ILB Surplus

jason

So Freeman, Trevathan, and Kwiatkowski. What can be done?

Is our promising rookie going to be languishing on the bench next year? Merely rotational? I'd hate to see Kwiatkowski wasted now that he's shown so much potential.

It's a situation we have not had to deal with for a while.

Is our promising rookie going to be languishing on the bench next year? Merely rotational? I'd hate to see Kwiatkowski wasted now that he's shown so much potential.

I think you rotate all 3

Trevathan's injury (torn patellar) is very serious, he may be missing a portion of the season next year. That is one of the hardest injuries to recover from with a small return rate. Marc Columbo tore both and it took a couple years, V Cruz took longer than a year and Jimmy Graham about a year. I think we may need another young ILB as depth this offseason.

Trevathan's injury (torn patellar) is very serious, he may be missing a portion of the season next year. That is one of the hardest injuries to recover from with a small return rate. Marc Columbo tore both and it took a couple years, V Cruz took longer than a year and Jimmy Graham about a year. I think we may need another young ILB as depth this offseason.

We will have a lot of money next year so you keep all three and rotate them, then in another year, decide if Freeman remains.

Exactly. Timu, Anderson experiment has run it's course and we need a better 4th ILB on the roster.

Exactly. Timu, Anderson experiment has run it's course and we need a better 4th ILB on the roster.

I do not see a plethora of ILB's, unless Trevathan makes a miraculous recovery. Not sure why there is discussion of cutting one? Like you said, I think we have seen enough of Timu and Anderson and can use another young talent in the mix. After 2017, if the young guns look like starters, then you can look at saving cap by releasing Freeman.