If I ran the circus...

madlithuanian

FULL DISCLOSURE - I wrote this early this morning while still very angry and as a very over-reactionary vision...but I might not be wrong.

********************************************************************************

If I were McCaskey, I'd do the following, in no particular order:

1. Have Fox fire Loggains today. Either find a guy on the street like Greg Roman, or promote from within.

2. Put Pace on notice. You have one more year. You better draft an immediate impact player or franchise QB in round 1.

3. Fire Fox at the end of the season and hire Dave Toub. Toub is innovative. He has roots. And our ST have been atrocious since his departure. The game has passed Fox by. And Fangio seem intent on running his old D when he had the horses to run the race. We don't have those horses. Change or get passed up...

4. Reach back out to Gould. Apologize and offer more money. We can draft a guy next season, but to the paying fans for the next 7 games at home, we owe them a chance.

5. Make sure Cutler does not play another down for the Chicago Bears other than as a back-up this season. I want him out of the building at season's end.

1. Have Fox fire Loggains today. Either find a guy on the street like Greg Roman, or promote from within.

2. Put Pace on notice. You have one more year. You better draft an immediate impact player or franchise QB in round 1.

3. Fire Fox at the end of the season and hire Dave Toub. Toub is innovative. He has roots. And our ST have been atrocious since his departure. The game has passed Fox by. And Fangio seem intent on running his old D when he had the horses to run the race. We don't have those horses. Change or get passed up...

4. Reach back out to Gould. Apologize and offer more money. We can draft a guy next season, but to the paying fans for the next 7 games at home, we owe them a chance.

5. Make sure Cutler does not play another down for the Chicago Bears other than as a back-up this season. I want him out of the building at season's end.

Gould was already set to make $4M this year and now you want to bring him back and give him an increase?? Are you nuts. And wanting to immediately hire toub to be hc? I seriously question that. We don't even know if he can even run an offense or a defense successfully. And imo if we fire fox and company right now then I suggest you fire everyone on the time and start brand new. All players and coaches, gm. Everyone. Completely gut it. How can you even know anything if your not even willing to give a coach 2 yrs when we are beginning stages of a rebuild

One thing I want the Bears to do, not overreact. This is going to be a long process and we need to stick true to that process. We need to recognize we were totally devoid of talent and it takes time to fix it. We need to show some patience. This includes being patient and hoping that Jay comes back from his surgery (by the way, he injured his hand vs. the Texans apparently) on his thumb and can prop up his trade value a bit.

I am nuts...

Realistically, just ask him back at a league average...if he balks, then so be it. BOunce Barth and pick up a different warm body. I'd rather have Morten Anderson because at least he can make extra points...

No one know if John Harbaugh could run a team... Just becasue someone's a S/T Coord doesn't mean they can't be a HC. Toub is an innovator.

I've got no issue with another gutting. I want Ernie Acorsi to give us that consultant money back...

I'm just angry that we continue to be the laughing stock of the league. We are Cleveland with better food...

Gould was already set to make $4M this year and now you want to bring him back and give him an increase?? Are you nuts. And wanting to immediately hire toub to be hc? I seriously question that. We don't even know if he can even run an offense or a defense successfully. And imo if we fire fox and company right now then I suggest you fire everyone on the time and start brand new. All players and coaches, gm. Everyone. Completely gut it. How can you even know anything if your not even willing to give a coach 2 yrs when we are beginning stages of a rebuild

I do agree. My circus rant is an over-reaction...

However, let's revisit this at season's end...

There's simply nothing this coaching staff make me remotely feel good about.

One thing I want the Bears to do, not overreact. This is going to be a long process and we need to stick true to that process. We need to recognize we were totally devoid of talent and it takes time to fix it. We need to show some patience. This includes being patient and hoping that Jay comes back from his surgery (by the way, he injured his hand vs. the Texans apparently) on his thumb and can prop up his trade value a bit.

Now that I agree with 100%. Rebuilds are tough by nature and made worse by fans. Fan is shirt for fanatic. Someone who thinks no team should ever need to rebuild and most don't have the patience. Over reacting after 2 games is ridiculous. This certainly will be a very very tough year. And most of us acknowledged that prior to the season. It's important to stick to the plan. It's just not easy to stick to that when the coaches and front office personnel won't actually tell us what the plan is. But remember just last yr we had 1 of the oldest rosters in the league and now half out roster has new faces. And we are now 1 of the youngest teams. Patience patience patience. I know it sucks I get that

I do agree. My circus rant is an over-reaction...

However, let's revisit this at season's end...

There's simply nothing this coaching staff make me remotely feel good about.

Before the injuries I felt we were seeing the beginnings of a good defense. It was 3rd quarter and we'd given up 9pts. We still have holes to fill on the D and a lot of players need experience but there is only one way to get for them to get it. The offense OTOH is built to run even all the way out the big WRs who both block well. Yet we can't run the ball. More than anything else that bothers me.

I do basically agree...

However, Loggains does not have the experience that Fangio does. I have some hope Fangio can make good things happen. Loggains...I'mnot so sure.

Now that I agree with 100%. Rebuilds are tough by nature and made worse by fans. Fan is shirt for fanatic. Someone who thinks no team should ever need to rebuild and most don't have the patience. Over reacting after 2 games is ridiculous. This certainly will be a very very tough year. And most of us acknowledged that prior to the season. It's important to stick to the plan. It's just not easy to stick to that when the coaches and front office personnel won't actually tell us what the plan is. But remember just last yr we had 1 of the oldest rosters in the league and now half out roster has new faces. And we are now 1 of the youngest teams. Patience patience patience. I know it sucks I get that

Before the injuries I felt we were seeing the beginnings of a good defense. It was 3rd quarter and we'd given up 9pts. We still have holes to fill on the D and a lot of players need experience but there is only one way to get for them to get it. The offense OTOH is built to run even all the way out the big WRs who both block well. Yet we can't run the ball. More than anything else that bothers me.

All while generating zero pass rush (and we knew we were going to enter the season that way and we knew Floyd wasn't going to start his career as a dynamic QB crusher). The key is we do have some young players on this defense who could become playmakers, most noteably Goldman & Floyd. Unfortunately, Goldman is injured now and Floyd, well we know he was going to be a little bit of a project in some sense. We also have Bullard that I'd probably highlight as a younger player with potential up arrow and Amos (who has been hurt). Trevathan is now hurt, but looks solid and can still be part of a core a couple years from now and Freeman looks like a fantastic move, albeit, how he will hold up with age, who knows.

Secondary is still weak and pass rush still needs to be enhanced, but we know those things. When they were showing the lineups it is extremely noticeable how much turnover we've had between this year and last year (both on the offense and defense) and I think it takes time to adjust to that, but we also need to know some of that turnover involved a move to younger players and with that there will be growing pains.

We absolutely need to address QB long-term (and I've been saying that) and I don't know what the Bears plans are here.

NO no no

1---Loggains has to grow to. Lets go by history, McCoy worked under Fox and became a hc, Gase worked under Fox became a hc. There initial careers were spotty. Let Loggins show us what he is, two games does not prove or disprove his ability. The key to solid franchises is stability so we need to give this more time.

2---Paces firt draft choice got hurt, he couldnt do anything about that and so far we have two games into Whites progress. need more time

Floyd is a work in progress, we just need more time. How would you like to have drafted Clowney or Greg Robinson in 2014? there are just not starting to shine

2015-Donte Fowler was hurt his first year and the jury is still out.

2016-Goff hasnt seen the field yet with a bad QB leading there team, Bosa is just now getting playing time.

ITS TO EARLY TO FORM A HONEST ASSESSMENT

3 Fox is a proven winner, he came here with one of the worst rosters in the league, he needs time to change that. Toub has no history to just turn over a team to him.Bad idea

4 Gould is gone, we will go with a lousy K until we get a young new one.

5. Cutler is the best option we have and until we get a replacement , he will be our QB.

Is it overreacting after 2 games of the same BS has been happening for years? Doesn't matter who serves the shit sandwich when you take a bite.

So your ok with replacing the coaches and restarting the rebuild all over again,

I didn't say that. But I don't think it's overreacting to want changes when the people brought in don't do a damn thing with what they have. This team has been rebuilding for a lot longer than two years.

I didn't say that. But I don't think it's overreacting to want changes when the people brought in don't do a damn thing with what they have. This team has been rebuilding for a lot longer than two years.

But this is 1st time in awhile that nobody is on a long term deal really,. Salary has been dumped and older players who won't fit the future have been either released it traded away. Other yrs they weren't going about it correctly otherwise we never would have had the oldest roster in the league last yr. That's exactly what the current regime inherited.

No they haven't. They weren't rebuilding during the Lovie Smith era and they certainly weren't rebuilding when they hired Trestman. Lovie was fired because they thought they were a playoff team and so did the fans and we didn't play to that level. We have been trying to contend for the last 10+ years (with the exception of last year). Expectations were very high during the Trestman era and during the vast majority of the Lovie Smith era.

But this is 1st time in awhile that nobody is on a long term deal really,. Salary has been dumped and older players who won't fit the future have been either released it traded away. Other yrs they weren't going about it correctly otherwise we never would have had the oldest roster in the league last yr. That's exactly what the current regime inherited.

Said another way, the reason we weren't doing it, is because we thought (mistakenly) that we were still contending. Bottom line, we didn't start rebuilding until year one of John Fox and it was the first time we had rebuilt since the beginning of the Lovie Smith era.

Said another way, the reason we weren't doing it, is because we thought (mistakenly) that we were still contending. Bottom line, we didn't start rebuilding until year one of John Fox and it was the first time we had rebuilt since the beginning of the Lovie Smith era.

Yup. I've seen it before. Just like with cubs. They kept fooling ourselves thinking we could compete. But it wasn't til Theo and company came in and completely dismantled everything did they truly start rebuilding. Maybe the difference is Theo came straight out and told ppl what that plan was and that it would take awhile and pleaded for patience with the fans. I don't recall pace actually saying that but it's exactly what he's doing

Yup. I've seen it before. Just like with cubs. They kept fooling ourselves thinking we could compete. But it wasn't til Theo and company came in and completely dismantled everything did they truly start rebuilding. Maybe the difference is Theo came straight out and told ppl what that plan was and that it would take awhile and pleaded for patience with the fans. I don't recall pace actually saying that but it's exactly what he's doing

Agree. And while they haven't directly stated it (and you don't necessarily want to cause that gives different notions to the players, especially in a league where turnarounds can happen faster then say baseball), their moves have certainly stated it. They moved away from guys who would have helped us in the next year or two, to create opportunities for guys who can help us 3-5 years from now. My timeline is that if next year we don't start seeing signs of a turnaround (recognizing we'll probably have a new QB, so the record might not reflect it, but I'd hope we'd start seeing more core type players emerging and a general positive direction).

I think you're right...

No they haven't. They weren't rebuilding during the Lovie Smith era and they certainly weren't rebuilding when they hired Trestman. Lovie was fired because they thought they were a playoff team and so did the fans and we didn't play to that level. We have been trying to contend for the last 10+ years (with the exception of last year). Expectations were very high during the Trestman era and during the vast majority of the Lovie Smith era.

You're right. I wasn't clear. I meant that the team should have been rebuilding for a lot longer than 2 years. The team feels like it should have been rebuilding for several more years, but it's easy to forget the last few Lovie Smith years.