A way out

Stinger226

I have a thought for a trade and why they would do it.

We liked Connor Cook and after a potenial dismal year Jeffery wont want to stay here.

So we trade Ashton Jeffery and Logan Paulson to Oakland for :

Connor Cook/R someone we liked

Seth Roberts (32-480-5) in 2014 25

Mychal Rivera (clearly the #2 since they drafted Walford) 26

Roberts is just another WR but can take Ashtons place on the roster

Cook and get valuable playing time while Jay is hurt

Rivera is a clear better #2 than any we have.

WHY OAKLAND WOULD DO IT:

The prospects of teaming Jeffery and Cooper would be huge

They still have Matt McGloin who is least a decent backup.

Wilford is the young starter.

WHY

We get our QB of the future

A couple of younger prospects that at least can be decent backups.

As much as he hasnt shown it yet, our future as WR is going to be Kevin White

After another bad year, Ashton is not going to sign and we are not going to tag him again at a huge price.

This aint our year and at least we get a QB prospect and high draft picks to continue to build the roster.

Del Rio and Fox are friends and may help get the trade done.

Because I am a big dreamer.

We liked Connor Cook and after a potenial dismal year Jeffery wont want to stay here.

WHY OAKLAND WOULD DO IT:

WHY

After another bad year, Ashton is not going to sign and we are not going to tag him again at a huge price.

This aint our year and at least we get a QB prospect and high draft picks to continue to build the roster.

Honestly I think id rather go about it using the draft. And I don't like giving up alshon for someone we don't even know if he's better than hoyer. He hasn't played so it's a complete unknown at this time

Jeffrey's the only thing we got...I'd rather not part with him. Is it possible to sign him long term now or has that window closed?

WHY OAKLAND WOULD DO IT:

WHY

I don't mind the concept as much as I'd rather see us trade for a good QB and not Connor Cook. I think Cutler is here next year unless the wheels fall off completely but he will be looking at his replacement. Until he tore apart his thumb he was not the reason the offense wasn't moving the ball. Unless he is key to run blocking. After the injury it was clear he couldn't throw a football.

I don't mind the concept as much as I'd rather see us trade for a good QB and not Connor Cook. I think Cutler is here next year unless the wheels fall off completely but he will be looking at his replacement. Until he tore apart his thumb he was not the reason the offense wasn't moving the ball. Unless he is key to run blocking. After the injury it was clear he couldn't throw a football.

I actually do believe he's gone as his cap hit will be basically nothing by releasing him. We couldn't do that before this season Because of the $20M cap hut

The problem is there is not many QBs out there to actually obtain so we have to go with a young guy. If we wait for the draft then we go though the growing pains and it pushes our schedule one year later. I do not think we resign Jeffery long term, and a cap hit next year on tagging him will be to large, so we just lose him.

Yes it is a great risk on a QB on with very little tape but we will go through next year in the same position.

What this will do is give me some hope that we have a QB of the future now instead of waiting one year and give him one year of time to learn while playing in the NFL.

The two players are just younger depth types but ones we can use with our depth right now.

Raiders have Crabtree who has a fairly decent contract for the next few years.

After this year Crabtree has no guaranteed money left. They part ways with him and they have 9 million and with trading those 3 player would gain another 3 mil.,maybe they have to trade Crabtree in the deal.

This whole thread is moot if the Bears spent one of those fourth round picks on Dak Prescott.

I'm fine with trading Alshon at this point, however, because the season is already done.

Also, I don't like that trade.

There are lots of points we can bring up, of coulda, shoulda , but lets work on what is possible today.

This whole thread is moot if the Bears spent one of those fourth round picks on Dak Prescott.

I'm fine with trading Alshon at this point, however, because the season is already done.

Also, I don't like that trade.

I don't like the idea of trading Alshon and think we should sign him to a long-term deal or trade him for at least a 1st round pick (in the off-season). We don't know whether he can prove that he can stay on the field or not, but what we do know, is when he is on the field, he is a game changing wideout and one of the best wideouts in the league. Dude makes plays and is still very young and should remain an extremely productive player over the next few years (including years where I hope we are back in contention and rebuilt). I see no logic to dump Jeffrey (a young, talented wideout), when we have lots of cap space and are talent deprived. Dumping him means instead of using draft picks on other needs / voids to fill, instead we have to use said picks to address another void (that we created by dumping Alshon).

I don't like the idea of trading Alshon and think we should sign him to a long-term deal or trade him for at least a 1st round pick (in the off-season). We don't know whether he can prove that he can stay on the field or not, but what we do know, is when he is on the field, he is a game changing wideout and one of the best wideouts in the league. Dude makes plays and is still very young and should remain an extremely productive player over the next few years (including years where I hope we are back in contention and rebuilt). I see no logic to dump Jeffrey (a young, talented wideout), when we have lots of cap space and are talent deprived. Dumping him means instead of using draft picks on other needs / voids to fill, instead we have to use said picks to address another void (that we created by dumping Alshon).

I would love him to be here his whole career just dont think he wants to and the club doesnt tag him for a second time.

The reasoning is that there are many holes on the team, and the Bears, while enjoying Alshon's ability, have a surplus of #1 WRs. That is, of course, if White ends up being who he is supposed to be. Of course, the other part is, rookies are cheaper than Alshon, and he's shown unhappiness in Chicago. IF the Bears are rebuilding, which it appears they just might be doing pretty soon, then more draft picks are better.

The reasoning is that there are many holes on the team, and the Bears, while enjoying Alshon's ability, have a surplus of #1 WRs. That is, of course, if White ends up being who he is supposed to be. Of course, the other part is, rookies are cheaper than Alshon, and he's shown unhappiness in Chicago. IF the Bears are rebuilding, which it appears they just might be doing pretty soon, then more draft picks are better.

What was proposed didn't have anything to do with draft picks though. It was about getting cook and Roberts. If we can get multiple 1s I'd entertain the idea otherwise there's no way I'm letting him go when he can be a big part of the future as he is still young

What was proposed didn't have anything to do with draft picks though. It was about getting cook and Roberts. If we can get multiple 1s I'd entertain the idea otherwise there's no way I'm letting him go when he can be a big part of the future as he is still young

The main reason of the post is to get a QB prospect that can start playing now with Cutler hurt could have gotten some valuable playing time and start the cycle.

That's why I said I didn't like the trade.

I said I'd trade him for a 1st round pick +, but what we were talking about in this thread was a complete diservice, imo, to the value that Alshon provides.

I said I'd trade him for a 1st round pick +, but what we were talking about in this thread was a complete diservice, imo, to the value that Alshon provides.

He has a great valve right now, but one-if he has some injuries going forward his valve goes down, 2-if lousy QB play decreases his overall performance, now may be better than later. For me everything is about getting a QB prospect sooner than later, all new players will have great risk but until we get a QB prospect, our potential success will be a long way off. It was just a suggestion as something that may be possible to happen, there are not a lot of QBs sitting around as a #2 on teams.

He has a great valve right now, but one-if he has some injuries going forward his valve goes down, 2-if lousy QB play decreases his overall performance, now may be better than later. For me everything is about getting a QB prospect sooner than later, all new players will have great risk but until we get a QB prospect, our potential success will be a long way off. It was just a suggestion as something that may be possible to happen, there are not a lot of QBs sitting around as a #2 on teams.

Agreed. I just view Cook as a guy who was taken relatively late, so if a team wanted to trade for Jeffrey now and gave us picks in this years upcoming draft, great. Now I would do a deal that would involve Cook & a 1st round pick (IF our front office thought Cook had some potential). It isn't like Cook was a 2nd round pick or something. He was a 4th round pick. I'd also look at the Patriots and say if they want Jeffrey and a pick from us, I'd trade them Jimmy G.