Barth lost this game

Connorbear

For those of you who wanted a change at kicker. Two attempts missed in the 3rd quarter - make either and we are kicking for a tie at the end.

Peace :dabears

There is a lot of blame to go around. Barth is not the answer, there has to be a better kicker on the street. Penalties, Meredith fumble (after a career game), defense like swiss cheese, etc.

There is a lot of blame to go around. Barth is not the answer, there has to be a better kicker on the street. Penalties, Meredith fumble (after a career game), defense like swiss cheese, etc.

Robbie didn't actually lose those games last year either. They were team losses just like this loss today.

I can't say that Barth is any worse than what I saw from Gould last season or during the preseason especially with the missed PATs. Barth has a problem with over-correction. Miss left, come back and miss right. I'd say we lost because of too many penalties on drives especially those in the redzone.

Robbie didn't actually lose those games last year either. They were team losses just like this loss today.

Robbie missed a 36 and 40 yarder and we lost by 6 (after going into OT). He missed the 36 yarder at the end of regulation. The kicker doesn't lose the game by himself, but Robbie had a lot more to do with that loss than Barth did in this game.

In comparison, Barth missed a 54 yarder and 49 yarder after the penalty. Kicks that long are a crapshoot, but the 31 yarder he missed against Philly was unacceptable. I would cut him if he misses anything less than 40.

For those of you who wanted a change at kicker. Two attempts missed in the 3rd quarter - make either and we are kicking for a tie at the end.

I will say he has sucked, but as I pointed out when we signed him, he was a worse kicker then Gould. I'm not saying Gould was at the top of his game anymore and none of us know what he'd do this year, but history tells me Gould was far superior (even last year), especially when it came to hitting kicks from far. I don't like Barth and it was a crappy move (getting him).

I hope we can find a way to upgrade the kicker position (I also understand moving away from Gould, but if we do, I'd like to get a good young kicker or find one and if we wanted to dump Gould, we should have done it a lot earlier in the process).

Note: I heard where Gould supposedly was the best kicker the Cowboys tried out, but he wasn't willing to take the temporary gig when the offer was given to him (if he plays this year, he wants a job that he could hold vs. being a short term injury replacement).