Add Cards to QB Needy Teams

AZ54

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency

2/1: Carson Palmer has moved his family out of Arizona and sold his home. - Mike Jurecki, FOX Sports

Palmer hinted at retirement, and this is an even stronger sign. Palmer could still return for one year, but no one should be surprised if he hangs up his cleats. -Walter

2nd source:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...out-of-arizona/

I said it before but Bruce Arians does not have the time before he wants to retire (or has to due to health issues) to rebuild with one of these rookie QBs. If Palmer is done he'll want someone who can play now. He's got two options: Romo and Cutler. Romo's contract carries a cap hit of $24mil and two more years on the deal, which precludes a trade. Arians can wait until he's a FA but then Romo can make his choice and that could well end up being Denver. Plus Romo has serious back injury question marks.

Our man Cutler has much friendlier cap hit of $16mil in 2017 and $17mil in 2018.

What will Bruce Arians give us for Jay Cutler? If Pace can get a 3rd Rd pick out of it then it totally changes his draft options. Trading our 2nd and 3rd Rd picks is enough to get back into the late 1st Rd should he like one of the QBs there (Kizer?).

Trading both 3rd Rd picks can net another 2nd Rd pick where there is likely to still be some very good talent on the board: That could be 3 picks in the top 50.

2/1: Carson Palmer has moved his family out of Arizona and sold his home. - Mike Jurecki, FOX Sports

Palmer hinted at retirement, and this is an even stronger sign. Palmer could still return for one year, but no one should be surprised if he hangs up his cleats. -Walter

2nd source:

I said it before but Bruce Arians does not have the time before he wants to retire (or has to due to health issues) to rebuild with one of these rookie QBs. If Palmer is done he'll want someone who can play now. He's got two options: Romo and Cutler. Romo's contract carries a cap hit of $24mil and two more years on the deal, which precludes a trade. Arians can wait until he's a FA but then Romo can make his choice and that could well end up being Denver. Plus Romo has serious back injury question marks.

Our man Cutler has much friendlier cap hit of $16mil in 2017 and $17mil in 2018.

What will Bruce Arians give us for Jay Cutler? If Pace can get a 3rd Rd pick out of it then it totally changes his draft options. Trading our 2nd and 3rd Rd picks is enough to get back into the late 1st Rd should he like one of the QBs there (Kizer?).

Trading both 3rd Rd picks can net another 2nd Rd pick where there is likely to still be some very good talent on the board: That could be 3 picks in the top 50.

What is a two year stop gap QB worth with options up to a 4th year? I would be happy with a 3rd with hope for more.

16 & 17 million don't look bad for a middle of the road QB anymore. Some Bear fans are ready to give more than that to an unproven prospect. I

What is a two year stop gap QB worth with options up to a 4th year? I would be happy with a 3rd with hope for more.

16 & 17 million don't look bad for a middle of the road QB anymore. Some Bear fans are ready to give more than that to an unproven prospect. I

Garoppolo will cost both picks and a somewhat significant bonus on a new contract. I don't think he'll get what Cutler will earn per season. If he's on the Bears I certainly hope not. Osweiller's contract is not the benchmark for a 2nd contract on an unproven QB, it's the benchmark for failure.

Tyrod Taylor may be a FA as well but it's hard to say where teams see him vs. Cutler.

The Houston Texans will be in the mix for a vet QB. They have many pieces in place on their defense and offense. Making the playoffs without Watt and without a QB they have to think if they can just get average play at QB they'll be in a very good spot. They have just $25mil in cap space and re-signing Bouye is a priority for them. That will take at least $10-12mil. What if they offer a 3rd Rd pick and Jonathan Joseph? I saw that last year the Patriots tried to trade for Joseph so he might be someone they are willing to give up in order to free up some cap space, $6mil. Again, it's a deep class for CBs so they can feel confident about finding a replacement.

2nd source:

Palmer has come out and said every year at this time he takes his children out of school to go on a family vacation and that is house is not for sale.The report is just a reporter trying to make something out of nothing. The fact that Firtz is back for one more year will give you the clue that Palmer will be back for one more year. They both have stated before that they will retire together.

Stinger was right. It would appear Palmer, Fitz, and Arians are all tied together for one more run at it. That's still a plus for us because there is no way I can see a team so intent on winning now using an early pick on a QB. The first 3 rounds should net a player who starts or helps in some way.