Alshon rumor

fudgeripple2000

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/10/alshon-je...s-to-this-club/

It's early, but worth talking about. The likelihood of Jeffrey being tagged again isn't high. Pace likes building through the draft. As it stands we are the third pick. Philly has two first rounders. Jefferey is healthy now. Are the bears willing to pay 14+ million/year for a receiver that has history of injuries. These are all decent reasons to consider it.

It's early, but worth talking about. The likelihood of Jeffrey being tagged again isn't high. Pace likes building through the draft. As it stands we are the third pick. Philly has two first rounders. Jefferey is healthy now. Are the bears willing to pay 14+ million/year for a receiver that has history of injuries. These are all decent reasons to consider it.

I would absolutely trade him now for a 1st round pick in the 2017 draft.

Peace :dabears

With the emergence of Meredith I'd make that trade but this will be a late first round pick. Jeffrey is hands down the better target for 50/50 balls but Meredith's route running makes him better at getting separation. Then there is Jeffrey's health where he's once again been struggling with hamstring issues. There's no reason to think that will get better as he gets older, or paid more money.

If we don't get a 1st round pick plus at least a 3rd rounder, I'm not making the deal and would wait until the off-season. Either I franchise him again and then think about moving him (at that point) or I sign him. Personally, I sign him to a big deal or trade him. He's worth the money (plus we kind of have a major talent need to dumping one of the few, relatively young, game changing players, seems like a not so great thing to do. Unless of course we get quite a few picks.

If White had developed, I'd have been more open, but if we trade Alshon, we have a huge void at receiver, so if we get a 1st rounder, we basically are going to use it on a wideout who most likely won't be near as good as Alshon (hopefully he is, but that doesn't exactly make us "better"). White going down / not producing was a big setback. IF we had White plus Meredith looking like he could be solid, I'd have a different perspective.

Plus, if we are drafting a QB, it is kind of nice to provide the QB with some nice weapons on the outside (say an Alshon).

Philly only has one first round pick from the Sam Bradford trade. They traded their pick to move up for Wentz last season. They would still trade that for Alshon I would assume.

I would be torn. The Bears are depleted of talent and do not look like world beaters making first round picks so far (too early to tell yet). So would the pick be as good or better than AJ? With Phillys pick looking like it will be a very late pick, I would also like more cmpensation as said earlier. A 1st and 3rd may sway Pace.

Philly only has one first round pick from the Sam Bradford trade. They traded their pick to move up for Wentz last season. They would still trade that for Alshon I would assume.

I would be torn. The Bears are depleted of talent and do not look like world beaters making first round picks so far (too early to tell yet). So would the pick be as good or better than AJ? With Phillys pick looking like it will be a very late pick, I would also like more cmpensation as said earlier. A 1st and 3rd may sway Pace.

I dont think we would get two picks and more likely a second rounder. His production, price tag and injury history isnt going to get us a first. I think he is worth it, but look what players have went for in the past, we wont be getting a first rounder.

I dont think we would get two picks and more likely a second rounder. His production, price tag and injury history isnt going to get us a first. I think he is worth it, but look what players have went for in the past, we wont be getting a first rounder.

The Bears would be better off tagging him again to be honest. Give them another year to prepare for life after him if they can only get a 2nd. Starting to see Philly and Tampa as teams maybe interested. AJ would love to go down to Tampa, warm weather.

And gives another year to hopefully see what White and Meredith can bring to the table...

The Bears would be better off tagging him again to be honest. Give them another year to prepare for life after him if they can only get a 2nd. Starting to see Philly and Tampa as teams maybe interested. AJ would love to go down to Tampa, warm weather.

This has come out as completely false. The problem with trading alshon is that no team can negotiate a new contract until after the season is over because of his tag. Additionally it was reported that expected price would be a midround pick. A pick the bears would most likely still get if they let him walk after the season in a compensatory pick. So there is no upside to trading Alshon at this junction, and a major downside for any team that might want to pick him up. They would have to over pay for a player that they may not be able to retain after the season is over.