Bears at Packers Thursday Night Game Thread

adam

Fudge Pack favored by 10? Lacy out.

QB comparison (Guess who):

109-181, 1170 yards, 6.46 AVG, 10 TD, 4 INT, 5 FUM, 88.4 Rating

130-189, 1396 yards, 7.29 AVG, 6 TD, 0 INT, 3 FUM, 100.8 Rating

Just thinking of postgame implications. Is Fox on the hot seat if we go to 1-6 with Minnesota and a bye looming? If we go to 1-7, does he get axed? How about Loggains? Do the Bears make any coaching changes if we lose against GB or MIN or both?

We are 2-9 in out last 11 games dating back to last season (or 3-10 in our last 13).

I do not think anyone gets axed during the season. Loggains could get axed in the off-season and that would be about it, imo.

Agreed although I could see Loggains sooner than later. Especially if they fire Gase in Miami. (Haha that is more wishful thinking than anything).

Also see that GB picked up Kniles Davis from KC in a trade. He's a decent runner.

Just thinking of postgame implications. Is Fox on the hot seat if we go to 1-6 with Minnesota and a bye looming? If we go to 1-7, does he get axed? How about Loggains? Do the Bears make any coaching changes if we lose against GB or MIN or both?

We are 2-9 in out last 11 games dating back to last season (or 3-10 in our last 13).

Statistically its Hoyer that's doing better. And that's 5 games for Rodgers (they've had a bye) to 4(?) for Hoyer. Was going to make the comparison to Rodgers in another thread where people were bemoaning how Hoyer is more of a game manager and can't (or won't) throw the long ball. However comparing both statistically over their careers; Hoyer has a 7.2 yds per throw average to Rodgers' 8.2. So neither is really blowing away the long game. I think the difference here is the people they're throwing to. YAC yardage is what needs to be looked at, not so much the QB.

Statistically its Hoyer that's doing better. And that's 5 games for Rodgers (they've had a bye) to 4(?) for Hoyer. Was going to make the comparison to Rodgers in another thread where people were bemoaning how Hoyer is more of a game manager and can't (or won't) throw the long ball. However comparing both statistically over their careers; Hoyer has a 7.2 yds per throw average to Rodgers' 8.2. So neither is really blowing away the long game. I think the difference here is the people they're throwing to. YAC yardage is what needs to be looked at, not so much the QB.

It's not so much who you are throwing to that generates YAC it's more how you throw it to them (i.e. in stride). If you throw a lot of out routes at the sideline you won't get a lot of YAC. There's also the decision on reading the defense as well so throwing to guys that aren't double teamed (as Cutler often did with Marshall, or as Hoyer often does on his frequent dump-offs in the middle) leads to more YAC. Keep in mind the type of routes run in the offensive scheme affect this too as well as pass protection. Wait until Gronkowski runs through the deep middle spreading apart the coverage and then dump off to Edelman underneath and watch him run. I don't think it's as simple as blaming the WRs for lack of YAC. Everyone has a part in it.

I don't see Loggains on the hot seat to lose his job right now. It's hard to say our offense has not improved since week 1. Everyone sees where we still need improvement in the red zone but otherwise with a journeyman QB he's shown steady, albeit slow, improvement. If there's no further improvement as the season wears on then yes pressure will build.

OK. All I want out of this game is an Erin Rodgers beat down...

I want Willie to go fishin' about 5-6 times, and want to see Travathan and Freeman combine on a legitimate by the books pinball hit that knocks him out of the game.

Please Santa...

:dabears

McPhee, Floyd, Callahan, and Porter are all playing.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@DickersonESPN 44s44 seconds ago

#Bears inactives: Jay Cutler, Eddie Royal, Deiondre Hall, Jeremy Langford, DeAndre Houston-Carson, Josh Sitton and Eddie Goldman.

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash 55s56 seconds ago

Josh Sitton, Jay Cutler, Eddie Royal are INACTIVE vs. Packers tonight. McPhee, Floyd, Callahan and Porter are ACTIVE.

God this team is so miserable. Staring 1-6 in the face, soon to be 1-7 after Vikings game.

Bears are now on their 3rd string QB and are playing guys in the defensive backfield I have never heard of. I can't think of a time they have had more injuries.

At this point in time, it is all about identifying and developing talent for next year. This year is done.

Peace :dabears

Disgusted but what more can you expect when this team is missing their top draft picks and high FA signings most of the year and almost every year. Nothing to build on when you are playing no names while your money sits in the sickbay. The only hope I have now is they end up with the #1 pick and get a QB. Kizer is about it, Matt Miller just said he is Wentz-ish. When they draft a QB, build the team around him asap with the best OC, oline, and WR/TEs.

1-Kizer QB

2-Butt/Howard TE

3-Crosby/McDermott RT

4-CB

4-WR

OC-McCoy if fired

the officiating was BAD last night. we not only had to play the packers with one hand tied behind our backs, we also had to play against the officials. non calls, nit pick mystery calls and...

anybody notice how our qb's can get mauled penalty free?

fabio hits hoyer helmet to helmet and then throws him down long after the ball was released early in the first half yet no flag. later hoyer gets another helmet to helmet with the same results. our defensive players touch a facemask with a single finger it's 15 yards.

the same goes when cutler is in the game. they can beat on him without any protection from the officials.

the officiating was BAD last night. we not only had to play the packers with one hand tied behind our backs, we also had to play against the officials. non calls, nit pick mystery calls and...

anybody notice how our qb's can get mauled penalty free?

fabio hits hoyer helmet to helmet and then throws him down long after the ball was released early in the first half yet no flag. later hoyer gets another helmet to helmet with the same results. our defensive players touch a facemask with a single finger it's 15 yards.

the same goes when cutler is in the game. they can beat on him without any protection from the officials.

That had to be one of the worst and biased officiated games I have seen in awhile. There were so many no calls against GB it was ridiculous. The refs alone accounted for 20 pts as they kept GB drives alive.

That had to be one of the worst and biased officiated games I have seen in awhile. There were so many no calls against GB it was ridiculous. The refs alone accounted for 20 pts as they kept GB drives alive.

The nfl knows the Bears need a high draft pick QB to turn their franchise around, so they are helping to make sure they don't screw it up.