Bears at Giants Game Thread and Summary

adam

We had early 16-6 lead, 16-9 at half (amazing right?), then got shutout in 2nd half and lost 22-16 with multiple possessions to tie/win the game near the end. In those possessions, Cutler got sacked, strip-sacked, and threw game ending INT.

The defense played doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde all game long. One drive, look dominant and next drive, look completely lost.

The offense looked good in the first half and looked like a high school team in the 2nd half.

Sitton and Miller got hurt, and Floyd got hurt so bad he was carted off on a backboard with an apparent neck injury. So Floyd completes the Quad-fecta, and joins fellow 1st rounders (White, Fuller, and a Long) with injuries.

Mike Adams was worse than a tackling dummy (the kid's version with the sand at the bottom). He led to most of the pressure on Cutler.

Leno is not a starting tackle. He completely ignored Vernon on multiple plays (both run and pass) and almost got Cutler killed a few times.

Howard looked good in the first half, then grew stone hands in the 2nd, he had an eye injury that may have impacted his depth perception or something but he missed some very simple catches. 8 targets and 1 catch.

I think the Bears receivers dropped at least 7-8 catchable balls

Bellamy had a muffed punt bounce right to him and in good ol' Bears fashion missed it and the Giants recovered.

O'Donnell's kicking was actually a highlight for the team.

McPhee had a single tackle and was not visible all game.

I remember some of us wanted Landon Collins in the draft, and he is on fire this year, and ended up with the INT that ended the game.

Now more than ever, how did we pick Kwiatkoski, Bush, and Hall and not take a flyer with only one of those picks on Prescott?

I feel like the coaching staff and Pace will get a pass on this season due to all the injuries, but I am assuming Cutler/Loggains will be gone. It seems like Cutler's presence has basically muted the team's identity. There is no doubt he has the physical traits to be a good QB, but there is just something always missing from his game. Again, I see him ending up like Fitzpatrick and ultimately playing decent enough for teams to take some flyers on him.

What sucks is we are fighting for draft positions against some horrible teams. CLE would lose to themselves and should just forfeit the rest of their season. So we are going to draft at best 2nd and no worse than 5th (SF, JAX, NYJ). With those, I would take BPA, and then move into the back end of the 1st round and nab a QB (if we don't pick one first).

We had early 16-6 lead, 16-9 at half (amazing right?), then got shutout in 2nd half and lost 22-16 with multiple possessions to tie/win the game near the end. In those possessions, Cutler got sacked, strip-sacked, and threw game ending INT.

The defense played doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde all game long. One drive, look dominant and next drive, look completely lost.

The offense looked good in the first half and looked like a high school team in the 2nd half.

Sitton and Miller got hurt, and Floyd got hurt so bad he was carted off on a backboard with an apparent neck injury. So Floyd completes the Quad-fecta, and joins fellow 1st rounders (White, Fuller, and a Long) with injuries.

Mike Adams was worse than a tackling dummy (the kid's version with the sand at the bottom). He led to most of the pressure on Cutler.

Leno is not a starting tackle. He completely ignored Vernon on multiple plays (both run and pass) and almost got Cutler killed a few times.

Howard looked good in the first half, then grew stone hands in the 2nd, he had an eye injury that may have impacted his depth perception or something but he missed some very simple catches. 8 targets and 1 catch.

I think the Bears receivers dropped at least 7-8 catchable balls

Bellamy had a muffed punt bounce right to him and in good ol' Bears fashion missed it and the Giants recovered.

O'Donnell's kicking was actually a highlight for the team.

McPhee had a single tackle and was not visible all game.

I remember some of us wanted Landon Collins in the draft, and he is on fire this year, and ended up with the INT that ended the game.

Now more than ever, how did we pick Kwiatkoski, Bush, and Hall and not take a flyer with only one of those picks on Prescott?

I feel like the coaching staff and Pace will get a pass on this season due to all the injuries, but I am assuming Cutler/Loggains will be gone. It seems like Cutler's presence has basically muted the team's identity. There is no doubt he has the physical traits to be a good QB, but there is just something always missing from his game. Again, I see him ending up like Fitzpatrick and ultimately playing decent enough for teams to take some flyers on him.

What sucks is we are fighting for draft positions against some horrible teams. CLE would lose to themselves and should just forfeit the rest of their season. So we are going to draft at best 2nd and no worse than 5th (SF, JAX, NYJ). With those, I would take BPA, and then move into the back end of the 1st round and nab a QB (if we don't pick one first).

Agreed. The draft bothers me the most.