Possible FA Cornerbacks

Pixote

This years draft is suppose to be strong in the DB area, both CB & S.

However, the Bears are so weak in this area I can see us addressing it in FA & the draft.

On ESPN they are saying the Bears should go after Logan Ryan, CB from NEP.

Unfortunately, it is one of their ESPN Insider articles, I refuse to pay, LOL.

I did find an INTERESTING ARTICLE ON LOGAN RYAN when trying to find out more info.

I think it might be written by a fan but I think extremely well written and researched, worth a read, for free ;-)

According to the article other notable 2017 free agent cornerbacks include Trumaine Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, A.J. Bouye, Morris Claiborne, and Prince Amukamara.

Here ya go from ESPN Insider:

Chicago Bears

Logan Ryan, CB | Position rank: 16th

Chicago at heart loves physical cornerbacks who will play the run and make an impact, and Ryan is a fantastic representation of that. He had the league's third-best run-stop percentage among all cornerbacks, at 2.6 percent of run snaps, and the 24 defensive stops he notched over the regular season for the Patriots were fourth best at the position. Ryan won't ever be an All-Pro corner, but he can be a solid starting option for a team that needs an overhaul at cornerback.

also:

Los Angeles Rams

Alshon Jeffery, WR | Position rank: 33rd

The Rams haven't had a legitimate No. 1 receiver since Torry Holt retired. With QB Jared Goff's development so crucial, that needs to change. With injuries and sporadic quarterback play, much of 2016 was a wash for Chicago's Jeffery, but he proved in 2015 what kind of potential he has. That season, his 2.87 yards per route were fourth best of any receiver in the league. Kenny Britt led the Rams last season at 2.00 in that category.

We all need to keep in mind Fox and Fangio want players who can generate turnovers. Signing a CB who's best trait is run defense is not what they have in mind. If he's a decent CB why wouldn't NE sign him with all their cap space?

Fangio said players either have a knack for generating turnovers or they don't. For that reason I'm not sure we wouldn't take Hooker over Adams if we take a safety at #3.

This years draft is suppose to be strong in the DB area, both CB & S.

However, the Bears are so weak in this area I can see us addressing it in FA & the draft.

On ESPN they are saying the Bears should go after Logan Ryan, CB from NEP.

Unfortunately, it is one of their ESPN Insider articles, I refuse to pay, LOL.

I did find an INTERESTING ARTICLE ON LOGAN RYAN when trying to find out more info.

I think it might be written by a fan but I think extremely well written and researched, worth a read, for free ;-)

According to the article other notable 2017 free agent cornerbacks include Trumaine Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, A.J. Bouye, Morris Claiborne, and Prince Amukamara.

I like Bouye, Gilmore, and then Ryan in that order as my targets, Bears should land one. Less than 3 weeks and we shall see what Pace has in mind.

We all need to keep in mind Fox and Fangio want players who can generate turnovers. Signing a CB who's best trait is run defense is not what they have in mind. If he's a decent CB why wouldn't NE sign him with all their cap space?

Fangio said players either have a knack for generating turnovers or they don't. For that reason I'm not sure we wouldn't take Hooker over Adams if we take a safety at #3.

I am growing on Hooker also, he is the better FS in my mind. The Bears have lacked a ballhawk safety since Mike Brown.

I am growing on Hooker also, he is the better FS in my mind. The Bears have lacked a ballhawk safety since Mike Brown.

Adams is the real deal, and no injury concerns that Hooker has. Gilmore seems to be the better TO guy.

Gilmore has 8 interceptions and 30 PDs in the last two years.

Ryan has 6 int and 24 PDs and one FF

Johnson has 8 int and 19 Pds and 2 FRs

Bouye has 3 int and 22 PDs

I personally would go after Gilmore first

Adams is the real deal, and no injury concerns that Hooker has. Gilmore seems to be the better TO guy.

Gilmore has 8 interceptions and 30

in the last two years.

Ryan has 6 int and 24 PDs and one FF

Johnson has 8 int and 19 Pds and 2 FRs

Bouye has 3 int and 22 PDs

I personally would go after Gilmore first

Maybe you are right. Given what I read about him here he seems like a perfect fit for us. Pay the man and make it so!

http://dawindycity.com/2017/02/08/chicago-...re-free-agency/

Some highlights

What did they say when he was drafted years ago (i.e. would we want to draft him now):

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...torical/1664166