Bears vs Jags game thread

jason

Hoyer does well not turning the ball over but he can't seem to get the ball in the end zone. The oline looks improved so we need to see if Cutler can make a difference. I know at the moment we look like having a high draft pick but I am unsure whether the roster is good enough to take one a QB with a top 1 to 5 pick at this point.

I Still think we need to upgrade the defense and Cutlers contract is team friendly moving forward unless we can get as lucky as Seattle did and pick up a Russell Wilson caliber player between round 3 to 4 which would mean the money allocated to the QB position would be small if we trade or cut Cutler.

If the oline continues to gel and we franchise Jeffery and keep Cutler we should be able to seriously improve the defense at the top of the draft. Although we may still need an offensive tackle.

I think I said this after the last loss, but this game was great. It shows us a lot of potential, gives us glimpses of hope, gives reps to some up and coming players, shows us Hoyer is the dink-and-dunker we thought he was, and that the team can compete despite having a bunch of injuries and glaring holes in a few places.

It's a loss, and losses always suck, but this was nearly perfect for the long-term goals of the Bears organization.

Exactly.

Peace :dabears

I don't fancy blowing this up again. I would not want to sack Fox at this point. If we bring in another coach it could mean the players don't fit there schemes and we again transform the roster.

I would rather give Pace and Fox another 2 years to find out how the roster and coaching matures i.e. players develop, players and coaches get used to the offensive and defensive schemes to find out if we become a playoff caliber team.

I would if we go back 2 years ago most bears fans would be surprised how much of a rebuild this has turned out to be. I would imagine that Fox and Pace didn't realise this as well.

I don't fancy blowing this up again. I would not want to sack Fox at this point. If we bring in another coach it could mean the players don't fit there schemes and we again transform the roster.

I would rather give Pace and Fox another 2 years to find out how the roster and coaching matures i.e. players develop, players and coaches get used to the offensive and defensive schemes to find out if we become a playoff caliber team.

I would if we go back 2 years ago most bears fans would be surprised how much of a rebuild this has turned out to be. I would imagine that Fox and Pace didn't realise this as well.

They are also dealing with many injuries. Goldman is a force in the middle, his return along with McPhee should help the front 7. Leonard Floyd also needs to see the field, have to believe he will eventually be a difference maker. He still needs to add bulk, but he needs game experience.

I think I said this after the last loss, but this game was great. It shows us a lot of potential, gives us glimpses of hope, gives reps to some up and coming players, shows us Hoyer is the dink-and-dunker we thought he was, and that the team can compete despite having a bunch of injuries and glaring holes in a few places.

It's a loss, and losses always suck, but this was nearly perfect for the long-term goals of the Bears organization.

I agree 100%. This doesn't look like a bad Bears team. It looks like a bad Giants team, or a Bad Broncos team. I see flashes, and I see holes.

If you are trying to teach Cutler to stop throwing off of his back foot, and across his body, you might not roll him out so much. You might hope that once he corrected those mechanics that you could roll him out, but maybe they knew they couldn't trust him to do it.

Hoyer is the perfect back-up or guy to put out while you groom the future.

He won't lose games, but he won't win them either. It's paramount that we run a lot and play good D. Both those things, we aren't.

My biggest disaapointment in all honesty is Fangio. I know he's missing pieces...but I'm just not seeing much that he's doing to put his guys in position to succeed but only a a few times you can count on one hand.

Hoyer does well not turning the ball over but he can't seem to get the ball in the end zone. The oline looks improved so we need to see if Cutler can make a difference. I know at the moment we look like having a high draft pick but I am unsure whether the roster is good enough to take one a QB with a top 1 to 5 pick at this point.

I Still think we need to upgrade the defense and Cutlers contract is team friendly moving forward unless we can get as lucky as Seattle did and pick up a Russell Wilson caliber player between round 3 to 4 which would mean the money allocated to the QB position would be small if we trade or cut Cutler.

If the oline continues to gel and we franchise Jeffery and keep Cutler we should be able to seriously improve the defense at the top of the draft. Although we may still need an offensive tackle.

agreed

However, that said...I'm starting to really question the coaching staff. Both OC and DC. I'm just not seeing a plan that uts us in a good position to succeed. We need to run and play pressure D. We give up long 3rd downs like they're coupons.

We're 1-5 with 3 losses in the AFC South. That is pitiful.

Obviously the injuries are impacting the defense, but the offense should not only be scoring 16 pts a game. That is sad. Loggains needs to go. Horrible play calling.

There is no point in winning anymore games, but I have a feeling we will and end up 5-11 and drafting around 10 again.

If you are trying to teach Cutler to stop throwing off of his back foot, and across his body, you might not roll him out so much. You might hope that once he corrected those mechanics that you could roll him out, but maybe they knew they couldn't trust him to do it.

You may not have seen it, but one of the last few issues of Sports Illustrated talked about the preparation before a football Sunday. One of those reports was with the Texans before they played the Bears. I don't have it on me right now, but the tidbit I found interesting was from their HC Bill O'Brien, who said (paraphrased): "Absolutely do not let Cutler get outside. Don't do it. Keep him inside at all costs, because he'll get flustered under the pressure and throw it to us."

I could get it and quote it if you like, but I think that pretty much settles the concept. If the other teams are making it a priority, that tells me Cutler is probably dangerous there.