Choose your combo

jason

FA + RD1 pick  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which FA & RD1 pick combination do you prefer?

• 1. FA Calais Campbell, RD1 Malik Hooker
    • 2. FA Calais Campbell, RD1 Jamal Adams
    • 3. FA Calais Campbell, RD1 Mitch Trubisky
    • 4. FA Calais Campbell, RD1 Deshaun Watson
    • 5. FA Eric Berry, RD1 Jonathan Allen
    • 6. FA Eric Berry, RD1 Mitch Trubisky
    • 7. FA Eric Berry, RD1 Deshaun Watson

This is to gauge the thought process of everyone here. This could be used to help move the "Post-FA Everyone Agrees Mock" forward. Calais Campbell is pretty much the #1 DE available that could fit the 3-4, and Eric Berry is the undeniable FS choice available.

Since there are no comparable FA QBs, the combo of FA QB & RD1 pick wasn't included.

With that said, what is your preference?

I chose Eric Berry & Jonathan Allen.

Tough one for me.

For FA I would prefer Eric Berry, although I still suspect KC will find a way to keep him.

I think whoever signs Calais Campbell overpays and regrets it big time.

So with wanting Berry I have 3 options, I am not big on Allen or Trubisky which leaves me with:

Eric Berry & Deshaun Watson

Personally, I would love to have Eric Berry and either Garrett

(can always hope for a miricale that he drops)

or either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker.

I want a strong secondary, I want turnovers.

I would draft QB but not in Round 1 unless we had a hell of a deal to trade down.

Pretty much same rationale for me as Pix.

I have faith in the youth up front; Bullard, Goldman, Floyd and some of the effective FA's already in the fold like Hicks and McPhee that our team really needs to look at the defensive backfield. Next to QB that is probably the next highest (if not highest) priority. Berry right now is the best deal out there.

Pretty much same rationale for me as Pix. I have faith in the youth up front; Bullard, Goldman, Floyd and some of the effective FA's already in the fold like Hicks and McPhee that our team really needs to look at the defensive backfield. Next to QB that is probably the next highest (if not highest) priority. Berry right now is the best deal out there.

I am all aboard the Berry and Watson train since we have a high draft pick invested in Bullard and he should be decent. Myles Garrett as OLB, I would consider if it was an option.

This is to gauge the thought process of everyone here. This could be used to help move the "Post-FA Everyone Agrees Mock" forward. Calais Campbell is pretty much the #1 DE available that could fit the 3-4, and Eric Berry is the undeniable FS choice available.

Since there are no comparable FA QBs, the combo of FA QB & RD1 pick wasn't included.

We are not going to go after Campbell, he is a very good player but Pace as demonstrated he wants younger , someone to build with. CC is 30. Someone like K Short, who I think can play the 5T would be a better choice. he is 3 years younger.

He is 6-3 315 and has 16 sacks in the last 2 years. plus 4 FFs, and 9 PDs.

CC has had 13 sacks, 2 FFs and 9 PDs in last 2 years.

Even though I've been saying I want to sign Berry, for some reason right now I feel like Calais Campbell and Trubisky is the best value. I'm not wavering on the QB and my mind is telling me CC will come a bit cheaper than Berry. It's always hard to predict what happens when the frenzy kicks off but last years big FA DT Malik Jackson didn't do much so maybe there will be less of a market demand at this position. Anyway, K. Short is the top dog this year. Berry has the bigger name recognition over Campbell, especially after the playoffs. Because of his age, Campbell will be looking at a shorter contract 4 years so maybe we can bring him in for $2-3mil/yr less or with a lower guarantee which gives us more flexibility down the road. That leaves $$ to sign another player for depth, or makes it more likely we sign a talented FA CB.

CC doesn't fit Pace in terms of age but he is young enough and talented enough to get 3-4 good years out of him plus he fits Pace and Fox exactly in terms of leadership. Berry does as well and if the money is even I'd go with Berry.

I went Berry and Mitch...something in my gut is telling me we go Mitch...could be the Scotch from last night.