CJ Spiller?

Alaskan Grizzly

I'm mostly asking as he's a former Saint and although older, Fox and crew showed some interest in the other CJ (Anderson) last year. There are a lot of questions about whether Langford can carry the load. And whether he can consistently catch out of the backfield. Spiller does that.

If the Bears checked him out I wouldn't see him as the feature back, maybe a change of pace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...ut-c-j-spiller/

I cant see us letting Howard go in order to make room for him. Howard is young and I'm sure the team would like to see what he can do. I would bring him in for a look but don't see it happening. I do question why saints would let him go though. They have enough salary cap issues and cutting him hurts even more as he continues to count for the next 2 yrs. Is he really that bad

Pass as well. Spiller has rarely lived up to his potential, hence why he's bounced around the league a bit and why he got cut. Like others here have pointed out we have young RB's that I'd rather see get game action than bringing in a guy who's failed most everywhere he's been. I really want to see Howard, he could be the future. Langford doesn't really impress me I felt he left a lot of yardage on the field last week. A few times he had big holes and seemed to stumble or trip over his own feet or something it was weird seeing him with open space going down virtually un-hit. He goes down way to easy. Let's see what Carey and Howard can do.

I'm mostly asking as he's a former Saint and although older, Fox and crew showed some interest in the other CJ (Anderson) last year. There are a lot of questions about whether Langford can carry the load. And whether he can consistently catch out of the backfield. Spiller does that.

If the Bears checked him out I wouldn't see him as the feature back, maybe a change of pace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...ut-c-j-spiller/

How can we know if Langford can carry the load if he doesn't get 20 carries in game 1?