Draft thoughts

ASHKUM BEAR

It is real early, but I feel this is a terrible year to have the top draft slot. I haven't got a feel on any of the QBs yet and Watson continues to be the big name...yet I hesitate. Offensive lineman, same feeling. The top pick I think will produce is Jabril Peppers DB Michigan. Bears n Cutler need to rebound quick otherwise it may be hell for many more years.

Any thoughts of owning the first pick?

It is real early, but I feel this is a terrible year to have the top draft slot. I haven't got a feel on any of the QBs yet and Watson continues to be the big name...yet I hesitate. Offensive lineman, same feeling. The top pick I think will produce is Jabril Peppers DB Michigan. Bears n Cutler need to rebound quick otherwise it may be hell for many more years.

Any thoughts of owning the first pick?

If you have the first pick in round 1, you have it in the other rounds as well. This team is bereft of talent. We need as much talent as possible.

Peace :dabears

They need to rebuild the team with a new QB and a better offensive line. If they're going to be bad this year, they might as well be the #1 pick in the draft bad.

Not sure of QBs but taking a stud with a low pick is essential but it the QB prospects are not good enough for a early pick, we need a prospect at 2 or 3 that we can live with.

If we go by this year, Wentz seem like a good prospect and Goff does not.

Preskott may be good, at least it is a good QB for the future.

So there are ways to get QBs, I heard we like Connor Cook, I wonder if we can do a late draft pick trade to get him next year. Oakland has Carr, maybe we can swing a deal there.

Not sure of QBs but taking a stud with a low pick is essential but it the QB prospects are not good enough for a early pick, we need a prospect at 2 or 3 that we can live with.

If we go by this year, Wentz seem like a good prospect and Goff does not.

Preskott may be good, at least it is a good QB for the future.

So there are ways to get QBs, I heard we like Connor Cook, I wonder if we can do a late draft pick trade to get him next year. Oakland has Carr, maybe we can swing a deal there.

What do you mean by Oakland has Carr. I'm probably not following. Oak seems on the way up and Carr seems to be part of there future and thry aren't as bad anymore

If the Bears get the 1st pick, I want them to trade out of it but stay in the top 5-10 range. If they don't trade it, however, I think you have one of two choices:

1) Get the #1 FA at OT, and then draft someone who can kill opposing QBs.

2) Get the #1 FA at DE/OLB, and then draft someone who can protect the Bears' QB.

My preference:

FA - Von Miller - That's it. Throw absolutely everything at him: max contract, as many years as he wants, hookers, Lou Malnati's, whatever. If he wants the Bears to use a roster spot on his cousin, do it. I don't care. Make Leonard Floyd carry his bags and wash his jock strap until he proves his worth as an opposite edge rusher.

Draft

1) Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama - Enough messing around. Find the bookend of the decade and have him protect your future QB.

2) Chad Kelly - QB - OleMiss - Meet your QB of the future. His pedigree speaks for itself.

3) Sidney Jones - DB - Wash - Good ball skills, lockdown corner.

4) Evan Engram - TE - OleMiss - Meet your TE of the future. He's fast as hell, has great hands, runs great routes, and will be Kelly's best friend.

4) Budda Baker, S, Wash - Everyone wants continuity, right? Well, this is how it's done. Get a good player at an appropriate spot, and team him with a guy he has played beside for a few years.

Fill in the holes with remaining guys.

If the Bears get the 1st pick, I want them to trade out of it but stay in the top 5-10 range. If they don't trade it, however, I think you have one of two choices:

2) Get the #1 FA at DE/OLB, and then draft someone who can protect the Bears' QB.

My preference:

FA - Von Miller - That's it. Throw absolutely everything at him: max contract, as many years as he wants, hookers, Lou Malnati's, whatever. If he wants the Bears to use a roster spot on his cousin, do it. I don't care. Make Leonard Floyd carry his bags and wash his jock strap until he proves his worth as an opposite edge rusher.

Draft

1) Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama - Enough messing around. Find the bookend of the decade and have him protect your future QB.

2) Chad Kelly - QB - OleMiss - Meet your QB of the future. His pedigree speaks for itself.

4) Evan Engram - TE - OleMiss - Meet your TE of the future. He's fast as hell, has great hands, runs great routes, and will be Kelly's best friend.

4) Budda Baker, S, Wash - Everyone wants continuity, right? Well, this is how it's done. Get a good player at an appropriate spot, and team him with a guy he has played beside for a few years.

I think Chad Kelly absolutely goes in the first.

I do agree with everything else here. It all starts with protecting and getting after the QB.

My preference:

Draft

Replacing Massie is huge need, but worthy of a high #1 wouldn't be a good pick, so Leno gets picked on.

#1 Cam Robinson LT Alabama

#2 Mason Rudolph QB OK State

#3 Tyrell Crosby RT Oregon

#4 Evan Engram/Jordan Leggett TE

#4-7 Best D regardless of position.

Depending if Jeffery re-signs, WR may be a high need also. Defense takes the back seat again, unfortunately. I like going after Von Miller though. I think another DT could be had also.

My preference:

Draft

Didn't Von Miller agree to a 6 yr deal with 70 guaranteed?

My preference:

Draft

i like it...i think Miller already signed but we should sign a stud/proven defensive player

I think you are correct. He is the highest paid defensive player in history now.

I thought I read he was UFA. Probably wrong since I don't pay attention to contract stuff. With that said...

FA:

Riley Reiff or Matt Kalil. Pay accordingly after medical clearances.

Draft

1) Myles Garrett - DE - TXA&M - Watched him vs Arkansas. WOW.

2) Chad Kelly - QB - OleMiss

3) Sidney Jones - DB - Wash

4) Evan Engram - TE - OleMiss

4) Budda Baker, S, Wash

I thought I read he was UFA. Probably wrong since I don't pay attention to contract stuff. With that said...

FA:

Draft

4) Budda Baker, S, Wash

Myles is the top rated player in the draft and we will need to be top 3 to even have a chance at him, which I can see happening.

FA:

Draft

4) Budda Baker, S, Wash

I like those picks. Did a fanspeak for fun and took.

1. Jabrill Peppers S 2. Lowell Totutelei DT (move Goldman out to DE) 3. Chad Kelly QB (he lasted until rd3 here) 4a.Jourdan Lewis CB (lacks size but explosive/returner) 4b. John Heck RT 5. Ryan Switzer WR (also returner capable). Sign TE Vance McDonald or Jacob Tamme

I like those picks. Did a fanspeak for fun and took.

1. Jabrill Peppers S 2. Lowell Totutelei DT (move Goldman out to DE) 3. Chad Kelly QB (he lasted until rd3 here) 4a.Jourdan Lewis CB (lacks size but explosive/returner) 4b. John Heck RT 5. Ryan Switzer WR (also returner capable). Sign TE Vance McDonald or Jacob Tamme

Love some Ryan Switzer. He can return for one year, learn from Royal, and take the slot job the following year.

Love some Ryan Switzer. He can return for one year, learn from Royal, and take the slot job the following year.

Anyone know anything about Brad Kaaya starting qb for the Miami Hurricanes. i read some things that I liked about him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000068...i-qb-brad-kaaya

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Kaaya is wildly inaccurate and likely isn't a nfl player.

I read that on him going into this season, any news if he has improved? Hard times being a Bear fan not having a QB we can get excited about. We may end up with the top pick in April. Do you take Watson, Kizer at QB, Garrett at OLB, Robinson LT, Peppers S/LB, or trade down for a fututre 1st and maybe an extra pick? I think the time is now to get the future QB, but there are so many other holes to fill too. Trade down sounds tempting if we can still draft Kelly, Rudolph, or Luke Falk say Rd2 while taking a position of need rd1 like Roderick Johnson LT who looks to be falling some.

I think any time you are in position to grab a player that is considered a franchise QB you do it. Look at how Green Bay drafted Rogers with Favre still on the field.

The question isn't what other needs we might have, but rather, are any of the available prospects franchise QBs.