Gould is gone

'TD'

Cause and effect Adam. Not necessarily literally. Slausen leaves; they think Grasu is the answer. Oops. So they go and get Sitton and move a guy, whose never played Center (ever - that we know of). And one week before the start to the season no less.

A few years ago they draft White, hoping he could become the next #1 or 2 receiver and oops, he goes down with an injury. Right around the time this takes place they let BM walk and boom, AJ is our #1 WR. And apparently not happy about any of it. To make matters worse who were the rest of the guys on the WR roster during that time? Oh yeah, Eddie Royal was one of them. Oops.

This LS mystery is just a small piece of the pie. Aaron Brewer, who was on the roster when Gould was cut and about the time Barth was signed and actually played with Barth in Denver for a short time. Alas, they release him and bring back Scales. ???? Isn't the kicking game (FGs and XPs) all about timing and routine and familiarity? How much timing and routine and familiarity can they get in one week? Just doesn't make sense given the circumstances.

Alaskan (Doomsday) Grizzly, hey you forgot they changed the color of the carpet in the locker room, you havent bitched about that yet. We dont know how this all turns out, but I do know if we keep everybody we use to have, we would still be losers. We went to the playoffs once in 9 years, you really want to keep all the players that made us a bad team.I am all in on trying something different for a change.

Alaskan (Doomsday) Grizzly, hey you forgot they changed the color of the carpet in the locker room, you havent bitched about that yet. We dont know how this all turns out, but I do know if we keep everybody we use to have, we would still be losers. We went to the playoffs once in 9 years, you really want to keep all the players that made us a bad team.I am all in on trying something different for a change.

Stinger; once again you manage to jump to the wrong conclusion. Are you familiar with the term 'critical thinking' or "analysis"? That being where if you see something that doesn't make sense you question it? There's a huge difference between that and what you are familiar with as you call 'bitching' of complaining. Perhaps you're too sensitive to realize the differences?

Anyhow my point had nothing to do with complaining, but instead questioning some of the moves as of late. I'm not hoping to be vindicated in my thinking (cause I know you'll say that) but believe it or not, hope to be wrong and way off base. The only way to find out is let the season play out. I know you and I will at least agree on that.

Stinger; once again you manage to jump to the wrong conclusion. Are you familiar with the term 'critical thinking' or "analysis"? That being where if you see something that doesn't make sense you question it? There's a huge difference between that and what you are familiar with as you call 'bitching' of complaining. Perhaps you're too sensitive to realize the differences?

Anyhow my point had nothing to do with complaining, but instead questioning some of the moves as of late. I'm not hoping to be vindicated in my thinking (cause I know you'll say that) but believe it or not, hope to be wrong and way off base. The only way to find out is let the season play out. I know you and I will at least agree on that.

Maybe I am wrong, but its seems like every move we make , you take on a negative stance. They will be many transactions that we will be able to criticize Pace and Fox, but I am just trying to let time determine the outcome and not jump on a negative view at this time. I choose to be an optimist and hope for the best. For example, as good as BM has been in New York, he had wore out his welcome here and had heard in many articles that vets had stated (how much better the locker room has been since he is gone. It was just a team chemistry thing that is vital to change to a winning culture.

Maybe I am wrong, but its seems like every move we make , you take on a negative stance. They will be many transactions that we will be able to criticize Pace and Fox, but I am just trying to let time determine the outcome and not jump on a negative view at this time. I choose to be an optimist and hope for the best. For example, as good as BM has been in New York, he had wore out his welcome here and had heard in many articles that vets had stated (how much better the locker room has been since he is gone. It was just a team chemistry thing that is vital to change to a winning culture.

I wouldn't say 'every' move, just a few. Cutler: actually was very excited about his coming to Chicago. Until about 2-4 years of watching him play and realized, wow! Brian Billick was right when he made the comparison of Cutler to Jeff George. Willie Young was one of my most recent favorite pickups when he came over from Detroit. The guy seems like a good guy and he plays really well. I was a little discouraged when he started talking down about the conversion of the 4-3 to 3-4 defense but since has seemed to embrace it. Loved the acquisition of Marshall...at first. After seeing some of his character flaws surface after a few years wasn't so sure I was as keen on him staying. Not that he can't play (the dudes a baller, no doubt) but given the way the team was transitioning to a new generation of players (mostly younger) the last thing we (and the management and staff of the team) needed was a guy who was going to openly challenge everything. Even more so I was discouraged when he chose to do the HBO show during the week. Martellus Bennett was one I wasn't all that keen on when he came to us. Not so much for his character but to me he didn't really seem to legitimize his ability to play all that well. I was wrong; in that he can play pretty well. But man does he have an attitude issue.

There are plenty more examples I could give. In some of the moves made I've evolved my opinions about, based on how they perform on the field. Usually I can overlook a minor character flaw unless it becomes a huge distraction.

As far as some of the managerial changes that have occurred over the years. Hated the loss of Lovie. Hated the hiring of Emery. Absolutely respect the hiring of John Fox. Pace? The jury's still out.

I wouldn't say 'every' move, just a few. Cutler: actually was very excited about his coming to Chicago. Until about 2-4 years of watching him play and realized, wow! Brian Billick was right when he made the comparison of Cutler to Jeff George. Willie Young was one of my most recent favorite pickups when he came over from Detroit. The guy seems like a good guy and he plays really well. I was a little discouraged when he started talking down about the conversion of the 4-3 to 3-4 defense but since has seemed to embrace it. Loved the acquisition of Marshall...at first. After seeing some of his character flaws surface after a few years wasn't so sure I was as keen on him staying. Not that he can't play (the dudes a baller, no doubt) but given the way the team was transitioning to a new generation of players (mostly younger) the last thing we (and the management and staff of the team) needed was a guy who was going to openly challenge everything. Even more so I was discouraged when he chose to do the HBO show during the week. Martellus Bennett was one I wasn't all that keen on when he came to us. Not so much for his character but to me he didn't really seem to legitimize his ability to play all that well. I was wrong; in that he can play pretty well. But man does he have an attitude issue.

There are plenty more examples I could give. In some of the moves made I've evolved my opinions about, based on how they perform on the field. Usually I can overlook a minor character flaw unless it becomes a huge distraction.

As far as some of the managerial changes that have occurred over the years. Hated the loss of Lovie. Hated the hiring of Emery. Absolutely respect the hiring of John Fox. Pace? The jury's still out.

Thats all good, we are closer to being on the same page than I actually want to accept.

I heard him on a recent episode of Sport Talk Live, and he could not have been more classy. He was extremely appreciated of the fans, the McCaskeys, his coaches and his players. I almost got the vibe is is eyeing for a coaching position down the line or something in the city of Chicago. The love is there. Both ways.

I love Robbie. He won us so many games, helped so many more. But, I get the move. He no longer was the Golud standard...he slipped to silver and we were paying the price of gold.

I lost a lot of respect for him after running his mouth on the radio during the whole Brandon Marshall thing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0904-story.html