Should we trade Kyle Fuller?

AZ54

When this comes out it's not a good sign.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/loud-cl...ry-sours-bears/

What do we do with Fuller this offseason? We need CBs so I'm not willing to just cut him loose. He has a career and another contract to work for so I'd certainly put him in the mix next year. Between now and then I'd definitely float his name out there to other teams this offseason.

When this comes out it's not a good sign.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/loud-cl...ry-sours-bears/

What do we do with Fuller this offseason? We need CBs so I'm not willing to just cut him loose. He has a career and another contract to work for so I'd certainly put him in the mix next year. Between now and then I'd definitely float his name out there to other teams this offseason.

May have to try and trade him. Sucks bc we probably only get a conditional 6-7 rd pick. Wonder with him being a NFL family guy if he is getting lousy advice from family members? The guy seems to be holding out or maybe he really isnt healthy.

After seeing what LeBlanc and Callahan have done as lower level prospects, Fuller has been another huge bust. Just cut him and be done with it.

While I tend to agree, I think three is some psychological warfare going on. The organization is usually tight lipped. This public scolding makes me think they are trying to get him to man up.

While I tend to agree, I think three is some psychological warfare going on. The organization is usually tight lipped. This public scolding makes me think they are trying to get him to man up.

Sure, they might be, but the entire story is perplexing. These are his most recent comments:

"I guess I've got to listen to my body. I'm not quite there yet. I still have pain in my knee. I just have to get that right and I'll be good to go."

"I just listen to my body. It tells me what I can and can't do. Right now I can't go out there and play. That's the bottom line, I guess."

This was a "clean-up" procedure done in August. Some guys come back from this in a few weeks. Here is the original story from August:

Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Wednesday, a clean-up procedure to address an injury that had hampered him throughout the summer and into training camp. Coach John Fox announced the procedure after the Bears’ 23-22 loss to the Patriots on Thursday night.

Fox isn’t setting a timetable for Fuller’s return. And the setback could keep the young defensive back on the shelf for the team’s Sept. 11 regular season opener in Houston and potentially beyond. Internally, the Bears are optimistic the cornerback’s recovery won’t drag out and that he should be in line to return to practice within a few weeks.

If you read that, it says the team was optimistic that the recovery "won't drag out", and a month later he goes on IR? So it seems like they were already concerned about an extended recovery.

From September:

What is puzzling is Fuller went for arthroscopic knee surgery after the preseason opener Aug. 11. The Bears didn't know what was wrong with him. After the surgery, word was it was a best-case scenario and he'd be back in action soon. Fuller began practicing on a limited basis the week of the opener and just last Thursday Fox said, "He's ahead of where he was pre-surgery. I don't know that he's all the way back yet, but I do see improvement. He's doing more and more reps with the defense."

Fast forward five days and Fuller went to injured reserve, which means he is excluded from practicing for a minimum of six weeks. It's perplexing and leads you to wonder if there is a disconnect between Fuller and the team. Fox was out ill Wednesday so he wasn't around to deflect questions on the matter.

So since the original surgery, he has been recovering from a scope for 4 months. So either the surgery didn't work, or he is milking it.