Interesting news

Connorbear

You know what, when I read about this guy I had to scratch my head.

I mean a 2nd round draft pick that a team obviously gave up on and traded him for a 7th round pick and then was cut by that team?

Yet, his stats, although they do not blow one away, do not look that bad.

52 NFL games with 37 starts, recording 132 tackles, seven interceptions, 16 pass breakups and two tackles-for-loss

Those are not league MVP stats, not pro bowl stats, but seem to me to be better than a young street FA.

Does anyone know why this guy seems to have fallen from grace with the teams he has been with?

I mean a 2nd round draft pick that a team obviously gave up on and traded him for a 7th round pick and then was cut by that team?

52 NFL games with 37 starts, recording 132 tackles, seven interceptions, 16 pass breakups and two tackles-for-loss

Those are not league MVP stats, not pro bowl stats, but seem to me to be better than a young street FA.

Does anyone know why this guy seems to have fallen from grace with the teams he has been with?

Why did so many teams give up on Brandon Marshall? Marcellus Bennett? Knowing he has the physical talent means and been dumped twice makes me think he won't be here for long either.

I have always been in favor of adding talented players to the roster, even those with personality and off the field issues. Only one question is necessary for me:

Can he play?

If the answer is yes, then I'm in favor. It's up to the coaches and fellow players to control the other stuff.

If all you pick are Boy Scouts, you never end up with the 85 Bears.

Doesn't sound like he's a trouble maker in the little bit of reading I did up on him. Got MRSA when he was a rookie and after going through 3 HCs in TB they traded him to Detroit. TB also added Verner and Hargreaves the last few years so he was being edges out by even better players. They say he didn't fit in Mike Smiths style of defense.

And it's anyone's guess why he didn't work out in Detroit. Schwartz isn't really known to coach choir boys.

From what it sound like he's more Fangios style of CB. Big and aggressive. I'm curious to see how he works out. not all that cool on Fuller anymore and Porters an old man.

In the reading I did he started off well in TB but his play slipped and he was inconsistent. Part of me wonders if part of that has to do with all the turnover that happened there. In Detroit I don't think he was ever really given a shot. The way I look at it is 1st off can get on the field and play. If so he's got 4 games to show Fangio what he's got. It's not like he can do worse than what we have. Fuller can't even stat on the damn field but considering his contract he's all but guaranteed to be back next yr so I give banks the shot to shine.