Hoyer again throws for 300 yards

AZ54

And again does nothing in the red zone. That said, Hoyer is perfect. Allows us to lose while still largely developing offensive players. I do think Hoyer is a darn good back-up / bridge for a young rookie QB.

Not sure how this can be Hoyers issue entirely. Have to think there is a lot of other holes to fill. One example; Tracy Porter. He does a great job of making a pick and running it out of the endzone (actually should've probably been down in the endzone) then towards the end of the game falls down for the backbreak play to Benn. Benn who hasn't had a TD or played in 5 years(?). The team managed to hold a lead for most of the game until the end when things just started to come apart. This is a coaching issue.

Porter is too much a veteran to be making mistakes like that late in a game. Apparently JAX did some film study on Howard so the team tried to use Carey with a hair more success. How many times have we heard that if you have no running game you can't pass? Redzone play relies more of short yardage success which involves more running and intermediate throws. I didn't see a whole lot of trying on the running game, especially in the RZ and the passes that they had Hoyer trying seemed to be more long gain attempts. This whole issue to me is on Loggains and to some extent Fangio.

Not sure how this can be Hoyers issue entirely. Have to think there is a lot of other holes to fill. One example; Tracy Porter. He does a great job of making a pick and running it out of the endzone (actually should've probably been down in the endzone) then towards the end of the game falls down for the backbreak play to Benn. Benn who hasn't had a TD or played in 5 years(?). The team managed to hold a lead for most of the game until the end when things just started to come apart. This is a coaching issue.

Porter is too much a veteran to be making mistakes like that late in a game. Apparently JAX did some film study on Howard so the team tried to use Carey with a hair more success. How many times have we heard that if you have no running game you can't pass? Redzone play relies more of short yardage success which involves more running and intermediate throws. I didn't see a whole lot of trying on the running game, especially in the RZ and the passes that they had Hoyer trying seemed to be more long gain attempts. This whole issue to me is on Loggains and to some extent Fangio.

Porter lost his footing and hurt himself on the play. The offense should have still put up more than 16 points on this team. Field goals have to be turned into touchdowns. That is the issue with Hoyer. He's not getting the ball in the endzone enough.

Peace :dabears

Porter lost his footing and hurt himself on the play. The offense should have still put up more than 16 points on this team. Field goals have to be turned into touchdowns. That is the issue with Hoyer. He's not getting the ball in the endzone enough.

So you're saying this was all on Hoyer? There were no other faults that contributed to the loss? I'll agree that Hoyer could have done more had Loggains been able to call a better game.

And Porter slipping or not; when you rush nearly 9 players there's almost no excuse to have to even worry about that.

So you're saying this was all on Hoyer? There were no other faults that contributed to the loss? I'll agree that Hoyer could have done more had Loggains been able to call a better game.

And Porter slipping or not; when you rush nearly 9 players there's almost no excuse to have to even worry about that.

Not saying that. I am saying that the offense should have scored more than 16 points, and Hoyer has shown us he can't lead us to do that.

Truly baffling why Howard was not used that often. He's not a home run runner. He beats you down, and over the course of the game, he started getting chunks.

I really have no faith in our coaching staff at this moment. I'm still unsure about Pace... But, he's not the one coming out of halftimes to get absolutely pummeled on a weekly basis.

Team loss, not entirely on Hoyer though you would like him to step up at least once when we need him to lead the team to a win. He has had several chances. Now 4x 300 yard games and a 1-3 record. I still think this is coming down to Loggains and a horrible game plan. Jeffery, Royal, Miller, Meredith, and Howard, and we score 16 pts?

I see too many routes with 2x receivers very close to each other. The field is too big to have 2 out of 4 receivers 3-4 yards from each other. That makes defending that area very easy. Also, where is the 2-minute drill with quick hitting slants, etc. I am sick of the lateral throw behind the LoS for a loss of 2-3 yards. How many times are we going to do that. We don't have a speedy slot guy for that to work properly.

Team loss, not entirely on Hoyer though you would like him to step up at least once when we need him to lead the team to a win. He has had several chances. Now 4x 300 yard games and a 1-3 record. I still think this is coming down to Loggains and a horrible game plan. Jeffery, Royal, Miller, Meredith, and Howard, and we score 16 pts?

I see too many routes with 2x receivers very close to each other. The field is too big to have 2 out of 4 receivers 3-4 yards from each other. That makes defending that area very easy. Also, where is the 2-minute drill with quick hitting slants, etc. I am sick of the lateral throw behind the LoS for a loss of 2-3 yards. How many times are we going to do that. We don't have a speedy slot guy for that to work properly.

Thank you. I thought the offense was starting to look way too predictable.

One thing that I dont like about Hoyer is sometimes he tends to not scan the field entirely. In the loss against Indy he missed a nearly open AJ on the left in the endzone. And yesterday he missed a wide open safety valve play of Howard on the left. Had he thrown to Howard and he caught it there was no doubt it would've at least been a first down. I believe it was either late in the third or during the fourth quarter when we were working towards the endzone. And just inside or out of the redzone. Not sure if he's told to go to one of the first two reads but it seems consistent in the red zone (at least these two plays) that if Hoyer is to throw he's not scanning for all options. At least he's not throwing INTs like you know who would be.

Truly baffling why Howard was not used that often. He's not a home run runner. He beats you down, and over the course of the game, he started getting chunks.

I really have no faith in our coaching staff at this moment. I'm still unsure about Pace... But, he's not the one coming out of halftimes to get absolutely pummeled on a weekly basis.

Agreed. Still love Fox but Loggains is falling out of favor quick.

This is football. A loss is rarely on one player, Brett Favre's 6 INT in the playoffs being one exception. That said, Hoyer's limitations are blatantly obvious when you watch film of the game. He is inaccurate beyond 20 yards. This is nothing new, go back and see what he did in AZ, Cleveland, Houston, etc. He tried to go downfield a couple times against Jax but he doesn't have the arm talent you need to challenge downfield unless a guy is wide open (i.e. blown coverage).

He knows what he can do, and he knows what gets him in trouble with INTs, so he makes quick reads and throws for 7 yards. Defenses just bait him into it and drop the LBs back a bit to open up the underneath and Hoyer will jump right on it. Then Posluzny closes to decapitate your WR. When you get in the red zone nobody's dropping back.

I don't think he's particularly good at reading coverages either. On one 3rd and long he had a well designed route by two WRs one running beyond the sticks and one underneath. The DB started to go with the over route but then came back to the underneath WR leaving the first down wide open. Guess who Hoyer threw to?

If we have 3rd and 10+, already hard enough in the NFL, just forget about it because he'll rarely make the pass needed unless we get lucky on a catch and run. On the last pass he threw he was about 3 feet behind where it should been for Jeffrey. Jeffrey slows up and Ramsey comes underneath to knock it down and it's game over.

The Packers D is good upfront and weak on the corners (injuries). We won't be able to consistently take advantage of the edges with Hoyer and they know it.

Kizer can make those touch passes deep downfield outside the numbers. I"m not sure how well he reads and throws to the deep middle but he at least has the arm strength to get it there.

Hoyer can't go deep. His accuracy isn't good as was evident when he tries. He's nothing more than your classic dink and dunk guy. Those types don't turn the ball over a lot but they rarely throw many td's either. And why do ppl still bring up cutler. He's got nothing to do with this and he is clearly gone at end of the yr. Why can't we just leave that dead horse alone instead of continuing to take shots. If he even plays again then it's free game.

This is football. A loss is rarely on one player, Brett Favre's 6 INT in the playoffs being one exception. That said, Hoyer's limitations are blatantly obvious when you watch film of the game. He is inaccurate beyond 20 yards. This is nothing new, go back and see what he did in AZ, Cleveland, Houston, etc. He tried to go downfield a couple times against Jax but he doesn't have the arm talent you need to challenge downfield unless a guy is wide open (i.e. blown coverage).

He knows what he can do, and he knows what gets him in trouble with INTs, so he makes quick reads and throws for 7 yards. Defenses just bait him into it and drop the LBs back a bit to open up the underneath and Hoyer will jump right on it. Then Posluzny closes to decapitate your WR. When you get in the red zone nobody's dropping back.

I don't think he's particularly good at reading coverages either. On one 3rd and long he had a well designed route by two WRs one running beyond the sticks and one underneath. The DB started to go with the over route but then came back to the underneath WR leaving the first down wide open. Guess who Hoyer threw to?

If we have 3rd and 10+, already hard enough in the NFL, just forget about it because he'll rarely make the pass needed unless we get lucky on a catch and run. On the last pass he threw he was about 3 feet behind where it should been for Jeffrey. Jeffrey slows up and Ramsey comes underneath to knock it down and it's game over.

The Packers D is good upfront and weak on the corners (injuries). We won't be able to consistently take advantage of the edges with Hoyer and they know it.

Kizer can make those touch passes deep downfield outside the numbers. I"m not sure how well he reads and throws to the deep middle but he at least has the arm strength to get it there.

So with Kizer getting all this hype, how come Notre Dame isn't scoring. I'm a Notre Dame fan but my young ones have been keeping me extremely busy this season so I haven't gotten to watch near the football I used to (Bears take priority so the Irish have gotten the shorter straw). Haven't they scored like one touchdown in the last nine quarters? I ask because for a guy to go #1 overall or top 5, I would expect them to be tearing it up. What has been the issue? I definitely see he has a ton of physical talent, but production hasn't seemed to match this year (especially last few weeks).

Hoyer can't go deep. His accuracy isn't good as was evident when he tries. He's nothing more than your classic dink and dunk guy. Those types don't turn the ball over a lot but they rarely throw many td's either. And why do ppl still bring up cutler. He's got nothing to do with this and he is clearly gone at end of the yr. Why can't we just leave that dead horse alone instead of continuing to take shots. If he even plays again then it's free game.

Well since he's still on the team and the last most recent attempt at a legitimate QB the Bears have tried, that's where you draw comparisons. And wonder 'what if'? Until he's completely gone, he's a topic of discussion.

Sorta like Dallas still talking about 'what to do with Romo'? Everybody knows the answer; just no one wants to say it (not in Dallas anyhow).

Hoyer is the QB its a team loss, Cutler is the QB its a Cutler loss. Makes sense.

So with Kizer getting all this hype, how come Notre Dame isn't scoring. I'm a Notre Dame fan but my young ones have been keeping me extremely busy this season so I haven't gotten to watch near the football I used to (Bears take priority so the Irish have gotten the shorter straw). Haven't they scored like one touchdown in the last nine quarters? I ask because for a guy to go #1 overall or top 5, I would expect them to be tearing it up. What has been the issue? I definitely see he has a ton of physical talent, but production hasn't seemed to match this year (especially last few weeks).

I've watched very little of Kizer. One full game on Draft Breakdown and parts of two other games I've seen live. There are times he hits guys in stride deep down the field with perfect precision. There are times I don't understand why his coaches have him throwing while on the run because he can't do that well. He can run decently but it's more in the mode of Jay Cutler not Cam Newton. I think he's got enough question marks, along with all the issues surrounding the ND program to have him fall to us. The flip side is Deshaun Watson and Clemson keep winning which will push his stock higher even if he too has some question marks.