Walter Football latest Mock

adam

4. Chicago Bears: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

The Jay Cutler era will officially be over when the Bears select a quarterback in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft. You could argue that it's already over in the wake of Cutler's torn labrum. Either way, Chicago will be hunting for a new signal-caller, and if it can't land Tony Romo, it'll certainly consider DeShone Kizer at this juncture.

As mentioned earlier, some teams view Kizer as the top quarterback in this class, and they had him rated higher than Deshaun Watson and Brad Kaaya prior to those two struggling. They liked Kizer because of his arm strength, mobility and upside.

37. Chicago Bears: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

The Bears selected a quarterback in Round 1. Now, they'll have to protect him. Chicago's interior offensive line is great, but help is desperately needed at tackle.

68. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

Alshon Jeffery is an impending free agent. He has had trouble staying healthy, so it's hard to imagine the Bears giving him a long-term contract. Here's an insurance policy.

What do you think? I don't know about a WR that high with the needs in the secondary.

That draft would hurt me. Jonathan Allen goes one pick before the Bears in the 1st, Watson goes one pick before the Bears in the 2nd, then Kaaya goes one pick before the Bears in the third. If the draft played out in that order, I'd go:

1. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

2. Budda Baker, S, Washington

3. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

4. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova

4. Chad Kelly, QB, Mississippi

5. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

7. Josh Augusta, NT, Missouri

4. Chicago Bears: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

37. Chicago Bears: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

68. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

What do you think? I don't know about a WR that high with the needs in the secondary.

I agree with you. We can't ignore the secondary. We have been trying for so long now to just plug in late round picks since the mike brown days. Except for a Daniel Manning in the 2nd Rd. We must get a playmaker back there either in fa or the draft. We simply can't continue this method

That draft would hurt me. Jonathan Allen goes one pick before the Bears in the 1st, Watson goes one pick before the Bears in the 2nd, then Kaaya goes one pick before the Bears in the third. If the draft played out in that order, I'd go:

5. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Yep. I DO want a QB, but there is not a clear keeper out there this year. Get BPA, hopefully OT as 1st, then secondary and a QB 3rd or 4th. I'm thinking Barkley and Hoyer--if we keep him cheap-- will suffice, give the rock to Howard behind a solid OL and we can do it. But we do need help in the secondary. How long since we've had a stud there?

5. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

I like yours better, we need a Jason Football site.

5. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Robinson is not worth a top 10 pick let alone a top 5. I have yet seen a mock that had him in the top 10. reach reach reach but yes a need

Robinson is not worth a top 10 pick let alone a top 5. I have yet seen a mock that had him in the top 10. reach reach reach but yes a need

In stronger drafts, I might agree. But in a draft that appears to be fairly weak, particularly on the OL, I think the overwhelming #1 LT prospect in the draft is worthy of lofty ranking.