Bears vs Chiefs Preseason Game #3 Game Thread

adam

How many sacks do you think Watt will have against this Bears defense in week 1 if he plays? I'm not so sure he won't get atleast 2-3 if he played at 50%.

It's gonna be bad, O-Line is Swiss cheese right now. All teams have to do is blitz and play man, we can't get the ball out fast enough.

So how the day has looked on offense, KC does a squib kick, we get the ball inside KC's zone with 10 seconds left:

1st play, Alshon gets called for a false start.

2nd play, Mariani slips and misses short pass from Cutler.

3rd play, with only 3 rushers, Cutler is stripped and fumbles and Bears recover to end half.

At this point, the team is unwatchable.

That line made me laugh because it sounds like what I wrote in my tagline from however long ago.

I'm not sure how I quite understand what happened here over three preseason games. Game looked like a typical 1st preseason game out of the chute. Only real downer was the shutout. Then in game two it was the first stringers coming out of the gate with an 11-0 run (?) until the second and third stringers came out. Then this. WTh?

The D looked just bad. Couldn't get off the field to save itself. When the offense was on the field it's as if they couldn't wait to go back and sit down. AJ dropping passes, the Oline just passing altogether, Cutler looking like his trademark 'don't care' and then the only potential bright spot (at least yesterday) Shaw goes down with a broken leg.

And injuries. Holy cripes! Porter - concussion, Long - shoulder, Fuller - knee, McPhee - knee(?), Grasu - knee. Those are the ones just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more but these are all at key positions that obviously are affecting how things are going.

If it wasn't for John Fox being the head coach and knowing we've been here before (2010) Id be panicked. For now I'm more at a slow simmer of nervousness.

I just hope this is a case of Fox not showing the opponents the schemes the offence and defense are going to run this year because if this is not the case the talent on this roster seems to be getting worse year by year. I'm starting to think this is the worst roster in the NFL. Where is this change in attitude where we want to get younger, faster and nastier. All I can see is younger and inept. Both the oline and dlines look like boys playing against men. I can't take a single thing from this preseason and we may as well stayed in Burbonnaise doing 1 a day's and walk throughs.