Soar Atlanta soar!

madlithuanian

That was an epic dismantling of Green Bay. 31-0 in the 3rd quarter. Matthews was non-existent, 1 tackle and an off-sides call that extended an Atlanta drive, I love it.

If Atlanta plays like that in the SB, they will beat either PIT or NE.

Shame on me for missing this game. Sounds like it was a thing of beauty seeing the pompous Packers cut down to size. They are making a habit of choking in the playoffs. Seeing Rodgers frown instead of that arrogant smirk is always a welcome site. While we've struggled to find a franchise caliber QB we've watched the Packers virtually waste one by surrounding him with crap.

Shame on me for missing this game. Sounds like it was a thing of beauty seeing the pompous Packers cut down to size. They are making a habit of choking in the playoffs. Seeing Rodgers frown instead of that arrogant smirk is always a welcome site. While we've struggled to find a franchise caliber QB we've watched the Packers virtually waste one by surrounding him with crap.

The Packers have made the playoffs seven years in a row. I would kill for that type of success with the Bears. Our organization is a shit show compared to the Packers.

Peace :dabears

Yeah...I agree with Connor. On a sidenote, it was amazing how good Matt Ryan looks. I always thought Ryan had talent and he showed it. I've always thought the same of Jay (albeit, at this point, he's too far gone for the Bears to keep), but it does go to show how important it is to put quality players and the right coaches around these guys. Ryan isn't Rodgers or Brady, who can do it on his own, but he's good enough that if you give him the right parts, he can be elite (and this year, Matt Ryan has been that).

I'm surprised the Falcons aren't opening as favorites. They've looked fantastic.

Also, the Packers lost to the superior team and beat a team that was better then them the week before. I don't really call the choking. Yes, they got whooped this week, but they didn't even belong on the same field as the Falcons (who I happen to think will win the superbowl). That said, I'd never bet against Tom Brady.

The Packers have made the playoffs seven years in a row. I would kill for that type of success with the Bears. Our organization is a shit show compared to the Packers.

Peace :dabears

No argument here, I think we'd all rather see our Bears as a perennial playoff team than what we've had. Can't win it if you aren't it. It remains to be seen if the current ownership/coashes can build the Bears into just that. Sometimes you have to reach bottom before you climb. It's been a drought since mid-late 80's with occasional playoff appearances sprinkled in. We all long for our team to get out of the rut of mediocrity where we aren't bottom feeders but aren't regular contenders either.

The team I'd most want to emulate is the Steelers. Only handful of coaches. Always in the mix. Break through every now and then to go all the way. Over-perform. Even with Kordell Stewart, Bubby Brister and others before Roethlisberger...they were getting tickets to the dance. It still took a good QB to go the distance. But, being in the mix for so long, so often is the desired goal.

Plus, they aren't Green Bay.

Oh yeah...F GB!

:dabears

No argument here, I think we'd all rather see our Bears as a perennial playoff team than what we've had. Can't win it if you aren't it. It remains to be seen if the current ownership/coashes can build the Bears into just that. Sometimes you have to reach bottom before you climb. It's been a drought since mid-late 80's with occasional playoff appearances sprinkled in. We all long for our team to get out of the rut of mediocrity where we aren't bottom feeders but aren't regular contenders either.

The team I'd most want to emulate is the Steelers. Only handful of coaches. Always in the mix. Break through every now and then to go all the way. Over-perform. Even with Kordell Stewart, Bubby Brister and others before Roethlisberger...they were getting tickets to the dance. It still took a good QB to go the distance. But, being in the mix for so long, so often is the desired goal.

Plus, they aren't Green Bay.

Oh yeah...F GB!

:dabears

Definitely, you look at teams in the league that are more often than not in the conversation/mix and look at the teams that have had or tend to have consistent coaching vs cleaning house every 3-5 years or so. As dirty as it makes me feel you can put the Pats in there too, minus the cheating. Lovie was our longest tenured coach since Ditka, other than that they've short lived. Since Ditka (11) it's been Wanny (6), Jauron (5), Lovie (9), Trestman (2), and now Fox (2 and counting). Our front office hasn't been exactly stable either. Here's hoping that things become stable and we grow a culture of winning that will last. Not sure how long Fox will be here. Fox/Pace inherited a dumpster fire and if you go on record alone you'd say things haven't improved. But I feel like the culture has improved vastly from Trestman's time, and the team has young talent, and will need to keep adding to that through the draft and FA. The Bears were more competitive this year, but didn't have enough talent or healthy body's for it to show in the record. This offseason will be crucial (I know that's obvious).