Arthritis in both shoulders for Jonathan Allen DE

ASHKUM BEAR

Not for nothing but I sorta wish we were in need of ILBs. Would absolutely love the idea of getting Bama LB R. Foster and Clemson LB Ben Boulware on the Bears roster. Talk about an awesome line backing corps. That would be snot jarring duo for sure.

Foster would be a huge producer for many years. There may not be another LB like him available for years, I would not be mad if they took him. Boulware might be available in the middle rounds, he is not as strong defending the pass.

Foster would be a huge producer for many years. There may not be another LB like him available for years, I would not be mad if they took him. Boulware might be available in the middle rounds, he is not as strong defending the pass.

I hear ya for sure. But... they need other players in other positions. If only.

You're right that Foster is one of them 'once in a few years' opportunity.

Allen is definitely off the radar now at #3. The arthritis might not affect him too much now but it's an issue when you look at a second contract and if you know up front you can't get that value out of a #3 pick then you shouldn't go there.

I wouldn't have a problem with Foster. I'm still good with Trubisky but prefer to go defense with Thomas followed by Adams/Hooker. Hooker is a guy who has to come visit right before the draft to follow up on his progress from the surgery. All four of these defensive players make an impact this year.

Allen is definitely off the radar now at #3. The arthritis might not affect him too much now but it's an issue when you look at a second contract and if you know up front you can't get that value out of a #3 pick then you shouldn't go there.

I wouldn't have a problem with Foster. I'm still good with Trubisky but prefer to go defense with Thomas followed by Adams/Hooker. Hooker is a guy who has to come visit right before the draft to follow up on his progress from the surgery. All four of these defensive players make an impact this year.

I wouldn't be surprised with Kizer either. Trubisky, Kizer, Adams, Hooker, or Thomas, D Barnett. Barnett will sneak up to top 5 I believe by draft day.

I just can't see how Pace and Fox could draft a player with significant injury history at this point. Kevin White has to be on their mind over and over during this process. I think that really narrows down who they will go after. The only players I see worth the spot are Adams, Hooker, and then one of the three QBs if evaluated that highly.

I have always wanted a trade down, and now I want it more and more.

Hold on, we currently appear to have three starting caliber ILBs on the roster, and people wouldn't be mad if we took Foster at #3? That's crazy to me. I think you could make the same argument about Jamal Adams/Malik Hooker as "once every five to ten years" players, and that's actually a need. They are both pretty clearly better safety prospects than anyone since Eric Barry/Earl Thomas in 2010. I would be very upset if we took stayed at #3 and took Foster over one of those guys.

Hold on, we currently appear to have three starting caliber ILBs on the roster, and people wouldn't be mad if we took Foster at #3? That's crazy to me. I think you could make the same argument about Jamal Adams/Malik Hooker as "once every five to ten years" players, and that's actually a need. They are both pretty clearly better safety prospects than anyone since Eric Barry/Earl Thomas in 2010. I would be very upset if we took stayed at #3 and took Foster over one of those guys.

I don't think anyone's really suggesting they would prefer Foster over those guys, just that it would be cool to have him on the team. It's too bad we don't 'need' an ILB. Really though, how long has it been that we've needed a good safety? Since Mike Brown?

Totally agree. I'm also in with Jason on trade down if we don't like any of the QB's.

I'd be PISSED. First, because, as you've pointed out, we have starters there. But, second, I think the ILBs in a 3-4 often can be flawed guys who just have great instincts and just make tackles. Guys like Kwiatkowski who didn't blow people away are great as ILBs in a 3-4. Same goes for a guy like Boulware, who will likely go 5th-6th, despite a ton of production in college.

Just saying Foster is a rare ILB prospect. You haven't seen one mock on this board taking him or even one on other websites so it is just a few admiring him.

Trevathan may not be ready early on or at all, his injury is one of the hardest to return from which hasn't been talked about much yet ,so we only have 2 capable starters as of now. Freeman is on his last year on a 2 year deal, eventually they will need more depth.

I don't think anyone's really suggesting they would prefer Foster over those guys, just that it would be cool to have him on the team. It's too bad we don't 'need' an ILB. Really though, how long has it been that we've needed a good safety? Since Mike Brown?

You are far more optimistic about Trevathan and his long term prospects than I am. I definitely think he'll return but will he have the same speed? In any case this year he's likely a PUP candidate.

Again, this is not what I want to do but if Foster graded that much higher than the others it is what we should do. I just don't believe he grades out higher than players like Thomas, Hooker, and Adams in which case we fill the need. Pass rusher opposite Floyd is a need IMO.

You are far more optimistic about Trevathan and his long term prospects than I am. I definitely think he'll return but will he have the same speed? In any case this year he's likely a PUP candidate.

Again, this is not what I want to do but if Foster graded that much higher than the others it is what we should do. I just don't believe he grades out higher than players like Thomas, Hooker, and Adams in which case we fill the need. Pass rusher opposite Floyd is a need IMO.

We may want to think about Foster after he got kicked out of the combine. Immature hothead

I've never really been that big on Allen anyway. I want Adams or Hooker. Adams sounds like the leader this defense needs while Hooker sounds like the ball hawk this defense needs. Its a toss up for me.

I am torn between Adams and Hooker also. I want all the prospects, but they will need to address QB somehow, whether it is a first or second pick or a FA. If we really wanted to only focus on Defense, Adams RD1 and Baker Rd2 or Hooker Rd1 and Obi Melifonwu Rd 2 or 3 would give the Bears an exciting dual for years.

1-J Adams SS

2-B Baker FS

3-A Jackson CB

A backfield with these three would be exciting but it would question Pace in spending picks on Deon Bush and DeAndre Houston-Carson and giving up on them so soon, especially knowing we could have Zac Prescott with the Bush pick.

We may want to think about Foster after he got kicked out of the combine. Immature hothead

Well then he won't grade out so high and it settles it naturally. That's why it's good the draft process is so long. It puts these players in a brighter spotlight for a long time.

I am torn between Adams and Hooker also. I want all the prospects, but they will need to address QB somehow, whether it is a first or second pick or a FA. If we really wanted to only focus on Defense, Adams RD1 and Baker Rd2 or Hooker Rd1 and Obi Melifonwu Rd 2 or 3 would give the Bears an exciting dual for years.

1-J Adams SS

2-B Baker FS

3-A Jackson CB

A backfield with these three would be exciting but it would question Pace in spending picks on Deon Bush and DeAndre Houston-Carson and giving up on them so soon, especially knowing we could have Zac Prescott with the Bush pick.

I love how Budda Baker plays the game but at his size I'm not comfortable taking him in the 2nd Rd. I think he's going to have durability issues.

My ideal first 3 rounds at this point is.

1. J. Adams S

2. G. Conley CB

3. N. Peterman QB

Bring back Hoyer for a year or 2 while you groom Peterman.

Bring in Gilmore or Obouye to pair with Conley.

Move Fuller to FS to compete with Bush.

hmmmmm...that is interesting. i like it

I love how Budda Baker plays the game but at his size I'm not comfortable taking him in the 2nd Rd. I think he's going to have durability issues.

Melifonwu and Hooker wouldn cure that insecurity. I think we only need a true FS to be honest. Draft time we expand our need list.

My ideal first 3 rounds at this point is.

1. J. Adams S

2. G. Conley CB

3. N. Peterman QB

Bring back Hoyer for a year or 2 while you groom Peterman.

Bring in Gilmore or Obouye to pair with Conley.

Move Fuller to FS to compete with Bush.

What do you see in Peterman to make you think he's an NFL starter? I see a weak arm that has to release the ball very early on intermediate or deeper routes. He's accurate on his throws but beyond the short routes he's going to struggle with the speed in the NFL just like Hoyer does. Fast players are going to be bating him into throws beyond 10 yards and he'll either learn quickly that he can't make those throws without getting at least an incomplete pass if not an INT, or he'll leave the NFL. IMO his smarts and ability to make the quick read keep him around as a career backup. We already have one of those on our roster in Shaw (I think he showed enough to be a backp) plus Barkley (whatever he may be). Likely soon we'll have another career backup in Hoyer. You only need so many of these so at some point we should take a chance on a QB with more potential.