QBs rising

AZ54

I think it was just last week and at least a couple of us were speculating on how the QBs would fare as the draft analysis moved forward. I said I felt Kizer would move up quite a bit from his late 1st/early 2nd Rd slot. It seems that process is starting to happen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nf...10-with-no-qbs/

Here Kizer is ranked 13th overall, 2 spots behind Trubisky who is 11th overall.

Jeremiah has Kizer 15th overall, Trubisky way down the road at 31st.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000077...-2017-nfl-draft

It's still early and these are just a couple opinions but overall I get the sense both of these QBs will end up grading out as mid-1st Rd picks. Add in the desperation QB bump and they are easily top 10 picks, if not top 5. Despite that I don't think either of them will be ready to start a game in 2017.

2 maybe 3 QBs will go top 10. I simply hope hard core fans understand this when we get accused of reaching.

I dont think it matters how many QBs go in the first round, it is still reaching when you take him above his value. Teams do that because of the value of the position. If we grab a QB, i would be Okay with that, that would mean they think he is worth the risk.Not my preference thou. I think we should grab the BPA and then grab a prospect that they may be worth the risk at where they grab them. That doesn't mean it will be a legitimate target, but there are questions with all prospects at that position this year.

Agreed hardcore fans should also realize that you get to keep 1st rounders under contract 5 yrs which helps your salary cap.

So if we end up drafting Jake Locker

Cristian Ponder

EJ Manuel

Blaine Gabbert

or Brandon Weeden

then that is a good thing that we got them in the first round because we can lock them up for 5 years?

That only matters if one of these guys turn into Jamie Winston or Marcus Mariotta and none are even close to being rated as high as those two.