Kevin White put on IR, broken leg....again

GakMan23

Seriously, dude is a bust, a break after a rod in your shin? This dude need some vitamin D.

More like the Bears are cursed. White's injury came from the defensive player falling on it. It could have been related to the leg strength not being where it needed to be or possibly since the tibia has a rod in it and wouldn't flex in parallel with the fibula and the later gave.. Either way, seeing him as the player envisioned will never come to fruitation and it is fair to say so far he is a bust because we will never know.

Seriously, dude is a bust, a break after a rod in your shin? This dude need some vitamin D.

LOL! I thought the same thing. How weak is this guy?

BTW - Not that I could predict injury, but the "freak athlete" guys don't pan out nearly as often as the "really good athlete who does all the little football things right" guys. It's why I wanted Amari Cooper so much more than White. Cooper beat people with skill first, athleticism second. White was all about being faster, jumping higher, etc. And with back-to-back broken legs, he might not be able to rely on that any more.

LOL! I thought the same thing. How weak is this guy?

BTW - Not that I could predict injury, but the "freak athlete" guys don't pan out nearly as often as the "really good athlete who does all the little football things right" guys. It's why I wanted Amari Cooper so much more than White. Cooper beat people with skill first, athleticism second. White was all about being faster, jumping higher, etc. And with back-to-back broken legs, he might not be able to rely on that any more.

I think everyone wanted Cooper. Unfortunately, he went off the board sooner. White went right when he was expected to. On a sidenote, Demaryius Thomas had quite a few injuries his first couple years and was deemed injury prone before he eventually went on to explode onto the scene in his third year (he did play more games, but had a few serious injuries, including a torn Achilles).

Unfortunately, he is most likely a bust through no fault of his own or the Bears. As stated above, he had a clear injury history in college. He looked as if he was just about to break out.

We will have to wait on everyone else.

Peace :dabears

I disagree with the "through no fault of his own" comment. We don't know that. I've broken each ankle, and have had far too numerous ankle sprains - including the high variety - than I care to remember. The fact of the matter is, when you have a lower leg injury, you can do a lot to prevent future injuries. I learned that really late, but once I did, rehab was my best friend. I did tons and tons of little exercises that strengthen those peculiar muscles that help combat ankle sprains and such. To this day I randomly do calf raises and ankle turns whenever standing in line; it's Pavlovian at this point.

I'm not saying he neglected to do things like that, but I'd guess he didn't do that stuff very much. Rehabbing to get back from injury is one thing, but rehabbing to do that AND prevent the future injury is a completely different thing.

I disagree with the "through no fault of his own" comment. We don't know that. I've broken each ankle, and have had far too numerous ankle sprains - including the high variety - than I care to remember. The fact of the matter is, when you have a lower leg injury, you can do a lot to prevent future injuries. I learned that really late, but once I did, rehab was my best friend. I did tons and tons of little exercises that strengthen those peculiar muscles that help combat ankle sprains and such. To this day I randomly do calf raises and ankle turns whenever standing in line; it's Pavlovian at this point.

I'm not saying he neglected to do things like that, but I'd guess he didn't do that stuff very much. Rehabbing to get back from injury is one thing, but rehabbing to do that AND prevent the future injury is a completely different thing.

All the talk was that White had done nothing but bust his but and work hard. Football is a contact sport and this was a contact injury (not a non-contact injury or anything of the like). Sometimes things just happen and in this case it did. Maybe indeed his muscles are weak or he just is more prone to injury, but entering the draft, there was no track record of that.

Two different bones, same leg. Operation on one bone causing the other bone to be weaker???? Not an expert but I dont see it. Now if the muscle around said bones were weaker and that meant the torque was easier to break a bone then maybe I could see that but from what I read he was 100%.

I'm no doctor but if the tibia is stronger with the rod in it the next bone to go is going to be the supporting fibula. Also, I assume there is somewhat less flexibility and RoM with a rod in so that would put more pressure on the other bone, similar to the ulna and radius in the arm. To me this injury was probably the biggest risk after that type of surgery. Either way it sucks because that leg is always going to be more susceptible to injury. Next will be an ankle or knee injury in the same leg.

More like the Bears are cursed. White's injury came from the defensive player falling on it. It could have been related to the leg strength not being where it needed to be or possibly since the tibia has a rod in it and wouldn't flex in parallel with the fibula and the later gave.. Either way, seeing him as the player envisioned will never come to fruitation and it is fair to say so far he is a bust because we will never know.

Can the Bears ban the use of the number 13????

Surgery it is. smh

Jeff Dickerson

ESPN Staff Writer

Bears WR Kevin White will undergo surgery this week on his broken left fibula, head coach John Fox said on Monday. Fox would not rule out that White may return from injured reserved later in the year.