Trubisky

AZ54

Things will continue to change but Trubisky has moved into the top ranked QB spot in this years draft on CBS.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/mitch-trub...ittsburgh-2016/

There is a lot to like about his game and there are some question marks. It's already clear there will be question marks about each of the top QB in this years draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...&school=All

Things will continue to change but Trubisky has moved into the top ranked QB spot in this years draft on CBS.

There is a lot to like about his game and there are some question marks. It's already clear there will be question marks about each of the top QB in this years draft.

The more options, the better. Wentz and Goff passed early draftnik favorites Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg, will have to see this one out. Still think Kizer has the right tools, but Ws mean a lot to me too.

I like the name...seems like he should be Chicago bound!

The more options, the better. Wentz and Goff passed early draftnik favorites Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg, will have to see this one out. Still think Kizer has the right tools, but Ws mean a lot to me too.

I really have a hard time drafting a guy that is on a ND team having a historically bad season by their standards (at least with a top 5 pick). When I look back at successful NFL QB's, very few came from teams who didn't have good records. That isn't to say good record is a pre-requisite, but QB is such a critical position that it should make up everything else, and for those teams that were so lousy, unfortunately, their QB likely has ingrained some very bad habits that can be tough to overcome (case in point, Jay Cutler).

I'm sure one exists, but who was the last above average QB who was drafted and largely played for a team with a lousy record in college?

On Trubisky, below is a good write-up from Greg Gabriel (yes that Greg Gabriel). As far as draft experts go, I personally think he's the best (mainly because he has so much history from doing it). He doesn't follow all the guys, but he still has tons of connections and an eye of someone who had a pretty good career (much better one then the typical "draftniks").

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/10/2...tching/axbg1x5/

On Trubisky, below is a good write-up from Greg Gabriel (yes that Greg Gabriel). As far as draft experts go, I personally think he's the best (mainly because he has so much history from doing it). He doesn't follow all the guys, but he still has tons of connections and an eye of someone who had a pretty good career (much better one then the typical "draftniks").

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/10/2...tching/axbg1x5/

I like a lot of Gregs information. He pointed out Deandre Hall to me and I was happy the Bears drafted him. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get back on the field. As for Trubisky, I have been hearing a lot of good things on him too. Haven't done too much research, but seems like a legit prospect. I think we will be talking about him often as the season gets dimmer.

I would not like Trubisky in the 1st. The Bears will likely have a top 5 pick, and I don't want a guy who has been under the radar. A QB considered for the top 5 picks should have been putting up good numbers and generating Heisman buzz. Trubisky has done neither. And the game against Virginia Tech is a huge, ugly, red flag.

As far as I'm concerned, the Bears should only have Garrett, Kizer, Watson,

I'm not sure how much stock can be put into any QB this early; especially from the so-called experts. Take into consideration that many speculated that the 2016 draft was going to be poor on QBs. Yet we have Prescott starting in Dallas, Wentz starting in Philadelphia and the overall #1 pick, Goff, still waiting to play. Prescott came from an extremely competitive SEC conference but wasn't drafted until the fourth round. Whereas you have Wentz who came from a D2 (Division I FCS - whatever that is) school in North Dakota State. Meanwhile, and as already pointed out the #1 overall pick, who came from California. (the same school Aaron Rodgers was drafted from back in 2005) continues to sit.

At best we might have a clearer picture on who our next QB should be probably closer to the draft for next year. In fact about the time of the combine is when I suspect we'll start hearing more solid reports on legitimate QB candidates. Now is way too early to be trying to figure that out.

I really have a hard time drafting a guy that is on a ND team having a historically bad season by their standards (at least with a top 5 pick). When I look back at successful NFL QB's, very few came from teams who didn't have good records. That isn't to say good record is a pre-requisite, but QB is such a critical position that it should make up everything else, and for those teams that were so lousy, unfortunately, their QB likely has ingrained some very bad habits that can be tough to overcome (case in point, Jay Cutler).

I'm sure one exists, but who was the last above average QB who was drafted and largely played for a team with a lousy record in college?

One thing about Kizer's situation with ND's bad record is that the record has more to do with bad D than bad offense. Keizer has played well, overall, and the offense puts up points they just can't hardly stop a nosebleed on defense. They fired their Defensive Coordinator during the season and one would think Kelly might be on the hot seat whether he'd admit it or not. It is still early to tell who we should target at QB this coming offseason.

One thing about Kizer's situation with ND's bad record is that the record has more to do with bad D than bad offense. Keizer has played well, overall, and the offense puts up points they just can't hardly stop a nosebleed on defense. They fired their Defensive Coordinator during the season and one would think Kelly might be on the hot seat whether he'd admit it or not. It is still early to tell who we should target at QB this coming offseason.

Their offense just got going, but they had two games where they really couldn't do much offensively at all.

Kelly is the idiot who after a game came out and said this is not a coaching problem. Then the next day he fired a coach. After that fiasco Kelly should have been terminated.