Bears at Lions

adam

Play good enough to win but refs do everything in their power to help us with higher draft pick. Last drive was crazy, multiple ticky tack hiding calls, then a no-call against DET for DPI and we lose by 3.

I will take it. Was rooting for Jax to beat Minny, but not happening. Would be nice to end up with the 2nd pick that way we get either Garrett or the QB of our choice.

Great game for our draft position and seeing the development of the younger players.

- Love what I am seeing from Barkley. He is at least the #2 next year and I'm glad he has 3 more games this season.

- Howard and Meredith continue to impress.

- I have not been impressed with Sitton. I am hoping he plays much better next year or I would not keep him for year 3.

- Dan Brown is our #2 TE going into next year.

It's just good to watch the young players get an opportunity to develop.

Peace :bringit

Play good enough to win but refs do everything in their power to help us with higher draft pick. Last drive was crazy, multiple ticky tack hiding calls, then a no-call against DET for DPI and we lose by 3.

Probably no surprise, but I thought all the calls except one were correct. There was one hold thrown by the female line judge that was a complete mystery. She's supposed to be watching a receiver, tight end, or back, depending on formation, but she threw it toward the line. It was a bad call. The non-call for DPI, regardless of the Bears' sideline reaction, was not enough for a foul. The WR was still able to jump and make a play on the ball.

The Bears lost because they were playing backups and third stringers who didn't make enough plays.

Probably no surprise, but I thought all the calls except one were correct. There was one hold thrown by the female line judge that was a complete mystery. She's supposed to be watching a receiver, tight end, or back, depending on formation, but she threw it toward the line. It was a bad call. The non-call for DPI, regardless of the Bears' sideline reaction, was not enough for a foul. The WR was still able to jump and make a play on the ball.

The Bears lost because they were playing backups and third stringers who didn't make enough plays.

Exactly.

Peace :dabears

Great game for our draft position and seeing the development of the younger players.

- Love what I am seeing from Barkley. He is at least the #2 next year and I'm glad he has 3 more games this season.

- I have not been impressed with Sitton. I am hoping he plays much better next year or I would not keep him for year 3.

I completely agree except, if we move on from Cutler, Barkley could well end up our starter and compete with a rookie. At this point I've seen enough of Barkley to know we can say goodbye to Hoyer. Bring back Barkley, Shaw, and a good rookie prospect (plus a camp arm).

Sutton only has dead money of $2mil next year. I agree he hasn't played that great but he also joined late and is in a totally different system. I'd give him a full offseason to get with the program and see what he's got next year. If the youth steps up in preseason and are better just cut him and save $4.5mil. I think Sitton will improve and we'll be solid across the interior Oline.

I do like Brown and coaching him through a full offseason program should only improve his performance. Having him and Miller on opposite sides will really stress a defense and opens up the playbook equally on running and passing plays.

It may not show in the record but Pace is finding talent that can play in this league. Top priorities this offseason are to sort out the QB situation and DBs.

Jets beat SF, so it is still CLE, SF, JAX, and us 4th with no other team with 3 wins. Jets and Rams have 4 wins so it looks like we can do no worse than 6th at this point and probably no better than 3rd.

Also, LA still plays SF, so one of those two teams is getting a win. At this point, I don't think SF will get two wins, so it won't help if they beat LA. But if LA wins, it gives us some insurance.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet we're drafting 4th.

Brown has made some nice catches. Like this guy. The nice thing about Sitton is, there will be pressure for him to play. Whitehair is supposedly a better guard and we will have Grasu back. Who knows if Grasu is anything, but he's still young and was athletic (pre-injury) so another guy who could push. Nice to have depth. We could definitely use an elite LT tackle (then again, so could most teams).

I completely agree except, if we move on from Cutler, Barkley could well end up our starter and compete with a rookie. At this point I've seen enough of Barkley to know we can say goodbye to Hoyer. Bring back Barkley, Shaw, and a good rookie prospect (plus a camp arm).

Sutton only has dead money of $2mil next year. I agree he hasn't played that great but he also joined late and is in a totally different system. I'd give him a full offseason to get with the program and see what he's got next year. If the youth steps up in preseason and are better just cut him and save $4.5mil. I think Sitton will improve and we'll be solid across the interior Oline.

I do like Brown and coaching him through a full offseason program should only improve his performance. Having him and Miller on opposite sides will really stress a defense and opens up the playbook equally on running and passing plays.

It may not show in the record but Pace is finding talent that can play in this league. Top priorities this offseason are to sort out the QB situation and DBs.

The hard part is, it is going to be really difficult to solve that QB situation.

I really like what I've seen from Barkley. He's only made a couple throws that are absolute head scratchers. And he completely outplayed Stafford. I'd love to see what Barkley could do with some real play makers out there. He's been putting us in a good position at end of games. We at least get into overtime this week if it wasn't for the 2 holding penalties. Especially that 1st one on Leno. That was so obvious he didn't even try to argue it. With sitton I agree he hasn't played well. I think it's a combination of joining the team late and he's been injured alot

I really like what I've seen from Barkley. He's only made a couple throws that are absolute head scratchers. And he completely outplayed Stafford. I'd love to see what Barkley could do with some real play makers out there. He's been putting us in a good position at end of games. We at least get into overtime this week if it wasn't for the 2 holding penalties. Especially that 1st one on Leno. That was so obvious he didn't even try to argue it. With sitton I agree he hasn't played well. I think it's a combination of joining the team late and he's been injured alot

I agree, we have to keep in mind all of the backups Barkley is throwing to....11 drops in one game? I think he has potential, he has pedigree and could be solid at least.