So, what's up with Cutler?

Connorbear

I remember when he first went out they said he had a strained thumb and then recently I heard someone say ligament damage. When is this guy going to be playing again?

I don't see us being able to develop any of the talent with Barkley at QB.

Peace :dabears

His injury was pretty serious, but I think they've been playing it safe to downplay any controversy. I presume we might see him get healthier in a hurry, but we also have to wonder if the Bears even look at him. Remember, if we really are done with him, if he were to get hurt seriously this year, we would not be able to get rid of him and get out from his contract (kind of like the whole Kaeperneck thing). I suppose Jay could restructure to play, but I really wonder if we ever have him suit up again.

I'd think we would give Barkley a game or two. He looked awful tonight, but he hasn't had many reps with the first team unit and wasn't with us for training camp. I do agree that if Barkley stays epically bad, we would probably need to go back to Jay for the pure sake of you can't develop people (at least on the offensive side of the ball), with performances that bad. On the flipped, Barkley playing the rest of the year would pretty much assure us the #1/#2 pick.

Honestly I don't want cutler to play. I would rather lose the rest of the games instead of cutler coming in and winning a couple of games because in the end that would hurt us more

I completely understand this thought and I was good with that with Hoyer at QB because at least we saw some development from younger players. I don't see that happening with Barkley behind center. I know you did want to see him play but I was not impressed with what i saw last night.

I know he lobbied to play 3 weeks ago and was shut down by Fox. I think they want him 100% and are trying to trade him.

If that was the case, why not put him on IR? Unless they are looking to make a trade this year yet. Maybe Houston would trade Oswieler and a pick? They do not like what they have in that deal and at least Cutlers contract can be managed easily now. For any team to take Oswielers contract, what would be good compensation? A first round works for me, but I am biased.

If that was the case, why not put him on IR? Unless they are looking to make a trade this year yet. Maybe Houston would trade Oswieler and a pick? They do not like what they have in that deal and at least Cutlers contract can be managed easily now. For any team to take Oswielers contract, what would be good compensation? A first round works for me, but I am biased.

My thoughts were Houston and Cleveland this year. At 33, I don't see getting any better than a 3rd .

My thoughts were Houston and Cleveland this year. At 33, I don't see getting any better than a 3rd .

Cleveland I can see a 3rd, they are going to draft a QB also, so they wont be giving away any of their two first rds. Houston though is 4-2, leading the AFC South trying to make a push in the playoffs. They may see Cutler as a Bradford type that can get there with Hopkins,Fuller and Miller at RB. They can dump Osweilers contract on the Bears which is costly until after 2017 so a 1st could be possible.

1-2 Deshone Kizer QB

1-24 Desmond King CB-Dereck Barnett OLB considered but think CB is a bigger need.

2-34 Tyrell Crosby RT (best in the draft)

3-66 Jordan Leggett TE

4-100 Jarron Jones DT

4-108 Kevin King CB-

5-135 Julien Davenport LT -small school LT prospect

Getting healthy and staying there is our biggest factor.

I think every GM in the NFL knows we will be cutting him loose (I hope our GM knows this, LOL), why trade for him?

IMO he walks away, free agent.

Very well could but then he is a free agent and any team wanting his services and I imagine there might be one or two, will have to negotiate a new contract with him. After this season, there is a two year window were his contract is very appealing. 16 and 17 million with little or no dead cap if cut. Take Osweiler and his contract over those same two years is 19 and 21 million. Dead cap space is 34 million!

Not that I would want Osweiler to be our QB, but it could net a high pick for freeing them of his contract. Also they have a good if not great D when healthy and explosive offense if they had a decent QB.

I completely understand this thought and I was good with that with Hoyer at QB because at least we saw some development from younger players. I don't see that happening with Barkley behind center. I know you did want to see him play but I was not impressed with what i saw last night.

I don't think we should completely write off Barkley just yet. Assuming he starts next Monday night I'd rather see how he does with a little more than a week prep time in the starter role. Rather than being thrust into a prime time game at Lambeau. If he plays as poorly against Minnesota...in prime time...then maybe he's a lost cause.

As a side note; Fox did say in a recent interview that he's looking at signing another QB and didn't quite close the book on Jay...for this year. So there is that.