Thoughts on Garoppolo

Connorbear

Yes. I think we need to get a QB of the future and he's looked good and I say why not. I'd have traded Cutler to the Vikings though because I don't think we can truly start rebuilding without trying to move forward on a QB (and this is coming from someone who has no issue with Cutler). I just think by the time our defense has the playmakers we need, Jay will be too old, and we'll then be trying to hit reset on a QB. I say, why not pull the bandaid off sooner.

Yes. I think we need to get a QB of the future and he's looked good and I say why not. I'd have traded Cutler to the Vikings though because I don't think we can truly start rebuilding without trying to move forward on a QB (and this is coming from someone who has no issue with Cutler). I just think by the time our defense has the playmakers we need, Jay will be too old, and we'll then be trying to hit reset on a QB. I say, why not pull the bandaid off sooner.

I am tending to agree. I would like to move on from Cutler at this point.

Peace

Would you trade for him after the season?

Peace :dabears

No, same reason Mad gives. (Hoyer and Cassel ring a bell?). Although I'd still be interested to see what Hoyer might be able to do at this point.

To be honest, it looks like Connor Shaw might be worth holding onto and seeing what he could offer. Kid looked pretty solid in the preseason. After relative no-names Wentz and Goff go 1-2 this year I'm fairly confident our team can mine a good player maybe even from D2. And don't get me started on our passing on Dak Prescott. (Scarily, this is something it sounds like Jason and I oddly agree on).

There was an article I read not all that long ago prospecting the idea of trading Jay to Dallas shortly after Romo got hurt. The discussion involved Jay to them for a pick or two. Might have been a good idea...until the before mentioned Prescott entered the field.

No, same reason Mad gives. (Hoyer and Cassel ring a bell?). Although I'd still be interested to see what Hoyer might be able to do at this point.

To be honest, it looks like Connor Shaw might be worth holding onto and seeing what he could offer. Kid looked pretty solid in the preseason. After relative no-names Wentz and Goff go 1-2 this year I'm fairly confident our team can mine a good player maybe even from D2. And don't get me started on our passing on Dak Prescott. (Scarily, this is something it sounds like Jason and I oddly agree on).

There was an article I read not all that long ago prospecting the idea of trading Jay to Dallas shortly after Romo got hurt. The discussion involved Jay to them for a pick or two. Might have been a good idea...until the before mentioned Prescott entered the field.

Oh, we definitely agreed. I was big on Prescott. He was a one-man show at MSU.

In terms of what the Bears should have done, especially considering all the trades, the fact that they ended up with three picks in the 4th round, the idea nearly everyone considered the Kwiatkowski pick a reach, and that they doubled-up on secondary in the same round, there is no reason they didn't find a QB. And that was exactly where they would have taken Dak Prescott, ahead of the extra pick the Cowgirls received.

No. Absolutely not. You can't trust backups from NE. They can make Uncle Rico look good. He leaves NE and the story changes. Besides, Cutler did fine. Guess who failed yet again?

True, plus Brady will be 40 the start of next season. I can't see them moving him if he is the real deal, as they will need a QB sooner then later.

But they do need to move on from Cutler while they are rebuilding.

True, plus Brady will be 40 the start of next season. I can't see them moving him if he is the real deal, as they will need a QB sooner then later.

But they do need to move on from Cutler while they are rebuilding.

Brady has two years on his contract after this one. I believe Garoppolo is a FA after next year.

Peace :dabears