Prospect Rankings Changing

AZ54

New Years Even update have a lot of changes among the top 10 draft eligible players. As always I prefer CBS/NFLDdraftscout.com rankings and player profiles.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Notable changes have Jonathan Allen at #1 overall ahead of Garrett.

Jabrill Peppers at #3

Dalvin Cook RB #4

Cam Robinson OT #5

most surprisingly Deshaun Watson QB at #6 overall

Fournette has dropped to 9th on the list but having 2 RB among the top 10 players, if it holds, will be interesting on draft day.

I'm not interested in Watson but I certainly hope some other team is, especially in the top 5. Seeing one LT in the top 10 means he'll be a target worthy of a trade up for teams with a need.

New Years Even update have a lot of changes among the top 10 draft eligible players. As always I prefer CBS/NFLDdraftscout.com rankings and player profiles.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Notable changes have Jonathan Allen at #1 overall ahead of Garrett.

Jabrill Peppers at #3

Dalvin Cook RB #4

Cam Robinson OT #5

most surprisingly Deshaun Watson QB at #6 overall

Fournette has dropped to 9th on the list but having 2 RB among the top 10 players, if it holds, will be interesting on draft day.

I'm not interested in Watson but I certainly hope some other team is, especially in the top 5. Seeing one LT in the top 10 means he'll be a target worthy of a trade up for teams with a need.

With Cleveland and SF in front with both QB needs plus, Houston,Denver,Buffalo, Jets,all could try to trade up to get one, we are sitting pretty to get Garrett or Allen my preferred choice.

After seeing how Trubisky and Watson played in the bowl games, I am no longer high on them. I never thought Kizer was worth the 3rd overall pick.

I really like Allen and Garrett and based on the needs in front of us, we will have the opportunity to grab Allen or Garrett, which would be awesome. I am good with either of those players at #3 over any of the QBs at this point. My only concern was Garrett was a ghost in the Bowl game he played in (1 tackle). I think he was playing not to get injured.

After seeing how Trubisky and Watson played in the bowl games, I am no longer high on them. I never thought Kizer was worth the 3rd overall pick.

I really like Allen and Garrett and based on the needs in front of us, we will have the opportunity to grab Allen or Garrett, which would be awesome. I am good with either of those players at #3 over any of the QBs at this point. My only concern was Garrett was a ghost in the Bowl game he played in (1 tackle). I think he was playing not to get injured.

That doesn't surprise me any more. I think we are seeing the beginning of many players either taking it easy in the bowl game or sitting out all together ala Fournette and McCaffrey. It seems like most of us are in an agreement with taking either Allen or Garrett.

It would be a poor decision, in my opinion, to grab anyone except Garrett or Allen. Either would be transformative for this defense.

The only other choice that makes sense at #3 is a trade down.

I agree Allen and Garrett are the top prizes to be had, good chance one slips.

Cleveland is in a great place to get some top prospects and turn there franchise around. They will not take QB at #1 and have been linked to Garrett already. I do not see them trading up either with the 2nd 1st. They will stand pat and take one if they like there or ship that with a 4th to NE for Garapolo.

San Fran is in a complete tear down and rebuild, some how, they have an abundance of picks again. The new GM will have QB high on his board, but will he pass on Allen? If they look to trade down, it may be to a team that would have a QB and wanting Allen.

That leaves either Allen, the QB of choice, or hopefully a trade down. We may not be excited about the QB class, but come April they will be hot commodities. QBs always rise on draft boards and for a good reason.

It would be a poor decision, in my opinion, to grab anyone except Garrett or Allen. Either would be transformative for this defense.

The only other choice that makes sense at #3 is a trade down.

I would say the odds of one being there is about 90% (either SF or CLE taking a QB), and about a 40% chance that both are there at #3 (SF and CLE taking QBs).

I would say the odds of one being there is about 90% (either SF or CLE taking a QB), and about a 40% chance that both are there at #3 (SF and CLE taking QBs).

I agree one QB has a chance to go, but look at this board and it seems most are against the Bears taking QB with the #3 pick. If that is the case, why would Cle or SF jump on a QB ahead of us? The Bears main focus point should be finding a long term solution at QB. The only way I see them not taking one at 3 is if Allen or Garrett are available.

I agree one QB has a chance to go, but look at this board and it seems most are against the Bears taking QB with the #3 pick. If that is the case, why would Cle or SF jump on a QB ahead of us? The Bears main focus point should be finding a long term solution at QB. The only way I see them not taking one at 3 is if Allen or Garrett are available.

I would say because both of those teams are worse off than us. CLE's biggest problem has been QB forever, and SF just fired Chip Kelly and is obviously going in a different direction, so I don't think they stick with Kneelpernick. Either way, I think that all 3 of us (and probably the Jets too) will all have a QB in their top 3 or 4. The odds point to at least one going in the top 2 with us having a option to go for the 2nd QB or 2nd positional player, 1st QB or 3rd positional player, or 1st positional player or 3rd QB.

I would say because both of those teams are worse off than us. CLE's biggest problem has been QB forever, and SF just fired Chip Kelly and is obviously going in a different direction, so I don't think they stick with Kneelpernick. Either way, I think that all 3 of us (and probably the Jets too) will all have a QB in their top 3 or 4. The odds point to at least one going in the top 2 with us having a option to go for the 2nd QB or 2nd positional player, 1st QB or 3rd positional player, or 1st positional player or 3rd QB.

It will be interesting come draft day. Having that QB need sucks because you can really add some great talent if you didn't have that glaring hole. If only Cutler could have matured his game to know what it takes to win.