may make it by default with Marinelli also backing him up. Bellamy and Thompson if healthy may round out the 5th & 6th. If Meredith can still be elgible for practice squad, maybe keep him around too.

Marinelli might be a little old to play Slot Receiver at 70(?). Besides isn't he the Dallas D-Coord right now? :cheers ( I kid, I kid).

With Royal injured - again - I'm not sure how much longer he'll last. I know he's got a rather fancy contract but what difference does that make if he's chronically injured?

I'm thinking Thompson has a strong case as the KR AND a lower round WR (5th or 6th backup). Kid's got speed and runs good routes.

And yeah I'm really happy to see Jones doing well. He seemed to have way too much potential to be lost.

Marinelli might be a little old to play Slot Receiver at 70(?). Besides isn't he the Dallas D-Coord right now? :cheers ( I kid, I kid).

I bet he would be, Ha! My phone pulled his name up after typing Mar...never questioned it. Mariani!!!

With Royal injured - again - I'm not sure how much longer he'll last. I know he's got a rather fancy contract but what difference does that make if he's chronically injured? I'm thinking Thompson has a strong case as the KR AND a lower round WR (5th or 6th backup). Kid's got speed and runs good routes.

True, it is unfortunate he cannot stay on the field. He would be an easy cut since we have the money, but not sure if we have the qualit

And yeah I'm really happy to see Jones doing well. He seemed to have way too much potential to be lost.

Same here, was glad he chose the Bears as a UDFA. He was highly touted out of FSU and would like to see a return on the investment