POLL: What should Bears do at #3

adam

Assuming any player is available at #3, who should Bears pick?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bears pick at #3?

• Mitch Trubisky, QB
    • Deshaun Watson, QB
    • DeShone Kizer, QB
    • Jonathan Allen, DE
    • Myles Garrett, DE
    • Jabrill Peppers, LB
    • Cam Robinson, OT
    • Marlon Humphrey, CB
    • Teez Tabor, CB
    • Trade Down

Just going off of the stats I see on Fox Sports QB Josh Allen, Wyoming:

1 Full year as starter,

56% Completion Rating

28 TD / 15 INT / 8 FUM

Sacked 26 times for -189 yds

Never seen him play, stats can be deceiving, but the stat line I noted above does not look good.

26 sacks? Could be a contributing factor, sounds like he didn't have much protection from his OL.

I chose Garrett, but he won't be available. If he is, it would be insane to pass on him. Even if Allen is available.

If Cleveland and SF both go QB, he will be there. With Chip Kelly fired in SF, the new coach may want a new QB, so QB going 1-2 is very likely.

Bears take Allen?

Matt Miller who does interesting work today released his new mock draft and has the Bears taking QB Josh Allen. I don't think he declared for the draft yet, a really don't know much on him.

Matt Miller? Bleacher Report? Really? There are guys on this board that I trust more than someone like that. There is no way in hell Josh Allen goes in the first 4 rounds of the draft. He started one season (hasn't even declared yet), played inferior talent, barely had a winning record for Wyoming, and lost his last 2 games with 5 TD and 4 INTs. Against Nebraska he threw 5 INTs. I wouldn't draft this guy in any round.

Bears take Allen?

Matt Miller who does interesting work today released his new mock draft and has the Bears taking QB Josh Allen. I don't think he declared for the draft yet, a really don't know much on him.

Interesting work? thats extremely generous to say the least. I don't know anything about this guy but his stats look very bad. In my opinion if a QB in a 2nd or 3rd tier school can't dominate his competition I want no part of him. and a completion percentage that low is very ugly. Based on stats he'd never hack it in the NFL. May I ask what round Miller has the Bears taking him? Who else does he have us taking?

Interesting work? thats extremely generous to say the least. I don't know anything about this guy but his stats look very bad. In my opinion if a QB in a 2nd or 3rd tier school can't dominate his competition I want no part of him. and a completion percentage that low is very ugly. Based on stats he'd never hack it in the NFL. May I ask what round Miller has the Bears taking him? Who else does he have us taking?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26838...son-projections

Matt Miller does pretty good work. He writes for bleacher report, is on the score once in a while and I follow his twitter. I am not sold on Josh Allen, but he says he is raw, has the tools to develop. He has Watson going to Buffalo and Kizer to Cleveland at 12. At #3, I would prefer to take Jon Allen DL, but understand the QB logic.

1-Josh Allen QB

2-Sydney Jones CB

3-JJ Shuster WR

4-Cole Hikutini TE

4-Jake Replogle DL

5-Jordan Willis OLB

7-Cole Croston OT

Trubisky is still my pick. I saw nothing from Jonathan Allen in his last game to make me think he's a guy who will command double teams in the NFL. Alabama's need to blitz when they have two top 20 NFL draft picks in your front 4 is worrisome. That's backed up by another top 20 player in Foster ILB, and on the outside CB Humphrey. Not gonna fault the coaches for the calls since they had to win the game and Washington had no answers for the blitzes they threw at them.

I was expecting to see something more in line with what I saw from the Clemson DTs: Guys breaking through double teams to blow up plays all game long. He did a great job sniffing out the one screen play other than that he looked like an average good DE. I'm not saying he's a bad player but for the #1 or #2 overall pick in the draft I expected a lot more.

Trubisky didn't play well either in his last game but QB is still a far higher need position in the NFL.

Matt Miller does pretty good work. He writes for bleacher report, is on the score once in a while and I follow his twitter. I am not sold on Josh Allen, but he says he is raw, has the tools to develop. He has Watson going to Buffalo and Kizer to Cleveland at 12. At #3, I would prefer to take Jon Allen DL, but understand the QB logic.

1-Josh Allen QB

2-Sydney Jones CB

3-JJ Shuster WR

4-Cole Hikutini TE

4-Jake Replogle DL

5-Jordan Willis OLB

7-Cole Croston OT

Wow is all I can say after reading that. He admits Josh Allen isn't ready to play but has him going 3rd just because hes raw? He thinks Pace's best move is to start Barkley all year and draft Allen for 2018? So let me get this straight, in today's NFL when GM's need to hit with there top picks. Does anyone think Virginia and company will give Pace a 4th yr if 2017 isn't a drastic improvement? If we go Barkley for the entire year do you really think we will see a drastic improvement to allow Pace to see 2018? This is also the 1st time I've ever even heard his name and somehow Pace is going to make a drastic mega leap and take him ahead of all the other QB's except for Trubisky?

IMO Pace can't be thinking to 2018 for the 1st time we see our 2017 1st round pick see the field otherwise its a very good bet that he never sees 2018. Remember Pace is still heavily criticized because White, his #1 pick he made as our GM has barely even had a cup of coffee to this point because he hasn't been able to be on the field. Pace did well with the individuals he drafted in 2016, but to this point nothing has equated to wins. And at the end of the day everything comes down to wins and loses. Also IMO we need draft some one with that 1st pick who can step in and begin day 1 not year 2.

Wow is all I can say after reading that. He admits Josh Allen isn't ready to play but has him going 3rd just because hes raw? He thinks Pace's best move is to start Barkley all year and draft Allen for 2018? So let me get this straight, in today's NFL when GM's need to hit with there top picks. Does anyone think Virginia and company will give Pace a 4th yr if 2017 isn't a drastic improvement? If we go Barkley for the entire year do you really think we will see a drastic improvement to allow Pace to see 2018? This is also the 1st time I've ever even heard his name and somehow Pace is going to make a drastic mega leap and take him ahead of all the other QB's except for Trubisky?

IMO Pace can't be thinking to 2018 for the 1st time we see our 2017 1st round pick see the field otherwise its a very good bet that he never sees 2018. Remember Pace is still heavily criticized because White, his #1 pick he made as our GM has barely even had a cup of coffee to this point because he hasn't been able to be on the field. Pace did well with the individuals he drafted in 2016, but to this point nothing has equated to wins. And at the end of the day everything comes down to wins and loses. Also IMO we need draft some one with that 1st pick who can step in and begin day 1 not year 2.

Barkely might be our only option. Hate to see it, but it will either be him or Hoyer. Cutler is a slim possibility, but I think his door is closed here. It is ok to take a QB in the first and start him off holding the clip board and hopefully at some point get him under center before seasons end. The draft shouldn't be about day one starters, but about starters long term. QBs rarely are NFL ready and the way college football is now played it is harder to find one. They have to select a QB between picks 3-36, they are up against the wall. As for Joe Allen QB, I am sure by the next mock draft version it will be someone different, he is throwing a name out there and seeing what sticks.

Barkely might be our only option. Hate to see it, but it will either be him or Hoyer. Cutler is a slim possibility, but I think his door is closed here. It is ok to take a QB in the first and start him off holding the clip board and hopefully at some point get him under center before seasons end. The draft shouldn't be about day one starters, but about starters long term. QBs rarely are NFL ready and the way college football is now played it is harder to find one. They have to select a QB between picks 3-36, they are up against the wall. As for Joe Allen QB, I am sure by the next mock draft version it will be someone different, he is throwing a name out there and seeing what sticks.

I'm not saying it is horrible if the 1st rd QB starts off by holding a clip board. But what I am doing is looking at from Pace's shoes. He's had 2 straight bad seasons including this past year was one of the worst in the franchise history. I would have to know if 2017 isn't a drastic change for the better than most likely I'm not around to see 2018. So if I'm looking at that from that perspective I am looking at getting someone in the draft that can help from day 1. From a fans perspective it would be great to draft a QB let him sit for a year and learn from someone on how to properly read a defense and be a professional. But lets also be honest How many 1st round QB's sit the 1st year any more. I agree with your sentiment that they are rushed into being the starter from day 1. Part of that is because owners want to see results right away. So my overall point I guess is that as much as Allen might be a great pick Pace can't afford to take him with that #3 pick. Maybe what would be best is taking 1 of the DE's with that #3 pick and then taking allen in the 3rd. Honestly I don't know if he lasts that long but who knows I guess.

I'm not saying it is horrible if the 1st rd QB starts off by holding a clip board. But what I am doing is looking at from Pace's shoes. He's had 2 straight bad seasons including this past year was one of the worst in the franchise history. I would have to know if 2017 isn't a drastic change for the better than most likely I'm not around to see 2018. So if I'm look. . ing at that from that perspective I am looking at getting someone in the draft that can help from day 1. From a fans perspective it would be great to draft a QB let him sit for a year and learn from someone on how to properly read a defense and be a professional. But lets also be honest How many 1st round QB's sit the 1st year any more. I agree with your sentiment that they are rushed into being the starter from day 1. Part of that is because owners want to see results right away. So my overall point I guess is that as much as Allen might be a great pick Pace can't afford to take him with that #3 pick. Maybe what would be best is taking 1 of the DE's with that #3 pick and then taking allen in the 3rd. Honestly I don't know if he lasts that long but who knows I guess.

I think Pace is safe. Fox on the other hand will be on the hot seat next year unless there is improvement. Pace was given a 5 year deal and Fox a 4, which indicates he will be given another coaching hire if Fox fails. The Bears are not too far off as competitive as they been with a 3-13 record. They played most of the season with backups and had chances to win alot of the games. I really don't see this Joe Allen getting picked round 1 to be honest. More likely it will be Trubisky/Kizer if they do go QB. I would be fine going D (Garrett/Jon Allen) RD 1 and QB RD 2 also.

I'm not saying it is horrible if the 1st rd QB starts off by holding a clip board. But what I am doing is looking at from Pace's shoes. He's had 2 straight bad seasons including this past year was one of the worst in the franchise history. I would have to know if 2017 isn't a drastic change for the better than most likely I'm not around to see 2018. So if I'm looking at that from that perspective I am looking at getting someone in the draft that can help from day 1. From a fans perspective it would be great to draft a QB let him sit for a year and learn from someone on how to properly read a defense and be a professional. But lets also be honest How many 1st round QB's sit the 1st year any more. I agree with your sentiment that they are rushed into being the starter from day 1. Part of that is because owners want to see results right away. So my overall point I guess is that as much as Allen might be a great pick Pace can't afford to take him with that #3 pick. Maybe what would be best is taking 1 of the DE's with that #3 pick and then taking allen in the 3rd. Honestly I don't know if he lasts that long but who knows I guess.

If Pace wants a QB in the 1st, I guarantee he clears the clip board time with his uppers before he puts his ass on the line. That would give him his 4th year.

If Pace wants a QB in the 1st, I guarantee he clears the clip board time with his uppers before he puts his ass on the line. That would give him his 4th year.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index...acks_picke.html

He might want to double dip on the position to better the odds. This article puts perspective on those odds to succeed picking the right guy. I forgot Cade NcNown only made 15 starts. One way or the other, they need to draft a long term solution and hopefully theentire organization is on board to do this correctly.

Matt Miller? Bleacher Report? Really? There are guys on this board that I trust more than someone like that. There is no way in hell Josh Allen goes in the first 4 rounds of the draft. He started one season (hasn't even declared yet), played inferior talent, barely had a winning record for Wyoming, and lost his last 2 games with 5 TD and 4 INTs. Against Nebraska he threw 5 INTs. I wouldn't draft this guy in any round.

Actually Miller is good at what he does evaluating players , hes just throwing a bone out there. First of all the guy has said he is not coming out, secondly, he has all the measurable s but needs more experience.

1-Josh Allen QB

2-Sydney Jones CB

3-JJ Shuster WR

4-Cole Hikutini TE

4-Jake Replogle DL

5-Jordan Willis OLB

7-Cole Croston OT

That's the worst mock I've ever seen.

we like mocks that follow our line of thinking, truth is, 95% of mocks are wrong

I do not think I seen one mock last year that had us taking Floyd.

I agree, mock drafts are entertaining but seldom accurate.

However, I will disagree in that I recall a lot of mock drafts last year having us select Floyd.

I did a quick "Google" and the first one I brought up had 4 of 8 from NFL.com predicting Floyd as our pick.

NFL.com 2016 Mock Draft

we like mocks that follow our line of thinking, truth is, 95% of mocks are wrong

I do not think I seen one mock last year that had us taking Floyd.

True, most mocks are wrong. But his is more wrong than any other.

There is no way in hell a dude who only played one year and put up average stats at freaking Wyoming is going #3. If Allen is the name called at #3, it's going to be Jonathan Allen, not Josh Allen.

Also, Marlon Humphrey (CB, Alabama) going mid 2nd?

Finally, it doesn't take a great memory to recall that many had Floyd going to the Bears. It was almost too obvious considering all the build-up. Many hear talked about it for weeks, if not months.

FWIW

I specifically remembered a thread I started called "Searching for Von Miller," where Floyd was the guy who most resembled Von Miller, who the Bears were rumored to be going after. Add in the fact that Fox made Miller his first pick in 2011, and it wasn't hard to see that Leonard Floyd was likely. Hell, we even discussed Kiper's mock saying the Bears were going with Floyd.

FWIW I specifically remembered a thread I started called "Searching for Von Miller," where Floyd was the guy who most resembled Von Miller, who the Bears were rumored to be going after. Add in the fact that Fox made Miller his first pick in 2011, and it wasn't hard to see that Leonard Floyd was likely. Hell, we even discussed Kiper's mock saying the Bears were going with Floyd.

Funniest part about this, Matt Miller was one of the first to project Leonard Floyd to the Bears in January 2016. Most other mocks had him anywhere from pick 20 to the 2nd round. Floyd wasn't on anyones radars until after the combine because of his measurables, not because of his production.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604402...jection/page/12

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/20...quon-treadwell/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/...zierlein/275603

If I had to choose out of those guys, I would go Jonathan Allen or Myles Garrett because they are the only two players there I see as worth the #3 pick, but I voted "trade down" because I would prefer to take a top safety, (Hooker or Adams) and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick.