Interesting Article from CSNChicago.com

Pixote

There was an article on CSNChicago.com about the Bears that I found interesting.

It gave team stats in some offensive and defensive areas for the Bears compared to teams which made the playoffs this year.

I was actually surprised by the info provided and encouraged in that if we could rank that favorably with the 2016 playoff teams with 19 players on IR, what could we accomplish in 2017 with a healthy roster and key additions made this opffseason in FA and the draft?

It is a long offseason.

I believe there is a solid foundation building on this team.

The Cowboys won 4 games in 2015 due to a lot of injuries including at the QB position and ended up with the 4th pick in the draft. One year later they won 12 games with few injuries to key players and rookie QB. Let's be honest: Prescott was good but he wasn't better than Romo. IMO at his best he was equal to Romo but Dallas stayed with the hot hand and decided to stick with the rookie and look to the future.

I hate the Cowboys. But I had to include that for perspective. They stayed the course with their coaching staff and added some more pieces. If they didn't use a 2nd Rd pick on Jaylon Smith they may very well have won the game last week. They passed on guys like: TE Hunter Henry, LB Myles Jack, DT Chris Jones, WR Michael Thomas.

I don't believe we have a team ready to compete for the NFC Championship if healthy (as Dallas did) but I do think if we add the right pieces this offseason plus some better health we will compete for the playoffs. The QB position above all will keep us just outside playoff contention.

I don't believe we have a team ready to compete for the NFC Championship if healthy (as Dallas did) but I do think if we add the right pieces this offseason plus some better health we will compete for the playoffs. The QB position above all will keep us just outside playoff contention.

If we draft the QB I want, I agree with this assessment. However, if we draft Desean Watson, I think we can be as good as the Boys were this year. With a good draft and nailing free agency as the Boys did, combined with good health the Bears could contend. The reason for my QB comment is a simple thought on floor vs ceiling and who's closer to competing right away.

If we draft the QB I want, I agree with this assessment. However, if we draft Desean Watson, I think we can be as good as the Boys were this year. With a good draft and nailing free agency as the Boys did, combined with good health the Bears could contend. The reason for my QB comment is a simple thought on floor vs ceiling and who's closer to competing right away.

I think we are closer than teams think of vying for a playoff spot. IF we can upgrade the LT spot. Grab a TE , resign Jeffery, and get a QB prospect that makes it a decent offense. On D we bring in a CB, FS, and a 5T and some luck with health and we have a very strong D. Our biggest problem besides health is playmakers, if we can get one at CB and FS, we could be on our way.