Whitehair starting

AZ54

I just saw this on the Bears site, good news IMO for Whitehair, could help him a lot in his development as an OC:

Sticking around: A coaching intern during training camp, former NFL center Kevin Mawae will remain with the Bears the rest of the season after being hired as an offensive assistant.

Quietly it has slipped out that Whitehair will start at Center Sunday. I know there's a learning curve for him but I'll accept those issues and won't miss Ted Larsen one bit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0908-story.html

He will have a learning curve but throw him to the fire early so we can get those mistakes out of the way. It is about putting the best 5 on the field and in the end this will pay off.

I'm glad Fox went with youth in this game. Whitehair did ok, a few misses here and there but considering the short notice and little practice at center, he'll be much better in just a few weeks. Floyd was ok but I can't understand why a player with so much short area quickness is always the last player off the line after the snap. He standing there reading the play before he goes into motion and he's not using his best advantage against OTs. Hopefully with more experience comes more understanding of how to read the play on the fly.

Glenn might never relinquish the starting job to Fuller but at 185 lbs I doubt he'll hold up for the entire season. Hall impressed me too. For a guy with a slow forty time he finds a burst to get back in the play.