2017 Bold or Daring draft predictions

ASHKUM BEAR

I just played out a fanspeak mock along with the cap management simulation.

Cut: Jay Cutler QB, Lamar Houston, Eddie Royal

Re-signed: Alshon Jeffery, Brian Hoyer, Cornelius Washington, Sam Acho

FA Acquisitions: Eric Berry FS, Calais Campbell DE, Melvin Engram OLB, Dee Millner CB, Markus Wheaton WR

the FA acquisitions were who fanspeak had available. Short DL, Gilmore CB, Bouye CB were re-signed or tagged by there team. Pryor WR would cost as much as Jeffery so I passed.

Draft: using Matt Millers updated board

1. Deshaun Watson QB (Garrett 1st, Fournette 2nd, Jamal Adams went 4th, Jon Allen 5th)

2. Marlon Humprey CB (Teeze Tabor, Desmond King, Adoree Jackson also available)

3. Evan Engram TE ( Jake Butt available also)

4. Chad Wheeler OT

4. Zay Jones WR

5. David Sharpe OT

7. David Jones S

After all the FA signings, the Bears still had 13 million leftover in cap along with money set aside for the rookie pool. They would be able to sign another FA or two.

FWIW, I think your first three draft picks are awesome.

Being bold, getting outside the box and making people say WTF. Let me lay the groundwork for this. I see Garrett gone #1 overall and the 49ers taking a QB, likely Trubisky. With that the Bears shock Mel Kiper and take

Rd 1 #3 overall Jamal Adams S athleticism to play all DB positions and leadership to get everyone lined up before the snap

This puts Jonathan Allen on the board at #4 for the Jaguars and with Solomon Thomas now sitting as the 3rd best player overall ( http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings) both these DEs (Allen, Thomas) go next. The Jets bypass a QB here which ultimately nets Cleveland exactly what they want when they draft DeShaun Watson with the 12th pick.

Cardinals feel too much value on the board and too many pressing needs to take a QB 13th overall.

With Kizer still on the board Pace knows he must get ahead of the Texans. He finds a trading partner at 18 in Tenn and gives them Alshon Jeffrey, a big proven WR they need for Mariotta, and our 2nd Rd pick. Tennessee also gives us their second 3rd Rd pick (#83 overall).

Rd 1 #18 QB D. Kizer

In Rd 3 of a deep draft Pace drafts:

#67: CB Rasul Douglass

#83: WR Isaiah Ford

Rd 4 OT Conor McDermott

That would be an interesting approach. I don't know how I'd feel about trading back into the first that high - you showed the cost - but I could see it happening because of the value placed on QBs.

That would be an interesting approach. I don't know how I'd feel about trading back into the first that high - you showed the cost - but I could see it happening because of the value placed on QBs.

If they don't trade for JG or take one at #3, be prepared for a trade. Pick 5 ahead of NYJ, #9 ahead of Buf, or #11 ahead of Cle and Arz are all slots to positon before a QB needy team, SF also. Washington may be in the same boat if Cousins escapes. The demand is greater than the supply, so the price goes up and teams will end up over paying. Fingers crossed one of these teams makes us an offer on Jay.