trade possibilities

Stinger226

I have seen a article with a couple trade possibilities that make some sense to me.

WOULD YOU

Trade the 3rd pick to Buffalo and get their 1 round 10th pick, a second round pick, and Tyrod Taylor

Buffalo wants to move on from Taylor and want to take one of the three top QBs, so they move up to make sure they get one.

Is Taylor a possibility? at 10 we still could get OJ Howard-Cam Robinson-Latimore

Another possibility is with NO, I have read where Brandon Cooks has been complaining for his role of the team and might want out.

We get 11th pick, 3rd rounder and Brandon Cooks.

We could let Jeffery walk and have our #1 in Cooks with one year left on his contract. Would allow us to see if White gets his shit together.

With the 11th pick the same players would still be in play.

Another possibility is with Cleveland,, heard rumors that want to unload Haden because of his big contract

We get the 12th pick, a second rounder and Joe Haden.

Haden is a quality CB and we have the space to take on his 14 mil a year contract.

We get a high second and can wait to draft a CB in the 4th or 5th round.

so every scenario moves us to 10-11- or 12 In that area we could grab Howard or our LT Robinson or Ramscyk and have another high pick plus some bodies.

With the extra picks we get with any trade we could wait to grab our QB prospect with that pick, or if we think Taylor could be the answer.

I have seen a article with a couple trade possibilities that make some sense to me.

WOULD YOU

Trade the 3rd pick to Buffalo and get their 1 round 10th pick, a second round pick, and Tyrod Taylor

Buffalo wants to move on from Taylor and want to take one of the three top QBs, so they move up to make sure they get one.

Is Taylor a possibility? at 10 we still could get OJ Howard-Cam Robinson-Latimore

Another possibility is with NO, I have read where Brandon Cooks has been complaining for his role of the team and might want out.

We could let Jeffery walk and have our #1 in Cooks with one year left on his contract. Would allow us to see if White gets his shit together.

Another possibility is with Cleveland,, heard rumors that want to unload Haden because of his big contract

Haden is a quality CB and we have the space to take on his 14 mil a year contract.

so every scenario moves us to 10-11- or 12 In that area we could grab Howard or our LT Robinson or Ramscyk and have another high pick plus some bodies.

With the extra picks we get with any trade we could wait to grab our QB prospect with that pick, or if we think Taylor could be the answer.

The Buffalo deal is tempting except the dead money setup in Taylor's contract is a killer. If he's just a temp guy to hold the spot down for a couple years I'd want more flexibility. It's possible there are ways out of it sooner with less impact.

If Brandon Cooks can't be happy with Brees throwing him the ball then he'll never be happy here with Hoyer/Barkley/rookie. Based on that he doesn't seem to be the locker room presence Fox wants on the team. Then there's the expiring contract issue so a year later we could have nothing for our troubles.

I always felt Haden was over-rated and certainly not worth $14mil. At 5'11" 190lbs (I think that's generous) he's not a great fit for Fangio's D. He'd be a decent holdover for a year or two but at a huge expense. If Cleveland wants us to swallow that contract for them then I'm taking #12, #33, #65 and Haden for #3 overall. With #33 or #36 I'd draft Hayden's replacement and give him a year or two to learn. If that's a bad deal for Cleveland, well that's the way it works when we're doing them a favor.

The Buffalo deal is tempting except the dead money setup in Taylor's contract is a killer. If he's just a temp guy to hold the spot down for a couple years I'd want more flexibility. It's possible there are ways out of it sooner with less impact.

If Brandon Cooks can't be happy with Brees throwing him the ball then he'll never be happy here with Hoyer/Barkley/rookie. Based on that he doesn't seem to be the locker room presence Fox wants on the team. Then there's the expiring contract issue so a year later we could have nothing for our troubles.

I always felt Haden was over-rated and certainly not worth $14mil. At 5'11" 190lbs (I think that's generous) he's not a great fit for Fangio's D. He'd be a decent holdover for a year or two but at a huge expense. If Cleveland wants us to swallow that contract for them then I'm taking #12, #33, #65 and Haden for #3 overall. With #33 or #36 I'd draft Hayden's replacement and give him a year or two to learn. If that's a bad deal for Cleveland, well that's the way it works when we're doing them a favor.

Cooks wants to be the guy and with the emergence of the rookie Thomas, he's throwing a hussy fit. If we let Jeffery walk this is at least an option to having a #1 in place for a year while we finally get to see if White can become a #1. You're right, foxs type of players are team guys.

I just looked at Taylor's contract and you are right, his contract sucks unless he takes turns into a stud, which isnt worth the risk.

I'm in stay put / stay quiet mode if I'm Pace during this time. Until they know if they like one of the QB's, nothing should be done with picks. What I would work on diligently is trying to get something for Cutler and bringing Alshon's status to an agreed upon resolution.

If QB at 3 is off the table. I wouldn't mind stockpiling 2nd and 3rd round picks, even at the expense of our 1st. This draft is deep as hell with some of the things we need, so trading out could be a bonanza.

I'm in stay put / stay quiet mode if I'm Pace during this time. Until they know if they like one of the QB's, nothing should be done with picks. What I would work on diligently is trying to get something for Cutler and bringing Alshon's status to an agreed upon resolution.

Nooo...put big rumors out there that JimmyG is our main target.

At least that has already happened so someone didn't keep quiet. After the big report there was nothing from the Bears saying it was inaccurate.

Whether our desire to trade for JimmyG is true or not we should churn the pot again a week before the combine. That'll keep people chattering on that and maybe spending less time figuring out what else we're doing.

Nooo...put big rumors out there that JimmyG is our main target.

At least that has already happened so someone didn't keep quiet. After the big report there was nothing from the Bears saying it was inaccurate.

Whether our desire to trade for JimmyG is true or not we should churn the pot again a week before the combine. That'll keep people chattering on that and maybe spending less time figuring out what else we're doing.

This regime is more closed mouth than Lovey was. There will let no one know what they are doing. I think they have a plan for a QB. FA, trade, draft, there are choices but the most logical is to draft one. This is not rated a good year to grab a QB. There will be one or two that will be a legitimate NFL QB. Are any franchise QBs, probably not but if we can get a Kirk Cousins out of this draft, I would be okay with that. My reference is a consistent top 10 finisher regularly not just one year.

Hopefully Pace gets it right, but it may be another year of trying to find one.

WOULD YOU

BUF- 1.3 for 1.10, 2.44, and Taylor

Nope. I'd rather just give Hoyer control and see what he can do now that he has a little more experience. If Hoyer had started the entire year like Taylor did, Hoyer's stats would most likely have been better.

NO - 1.3 for 1.11, 3.76, & Cooks

I don't like this one. Not enough return. I'd want the 2nd rounder instead of the first, especially for a guy who probably wouldn't return to Chicago after his contract ran out. He's used to a high-powered offense and Drew Brees. It's unlikely he'd want to stay "where WRs go to die."

CLE - 1.3 for 1.12, 2.52, & Haden

This is the most interesting one to me. Haden would start immediately for the Bears, and remove the immediate need for a CB.

All that being said, I'd rather the Bears just ask for more picks than get those players.

Had this peculiar thought cross my mind last night. More of a 'what if' than anything but since we're in the dead zone of the NFL, why not? I started wondering how bad do you think NE is for a big outside receiver? I know they have Amendola, Edelman and Hogan but they're more like quick twitch slot receivers. I'm talking big body Randy Moss types. Like say an Alston Jeffery? Keep that thought.

John Clayton was on ESPN last night and was speculating that Belichick would probably be willing to let Garrapolo go for a 'good 2nd round pick' (like Chicago has). I should add I am not a fan of Garrapolo coming to Chicago BUT for a bargain deal like that, why not? Anyhow, what if they were to sweeten the deal like we give them AJ and our second for a few of their draft picks (like their 2nd and 3rd they got from the Browns). I'm sure Belichick will do some wheeling and dealing to get better picks anyhow. Clayton seems to think he likes more later round picks than he does 1st round so I could see him maybe dealing away their 32nd overall pick for someone elses later rounds.

I'm not a draft or trade expert by any stretch. Guess it really boils down to does NE need a different style WR? Heck maybe part of the trade could involve our second and AJ for Garrapolo, (Edelman, Amendola or Hogan) and their second or third? Why not?

Had this peculiar thought cross my mind last night. More of a 'what if' than anything but since we're in the dead zone of the NFL, why not? I started wondering how bad do you think NE is for a big outside receiver? I know they have Amendola, Edelman and Hogan but they're more like quick twitch slot receivers. I'm talking big body Randy Moss types. Like say an Alston Jeffery? Keep that thought.

John Clayton was on ESPN last night and was speculating that Belichick would probably be willing to let Garrapolo go for a 'good 2nd round pick' (like Chicago has). I should add I am not a fan of Garrapolo coming to Chicago BUT for a bargain deal like that, why not? Anyhow, what if they were to sweeten the deal like we give them AJ and our second for a few of their draft picks (like their 2nd and 3rd they got from the Browns). I'm sure Belichick will do some wheeling and dealing to get better picks anyhow. Clayton seems to think he likes more later round picks than he does 1st round so I could see him maybe dealing away their 32nd overall pick for someone elses later rounds.

I'm not a draft or trade expert by any stretch. Guess it really boils down to does NE need a different style WR? Heck maybe part of the trade could involve our second and AJ for Garrapolo, (Edelman, Amendola or Hogan) and their second or third? Why not?

that would never happen

First of all we dont have Alston signed to a contract, so that means we would have to tag him which is highly unlikely

Second NE lets good players get out of town because does not pay players huge contracts except for Brady.

Jeffery is going to be paid between 12 to 14 mil a year and no way in hell NE pays a WR that kind of money.

that would never happen

First of all we dont have Alston signed to a contract, so that means we would have to tag him which is highly unlikely

Second NE lets good players get out of town because does not pay players huge contracts except for Brady.

Jeffery is going to be paid between 12 to 14 mil a year and no way in hell NE pays a WR that kind of money.

At the risk of being 'douchy' and about NE not signing players to big contracts; this article says otherwise.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/7/16/897626...cts-for-players

So with that rumor dispelled, about this contract thing. With having the Franchise designator looming couldn't Chicago work some deal with AJ and his agent to a tradable friendly contract knowing teams like NE could come knocking? And what's to say AJ wouldn't accept less knowing he could potentially go to a team like NE? Perhaps it's spelled out somewhere in the CBA that this can't be done but what's to say it isn't at least thought of? (Did i mention I know nothing of NFL contracts and draft value?).

At the risk of being 'douchy' and about NE not signing players to big contracts; this article says otherwise.

So with that rumor dispelled, about this contract thing. With having the Franchise designator looming couldn't Chicago work some deal with AJ and his agent to a tradable friendly contract knowing teams like NE could come knocking? And what's to say AJ wouldn't accept less knowing he could potentially go to a team like NE? Perhaps it's spelled out somewhere in the CBA that this can't be done but what's to say it isn't at least thought of? (Did i mention I know nothing of NFL contracts and draft value?).

6 year 53 mil is a bargain for the best TE in the league

the safety is making good money but no one on your list is making 14 mil a year, so I am safe at saying this will never happen.

Brady is the only player on the team making 14 mil a year.

Including Gronk the average pay for a WR on the team is (top 4) is 5.57 mil

Like I said before this will NEVER happen

Actually, you could make a point that NE has a horrible track record with large player contracts:

Milloy, plays only 3 years of 7 year deal with Patriots after signing largest contract ever for a Safety, 4 INTs over those 3 years

Colvin, plays 6 of 7 years with team, but only starts 3 games in first 2 years of contract and ends with a similar thud

Thomas, plays only 3 years of 5 year deal, with minimal impact after taking largest cap hit in the league

Mankins, becomes highest paid Guard, plays 3 of 5 years with team before being traded

Mayo, becomes 2nd highest paid LB, then plays only 1 full season of 5 year deal and retires before contract ends

6 year 53 mil is a bargain for the best TE in the league

the safety is making good money but no one on your list is making 14 mil a year, so I am safe at saying this will never happen.

Brady is the only player on the team making 14 mil a year.

Including Gronk the average pay for a WR on the team is (top 4) is 5.57 mil

Like I said before this will NEVER happen

Best TE when he plays. Who knows how long he will play or how many games you will get out of him, but I have a feeling his days are numbered.