One offseason direction the Bears can go.

ASHKUM BEAR

If the Bears want to turn the corner, they need to start a path and go with it. Without a QB they are only making circles. They should hire Mike McCoy to be the OC if he does get fired, re-sign AJ long term and draft offense. On Defense, they have some pieces and are respectable but can use a DE, CB, and S to take that step into top 10 talk. Sign the top dogs as a year or two patch like Calais Campbell DE, Eric Berry FS, and Trumaine Johnson CB. If there is still money, maybe make a run at Mevin Engram OLB also. Hoyer may make a decent veteran bridge QB so you have some experience there also.

draft:

1. Deshone Kizer QB -has the size, athleticism, iq, and arm. If he had the same WR/oline as last year he would be a #1 prospect.

2. OJ Howard TE- top te who can block and stretch the field. Seems like a good tool to give a young QB to develop with.

3. Chad Wheeler OT- Great movement and nasty attitude. Keep building that oline

4. Cooper Kupp WR- good size with great hands, would make a nice safety blanket

4. Ryan Switzer WR-slot wr that can take on return duties also

5. RB that is a change of pace but also big enough to be durable and block

If they get behind RB Howard and get off the bus running while the offense grows and the D is a strong point they may be an 8-8 or 9-7 team. Next draft invest heavy in D to fill in for the aging vets like Campbell, Freeman, and Berry and let them learn behind them one year. Who knows, if the team stays healthy and adds the right pieces can even be playoff worthy. I know not everyone is on board going QB this high but I think long term it can work out.

If the Bears want to turn the corner, they need to start a path and go with it. Without a QB they are only making circles. They should hire Mike McCoy to be the OC if he does get fired, re-sign AJ long term and draft offense. On Defense, they have some pieces and are respectable but can use a DE, CB, and S to take that step into top 10 talk. Sign the top dogs as a year or two patch like Calais Campbell DE, Eric Berry FS, and Trumaine Johnson CB. If there is still money, maybe make a run at Mevin Engram OLB also. Hoyer may make a decent veteran bridge QB so you have some experience there also.

draft:

1. Deshone Kizer QB -has the size, athleticism, iq, and arm. If he had the same WR/oline as last year he would be a #1 prospect.

2. OJ Howard TE- top te who can block and stretch the field. Seems like a good tool to give a young QB to develop with.

If they get behind RB Howard and get off the bus running while the offense grows and the D is a strong point they may be an 8-8 or 9-7 team. Next draft invest heavy in D to fill in for the aging vets like Campbell, Freeman, and Berry and let them learn behind them one year. Who knows, if the team stays healthy and adds the right pieces can even be playoff worthy. I know not everyone is on board going QB this high but I think long term it can work out.

Some good points but no way were buying Campbell, Berry and Johnson. I see one from those names. Berry and Johnson are getting lots of money that we have but will not buy both. If we get one were doing good. O.J. Howard will not make it out of the first round. If we are desperate for a QB, I guess we could use the first round to pick him but I think the top 3 are lower first round quality that will be over drafted. I think take the BPA at one and grab a prospect in the next few rounds if they find one they like. We have to get at least one high draft pick with Safety and hopefully grab Johnson in FAgency.

draft:

That wouldn't be my ideal draft, but I'd be fairly excited about that draft. I'd rather see Rd2 OT and Rd3 TE.

draft:

My take on direction of the Bears. I accept Fox for stability but do not like all that he does. Motivates players but game day weaknesses. i agree McCoy would be a step up but still remains a question as to his availability to be a OC.

I agree we need to add some better FAs and we have money.

First we should resign Jeffery, no reason to let a talented player leave when we have the money to practically do what ever we want.

I think we will spend money on one expensive FA. I would prefer someone in the backside of the defense our biggest weakness. We need a playmaker so Berry, T. Johnson some others to consider are A.J bouye/CB/Houston- Tony Jefferson/S/Ari-Gilmore/CB/Buf. All upgrades to our team.

I think then we add middle valve players like last year as Hicks, Freeman,Travthen.

Some names to consider to upgrade:

As I mentioned in the back of the defense----Gilmore,Jefferson,Bouye are players in this category

Campbell/DE his age will make him less expensive

Ingram( as you have mentioned)

K.Short/DT ( he may command to much money, but he can play inside or outside and is a play maker)

D. Poe/DT ( he would be a ungrade but may be to expensive)

T. Pryor/WR ( if we dont resign Ashton)

I think Massie has improved his game enough to not make RT a big as a need.

We need to upgrade the LT position and the draft is weak. Riley Rieff and Matt Kahil are available but not exactly the top of the food chain but could be a upgrade.

I think at TE Brown, Baunecker, and will Miller back could be enough but may still need to draft a TE prospect, a strong draft for that position.

The QB spot the sensitive spot. Cutler still may be our best option at QB but probably we just need to move on and start fresh.

FAgency options at QB are slim: Maybe grab Glennon/TB or trade for Jimmy Garoppolo ( I think our best option)

The draft can bring us one of three top prospects for the third pick, but I think for that spot they would be over drafted, but it they deem one to be a franchise QB, they should take him.

Otherwise find a QB they like that would go in the 3rd or 4th round and try to develop him while Hoyer, Barkley and Shaw hold down the fort or emerge as a starring caliber option going forward.

Lets say we get Trumain Johnson, Tony Jefferson, and K. Short in FAgency

then draft:

I would say draft Allen or Garret if there otherwise try to trade back ( in this senario) with Cleveland that grabs Garret and then trades up for QB.

we get 10- 2nd round and 3rd round picks this year.

1-10 Cam Robinson/LT

2-1 Malik Hooker/FS

2-2 Bucky Hodges/TE

3-1 Brad Kayaa/QB

3-2 Kevin King/CB

4-1 Isiah Rocnell/DE

4-2 Derek Rivers/OLB

I leave it there for now.

My take on direction of the Bears. I accept Fox for stability but do not like all that he does. Motivates players but game day weaknesses. i agree McCoy would be a step up but still remains a question as to his availability to be a OC.

I agree we need to add some better FAs and we have money.

First we should resign Jeffery, no reason to let a talented player leave when we have the money to practically do what ever we want.

I think we will spend money on one expensive FA. I would prefer someone in the backside of the defense our biggest weakness. We need a playmaker so Berry, T. Johnson some others to consider are A.J bouye/CB/Houston- Tony Jefferson/S/Ari-Gilmore/CB/Buf. All upgrades to our team.

I think then we add middle valve players like last year as Hicks, Freeman,Travthen.

Some names to consider to upgrade:

As I mentioned in the back of the defense----Gilmore,Jefferson,Bouye are players in this category

Campbell/DE his age will make him less expensive

Ingram( as you have mentioned)

K.Short/DT ( he may command to much money, but he can play inside or outside and is a play maker)

D. Poe/DT ( he would be a ungrade but may be to expensive)

T. Pryor/WR ( if we dont resign Ashton)

I think Massie has improved his game enough to not make RT a big as a need.

We need to upgrade the LT position and the draft is weak. Riley Rieff and Matt Kahil are available but not exactly the top of the food chain but could be a upgrade.

I think at TE Brown, Baunecker, and will Miller back could be enough but may still need to draft a TE prospect, a strong draft for that position.

The QB spot the sensitive spot. Cutler still may be our best option at QB but probably we just need to move on and start fresh.

FAgency options at QB are slim: Maybe grab Glennon/TB or trade for Jimmy Garoppolo ( I think our best option)

The draft can bring us one of three top prospects for the third pick, but I think for that spot they would be over drafted, but it they deem one to be a franchise QB, they should take him.

Otherwise find a QB they like that would go in the 3rd or 4th round and try to develop him while Hoyer, Barkley and Shaw hold down the fort or emerge as a starring caliber option going forward.

Lets say we get Trumain Johnson, Tony Jefferson, and K. Short in FAgency

then draft:

I would say draft Allen or Garret if there otherwise try to trade back ( in this senario) with Cleveland that grabs Garret and then trades up for QB.

we get 10- 2nd round and 3rd round picks this year.

1-10 Cam Robinson/LT

2-1 Malik Hooker/FS

2-2 Bucky Hodges/TE

3-1 Brad Kayaa/QB

3-2 Kevin King/CB

4-1 Isiah Rocnell/DE

4-2 Derek Rivers/OLB

I leave it there for now.

I could go with Jefferson at SS and Johnson CB. Short at 5T would be sweet as Bullard comes along.

Trading down would be great, Robinson is a for sure top 15 talent, scouts are not sure if he projects better on the RT though in some reports but start him off at LT. Hooker just declared today, thought he might stay another year. He may be a top 15 pick also, would be a great in the 2nd. I am not big on Hodges as a 2nd RD pick, he lacks blocking and is more of a WR. He reminds me of Funchess that Carolina took. He would make a nice red zone target, so depends on if other TEs are available. I would think Leggett or Engram may be around at the top of the 3rd. Kaaya in the 3rd is fine, he was the early on top qb prospect. His inconsistancy under pressure hurts him, but is great with protection. With better coaching, he may be able to fix his issues.

The Bears will obviously plug some of there biggest holes before the draft, which will give them freedom to take some talent we may not key in on. Hopefully Pace can repeat his 2016 class.

I could go with Jefferson at SS and Johnson CB. Short at 5T would be sweet as Bullard comes along.

Trading down would be great, Robinson is a for sure top 15 talent, scouts are not sure if he projects better on the RT though in some reports but start him off at LT. Hooker just declared today, thought he might stay another year. He may be a top 15 pick also, would be a great in the 2nd. I am not big on Hodges as a 2nd RD pick, he lacks blocking and is more of a WR. He reminds me of Funchess that Carolina took. He would make a nice red zone target, so depends on if other TEs are available. I would think Leggett or Engram may be around at the top of the 3rd. Kaaya in the 3rd is fine, he was the early on top qb prospect. His inconsistancy under pressure hurts him, but is great with protection. With better coaching, he may be able to fix his issues.

The Bears will obviously plug some of there biggest holes before the draft, which will give them freedom to take some talent we may not key in on. Hopefully Pace can repeat his 2016 class.

If Pace can get the same production or better from the 2017 class like he did from the 2016 class we are well on our away to getting back to respectability awful quickly.