Prescott

AZ54

A friend who is a Cowboys fan told me he isn't that impressed with Dak so far. He said he's very inconsistent on long passes (the knock on him in the draft) but that he's good on the short routes. Of course he's also good at scrambling around and that makes up for a lot. His biggest concern was that Prescott is ineffective and often makes bad throws in the red zone.

Impossible to tell if our defense will be able to find any advantage in that mix especially with so many players out with injury. We might get lucky in the red zone but Dez Bryant can make up for a lot of inaccuracies on a pass. On the other hand it all likely means Dallas will focus heavily on the run game.

My glimmer of hope for this game is that every Cowboy's fan has the name Jordan Howard etched in their mind afterwards and they are wondering why they drafted a RB in Rd 1 when Howard was available on day 3.

Dak has been solid, but Carson Wentz is miles ahead of him right now—which I guess shouldn't be a surprise since he was the #2 pick in the draft.

I want to wait a while before anointing him as the next great QB. Let's wait and see how he plays against an elite defense. He hasn't been pressured at all yet. As teams get more film on him, they'll eventually figure him out. Then, we will see what he's made of after that.

I still like the young talent we have on our roster and I'm most likely the only one. The roster is by no means complete but I think we have some good building blocks now.

We just had very little to start at the beginning of the era (that wasn't older veteran talent that was going to go downhill by the time we got competitive). We just made the decision to get bad real fast and start opening up tons of spots to see what young talent can develop. I'm going to be patient with the process.