Kevin White put on IR, broken leg....again

GakMan23

Last 5 1st round picks:

2016- Floyd (.5 sack through 4 games, doesn't look like the elite pass rusher he was supposed to be)

2015- Kevin White (4 games played out of a possible 32; IR'd twice; major bust)

2014- Kyle Fuller (Had a great 4 games to start his rookie year, then regressed majorly; IR'd this year; bust)

2013- Kyle Long (Stud)

2012- Shea McClellin (Bust)

When you look at the last few drafts, especially in the 1st round where you absolutely cannot miss, it's no surprise why the Bears are where they are. Until they get a GM who can draft well, they will always be bad. Stop taking PROJECTS with your 1st round picks!

Last 5 1st round picks:

2016- Floyd (.5 sack through 4 games, doesn't look like the elite pass rusher he was supposed to be)

2014- Kyle Fuller (Had a great 4 games to start his rookie year, then regressed majorly; IR'd this year; bust)

2013- Kyle Long (Stud)

When you look at the last few drafts, especially in the 1st round where you absolutely cannot miss, it's no surprise why the Bears are where they are. Until they get a GM who can draft well, they will always be bad. Stop taking PROJECTS with your 1st round picks!

Pace didn't draft Fuller, Long or McClellin

I know, my point remains the same. The Bears have been horrendous at drafting in the 1st round for a number of years, and it's why they never make the playoffs.

Yeah, I hear you. However, Floyd has only played 4 games his entire career so far. However, Kevin White's career is not all it's cracked up to be. (too soon?)

Last 5 1st round picks:

2013- Kyle Long (Stud)

With White, he had no injury concerns coming out of college, so I have a hard time knocking Pace when it comes to that pick and we knew Floyd would not be an instant playmaker and a bit more of a project. I'm not ready to write-off either of Pace's picks yet, but there are clearly reasons to be concerned with the White pick.

PS: I think we need to sign Alshon.

It is way to early to judge either of Pace's drafts. This class has only played 4 games. Wait until at least 2 years for each draft.

Peace :dabears

It's most definitely not too early to judge Kevin White. He's played 4 games out of a possible 32. What is the comp for a player who's basically missed his first two years due to injuries, and then went on to be a perennial Pro Bowler? The likelihood of White ever materializing into anything of major substance is basically zero.

It's most definitely not too early to judge Kevin White. He's played 4 games out of a possible 32. What is the comp for a player who's basically missed his first two years due to injuries, and then went on to be a perennial Pro Bowler? The likelihood of White ever materializing into anything of major substance is basically zero.

Unfortunately, he is most likely a bust through no fault of his own or the Bears. As stated above, he had a clear injury history in college. He looked as if he was just about to break out.

We will have to wait on everyone else.

Peace :dabears

He's played 4 games out of a possible 20. Not out of a possible 32. He is not even out for this entire season (unless something changed) and could be back within 8 weeks (not sure how accurate that is or not). So he will end up missing something more like 6 to 8 games out of 32. Not ideal, but it is still two seasons and unrelated injuries (and no prior history of injuries). If he has a third, then absolutely, he is a bust. Clearly, the arrow isn't pointing up, but a week ago, prior to going down, he was looking like he was finally getting comfortable.

He's played 4 games out of a possible 20. Not out of a possible 32. He is not even out for this entire season (unless something changed) and could be back within 8 weeks (not sure how accurate that is or not). So he will end up missing something more like 6 to 8 games out of 32. Not ideal, but it is still two seasons and unrelated injuries (and no prior history of injuries). If he has a third, then absolutely, he is a bust. Clearly, the arrow isn't pointing up, but a week ago, prior to going down, he was looking like he was finally getting comfortable.

Injuries are not something you plan, its sucks for him and us. The one thing it will do is force the bears to give jeffery a contract, cant let him get away.

Listening to Fox right now, i think the injury is a by product of his leg being weaker from the first injury.

Injuries are not something you plan, its sucks for him and us. The one thing it will do is force the bears to give jeffery a contract, cant let him get away.

Listening to Fox right now, i think the injury is a by product of his leg being weaker from the first injury.

If that is the case, he will never be the same.

He broke the fibula, not tibia so this is entirely unrelated to last year's injury. He'll be back. Whether it is this season or not depends not just on him but also other injuries with Kyle Fuller being the other likely to return from IR.

He broke the fibula, not tibia so this is entirely unrelated to last year's injury. He'll be back. Whether it is this season or not depends not just on him but also other injuries with Kyle Fuller being the other likely to return from IR.

Not related? Same leg, it's related.

Not related? Same leg, it's related.

Two different bones, same leg. Operation on one bone causing the other bone to be weaker???? Not an expert but I dont see it. Now if the muscle around said bones were weaker and that meant the torque was easier to break a bone then maybe I could see that but from what I read he was 100%.