Matt Forte

adam

He had 3 Red Zone TD's tonight and had 30 carries. 30 carries is a career high (his career best was 27 and he only had more than 25 twice).

The interesting note is that he only averaged 3.3 yards per carry and that was against some very soft front 7's due to NY's passing game (3-4 WR sets).

So for the season he is now averaging 3.76 yards per carry and is on pace for 416 carries, which would be 100 more than his career high (as a rookie) and only 2nd time he broke 300. I would be amazed if he made it to that mark either due to low YPC or due to wear and tear but it will be interesting to see.

Watching the game tonight, Forte had several large gains with gaping holes where he wasn't touched until 5-6 yards past the LOS. He also flashed some of his patented moves as well, but his raw numbers would be much worse with a weak O-Line.

Langford has flashed, and hopefully he can become more consistent and the line can give him a little bit of space.

He had 3 Red Zone TD's tonight and had 30 carries. 30 carries is a career high (his career best was 27 and he only had more than 25 twice).

The interesting note is that he only averaged 3.3 yards per carry and that was against some very soft front 7's due to NY's passing game (3-4 WR sets).

So for the season he is now averaging 3.76 yards per carry and is on pace for 416 carries, which would be 100 more than his career high (as a rookie) and only 2nd time he broke 300. I would be amazed if he made it to that mark either due to low YPC or due to wear and tear but it will be interesting to see.

Watching the game tonight, Forte had several large gains with gaping holes where he wasn't touched until 5-6 yards past the LOS. He also flashed some of his patented moves as well, but his raw numbers would be much worse with a weak O-Line.

Langford has flashed, and hopefully he can become more consistent and the line can give him a little bit of space.

Yeah was about to comment on the fact that Forte seems to be fading off into the sunset and the best days are behind him. 3 yd average or no he still managed 100 yds and three TDs. Which was a tie to a career high...by the way.

And don't let me forget to mention how well BM looked. 6 for 103. And this after he had his knee twisted awkwardly late in the second quarter AND have (career journeyman) Ryan Fitzpatrick passing to him.

Yeah was about to comment on the fact that Forte seems to be fading off into the sunset and the best days are behind him. 3 yd average or no he still managed 100 yds and three TDs. Which was a tie to a career high...by the way.

And don't let me forget to mention how well BM looked. 6 for 103. And this after he had his knee twisted awkwardly late in the second quarter AND have (career journeyman) Ryan Fitzpatrick passing to him.

Let's be honest about BM though. He had always looked great on the field. On the field he's 1 of the best WRs in the game. It's the rest of the time with his mouth and others well documented problems that has now found him on his 4th team already

Let's be honest about BM though. He had always looked great on the field. On the field he's 1 of the best WRs in the game. It's the rest of the time with his mouth and others well documented problems that has now found him on his 4th team already

This 100%. BM is a headcase. He is not a team player.

Peace :bringit

Maybe he'll be the first RB in history to beat father time...

I wish him well, but if those numbers of touches continue, the Jets are going to get him hurt.

they played so well we might as well both become Jets fans. I hope Matt well, but he wont make the season fully healthy. Good teams get rid of players one year before not one year after. We have a new agenda-getting younger, we had BM and MF and MB and we didnt win anything so its time to try something different.

Then how do you explain us still having Cutler? *badum bum*

:cheers

I explain it by the fact, obviously the brass doesnt agree with you. Look he is an average QB,I would say around 15 to 20 range, but serviceable. When we get the opportunity for change they will jump on the chance, just hasnt happened yet.

I explain it by the fact, obviously the brass doesnt agree with you. Look he is an average QB,I would say around 15 to 20 range, but serviceable. When we get the opportunity for change they will jump on the chance, just hasnt happened yet.

I think he is anywhere in the teens at any given time. I would like to see them work on finding a replacement in the next year or two.

Peace :dabears

Trying to understand. Langford averages 3.4ypc in his first game and nobody is happy (for good reason). Forte leaves and averages 3.3ypc against Buffalo and that means he was a big loss to our offense. As I see it: Langford ends up as our change of pace back. Our bell cow will be Howard. Carey backfills when one is injured.

Trying to understand. Langford averages 3.4ypc in his first game and nobody is happy (for good reason). Forte leaves and averages 3.3ypc against Buffalo and that means he was a big loss to our offense. As I see it: Langford ends up as our change of pace back. Our bell cow will be Howard. Carey backfills when one is injured.

AZ "c'mom man!" There's quite a bit of difference of 3.4 of 57 yds vs 3.3 of 100. And that's not counting the 3 TDs. Last week when they both played at the same time Forte had a 4.4 avg of 96 yds.

Granted Forte carried a lot this week but I'm sure he knows when enough is enough.

I hope you're right about Howard.

Langford is no Forte...

But Forte's offensive line didn't fail his team as bad and allowed him 30+ carries... That makes a big difference.

AZ "c'mom man!" There's quite a bit of difference of 3.4 of 57 yds vs 3.3 of 100. And that's not counting the 3 TDs. Last week when they both played at the same time Forte had a 4.4 avg of 96 yds.

Granted Forte carried a lot this week but I'm sure he knows when enough is enough.

Gotta stay with AZ on this one. If I line up for one game I'll take Forte. Other than that, it's upside vs the past.

I get the number of attempts difference. I don't dislike Forte, nor am I glad he's gone. OTOH I don't mind that he's gone because I think it was the right thing for the future of the team. As far as 30 attempts to get to 100yds, I actually feel that trends worse towards Forte's part because defenses tend to wear down as running attempts go up but I didn't see the game so I can't say how or when the good runs happened, or all the short yardage situations. Matt's a good guy and keeps himself in excellent shape. He'll have a good year but I don't think he'll have 3 good years.

I hope we give Howard some snaps this game. Fox sounded a bit upset that he wasn't on the field in week 1.

Forte is still a good player, but 3.3 is a telling statistic. It is a 16 game season and he wont be playing all the games because of his age. He will have a good first half of the season then will be dinged up. Then the downhill slide begins. I wish him well, be he isnt a juggernaut anymore. Grizzly's live longer than NFL rbs, thats a fact of life .

I get the number of attempts difference. I don't dislike Forte, nor am I glad he's gone. OTOH I don't mind that he's gone because I think it was the right thing for the future of the team. As far as 30 attempts to get to 100yds, I actually feel that trends worse towards Forte's part because defenses tend to wear down as running attempts go up but I didn't see the game so I can't say how or when the good runs happened, or all the short yardage situations. Matt's a good guy and keeps himself in excellent shape. He'll have a good year but I don't think he'll have 3 good years.

I hope we give Howard some snaps this game. Fox sounded a bit upset that he wasn't on the field in week 1.

Howard will be our lead back by mid season, like you said, Langford will be the change of pace back.