Arthritis in both shoulders for Jonathan Allen DE

ASHKUM BEAR

What do you see in Peterman to make you think he's an NFL starter? I see a weak arm that has to release the ball very early on intermediate or deeper routes. He's accurate on his throws but beyond the short routes he's going to struggle with the speed in the NFL just like Hoyer does. Fast players are going to be bating him into throws beyond 10 yards and he'll either learn quickly that he can't make those throws without getting at least an incomplete pass if not an INT, or he'll leave the NFL. IMO his smarts and ability to make the quick read keep him around as a career backup. We already have one of those on our roster in Shaw (I think he showed enough to be a backp) plus Barkley (whatever he may be). Likely soon we'll have another career backup in Hoyer. You only need so many of these so at some point we should take a chance on a QB with more potential.

I think the report of Arthritis is over blown and wont move him out of being the second best player in the draft.

Doctors have reported that the problem will be a later in life problem not one for his career in the NFL.

So he is back in play for our 3rd overall pick.

I think the report of Arthritis is over blown and wont move him out of being the second best player in the draft.

Doctors have reported that the problem will be a later in life problem not one for his career in the NFL.

Perhaps. But after getting White two years ago and signing players like Royal, Pace might be a bit hesitant in getting a player with a known injury history.

Perhaps. But after getting White two years ago and signing players like Royal, Pace might be a bit hesitant in getting a player with a known injury history.

Right Alaska. Red flags are there to say 'draft with care'. And we've been down that road. Draft someone who is free of any injury. God knows, they are going to get the crap beat out of them in the league.

So let's get pick that is ready to go, can contribute from the get go.

Right Alaska. Red flags are there to say 'draft with care'. And we've been down that road. Draft someone who is free of any injury. God knows, they are going to get the crap beat out of them in the league.

So let's get pick that is ready to go, can contribute from the get go.

his surgeries have not been recent, he just has lingering condition for the surgery of 2 years ago and 1 year ago. I think Pace has to judge whether it affects his career or not. Nobody is taking him off the board because of it, but some may move him down 10 spots on there ratings. I also think we need healthy going in players, but if you start eliminating everybody that has any injuries in college, it starts to limit who your going to choose.

Tommie Harris was graded much the same way. Although, he had a few good years Brigitte it caught up with him and that was at 15. No way at 3.

Allen's arthritis is something I am sure that the bears will do their due diligence on. If the arthritis was uncovered on an an Xray then the report will mark location and severity. Location is important because repeated wear and tear on an arthritic joint will affect strength and endurance. So putting up only 21 reps at the combine is a little concerning. Putting up 21 reps when his collegiate offensive counter parts are routinely in the high 20's and low 30's in reps. So, against his equals his punch is weaker. Aaron Donald came into the combine at the same weight and knocked out 35 reps. The next level aren't his equals. The draft is about potential. Allen says that doctors tell him it is mild other reports say it's moderate. Moderate arthritis in your twenties is a killer of potential. Healthy players will not have to worry about flare ups like Johnathan will.

At 3, no way. We have other needs that can be filled with the #3 than risking it on a player that was only considered bc he was a BPA at the time. Get a S or QB and see how Bullard turns out, he was taken pretty high to eventually be a starter and we have a 2nd invested in Ferguson and a 3rd in Sutton who should all be in the rotation.

After seeing him move around in space I prefer Solomon Thomas over Allen. He can handle OLB and then be our 4-3 DE with some occasional 3-tech snaps inside.

I seen some draft profiles and comparable players was fletcher cox for Allen. Thomas comparison was justin smith

I love how Budda Baker plays the game but at his size I'm not comfortable taking him in the 2nd Rd. I think he's going to have durability issues.

Well, Earl Thomas is pretty damn good, pretty much the exact same size as Baker, and he's giving Baker tips. I'd say Baker's size doesn't mean much when he plays like he does (which is a lot like Thomas).

After watching the combine start to finish the only mention about Allen's surgery was that he went back to school to prove that he had recovered from the surgery and with him being heavily poked and prodded at the combine, I'm sure it would be public knowledge right now on NFL Network. None of the big 3 scouting experts Mayock, Jeremiah or Davis mention anything about his health.

After watching the combine start to finish the only mention about Allen's surgery was that he went back to school to prove that he had recovered from the surgery and with him being heavily poked and prodded at the combine, I'm sure it would be public knowledge right now on NFL Network. None of the big 3 scouting experts Mayock, Jeremiah or Davis mention anything about his health.

There are clear guidelines against releasing any information from the Scouting Combine medical checks. It is highly unlikely the NFL Network would break the NFL's rules and report the arthritis finding.

There are clear guidelines against releasing any information from the Scouting Combine medical checks. It is highly unlikely the NFL Network would break the NFL's rules and report the arthritis finding.

i am starting to get on your bandwagon with Thomas, I seen one NFL profile that compares him to Justin Smith, I think Allen gets pushed back with the medicals . I still think we would be better off grabbing Campbell, and draft Adams at 3.

I understand all about health information laws but,they were hyping this guy right next to Garrett as a possible number 1 overall pick and I believe if his medical info was a problem that hype would have been tempered some. Those analysts all know what info is going around and they carefully say things like " There are some red flags about him medically" and they did that on numerous prospects.