NFL Free Agency thread

GakMan23

Retired!

We brought in Vance Walker today, he has had some injuries issues the last few years but he last time he played the whole season, he had 40 Ts and 3 Ss.

You figure anybody we bring in knows Goldman is the starter so , it will be a backup role, may be a good pickup.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Overthecap.com we have $25.8mil left plus we haven't yet made any moves to cut Royal or Houston. If they want to there's another ~$10mil available.

Where to from here?

I'd still like to do an extension with Hicks.

There is still this rumor out there:

www.walterfootball.com

Malcolm Butler wants out of New England. - Mike Giardi, CSN New England

Butler has a lot to be frustrated about, including all of the trade rumors, as well as New England's decision to pay Stephon Gilmore a ton of money when Butler out-performed Gilmore by a wide margin in 2016. Butler could be dealt in short order. -Walter

According to Overthecap.com we have $25.8mil left plus we haven't yet made any moves to cut Royal or Houston. If they want to there's another ~$10mil available.

Where to from here?

I'd still like to do an extension with Hicks.

There is still this rumor out there:

www.walterfootball.com

Malcolm Butler wants out of New England. - Mike Giardi, CSN New England

Butler has a lot to be frustrated about, including all of the trade rumors, as well as New England's decision to pay Stephon Gilmore a ton of money when Butler out-performed Gilmore by a wide margin in 2016. Butler could be dealt in short order. -Walter

I like Butler, but not enough to give up what is sure to be at least a 2nd round pick.

Not much left out there. Might be time to just wait out some cuts and hope we fall into another Josh Sitton.

I wouldn't mind throwing Ryan Clady a 1 year deal. He hasn't been healthy, but he is still just 30 and if he stays healthy I'm sure he is better than Leno.

https://twitter.com/Hub_Arkush/status/841429978738745345

Hub tweet out about TJ MacDonald .....anyone have thoughts on him?

Read the responses to his tweet, no thanks. Drug conviction and suspension coming his way, plus he is not good at all in coverage.

update: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...ugs-or-alcohol/

I like Butler, but not enough to give up what is sure to be at least a 2nd round pick.

Not much left out there. Might be time to just wait out some cuts and hope we fall into another Josh Sitton.

I wouldn't mind throwing Ryan Clady a 1 year deal. He hasn't been healthy, but he is still just 30 and if he stays healthy I'm sure he is better than Leno.

i would give up a 2nd round pick for m. butler in a heartbeat. at age 27 and considered one of the best corners in the nfl he would be a steal at that price.

this would solidify our entire defense and put us on an even footing against the pass happy packers and lions.

Actually, Butler would cost a 1st rounder and a huge contract. He's a restricted free agent.

Separate note. Our old pal Aaron Lemming said the Bears are still monitoring the NT market, presumably meaning Poe and Hawkins. I would have zero problem moving Goldman to the 5T and sticking one of those guys in the middle.

Actually, Butler would cost a 1st rounder and a huge contract. He's a restricted free agent.

Separate note. Our old pal Aaron Lemming said the Bears are still monitoring the NT market, presumably meaning Poe and Hawkins. I would have zero problem moving Goldman to the 5T and sticking one of those guys in the middle.

I felt that with Hawkins in today. He signs and Goldman moves to 5T. Poe signed with Atl I believe.

Missed the Poe news......Also its Hankins. Stupid autocorrect.

It would be interesting if that does happen, because then that ends all talk of Allen/Thomas in the draft....unless they wanna play Thomas at OLB I suppose.

I think we would be still be in on thomas , he's flexible enough to play end ,olb and slide inside on 3rd downs .A versatile player , Fangio would love.

Not that I'm endorsing it but it appears the Seahawks are looking to trade Sherman. Some concerns are he'll be costly ($11 million for the next two years(?)), may require a 1st or 2nd round to consider, last years knee injury and I'm not sure he's what we need in the locker room.

I would personally prefer him go play in ATL and join back up with Dan Quinn. Then we could see them put the pouty face on

Pete Carroll, especially if they were to meet in the playoffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-l...m=.dfb01515527d

I think we would be still be in on thomas , he's flexible enough to play end ,olb and slide inside on 3rd downs .A versatile player , Fangio would love.

Thomas is like McPhee but more agile, faster, and stronger. At 280lbs people were happy with McPhee at OLB. Then after the injury he went down to about 270lbs last year.

McPhee in the 2011 draft combine results:

6'3", 278lbs, 34 3/8" arms

Forty: 4.93s

Bench: 20reps

Vertical Jump: 28.5"

Broad Jump: 107"

3-cone: 7.13s

20yd shuttle: 4.59s

If we were to sign Hankins and add Thomas I think we'd have the best Dline for rushing defense in the NFL and likely a top 10 pass rushing unit as well.

As a FA, I'd have leaped at him. To cost us picks and youth...no.

Not that I'm endorsing it but it appears the Seahawks are looking to trade Sherman. Some concerns are he'll be costly ($11 million for the next two years(?)), may require a 1st or 2nd round to consider, last years knee injury and I'm not sure he's what we need in the locker room.

I would personally prefer him go play in ATL and join back up with Dan Quinn. Then we could see them put the pouty face on

Pete Carroll, especially if they were to meet in the playoffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-l...m=.dfb01515527d

Bears sign John Jenkins DT, possibly a Goldman move and draft can go to QB/S/CB.

Any word on Ricky Jean-Francois? I think he'd be a great signing to add depth on our Dline. We're talking about a guy to replace Washington, Unrein, or challenge Bullard.

https://twitter.com/Rbjf_99/status/843233508181053440

http://nfltraderumors.co/free-agent-dt-ric...eahawks-sunday/

That would be nice, a little known fact , he was in SF with fangio in 2011 and 2012. Maybe that matters. Between us and Seahawks, where does he think he will get more playing time? Here.

That would be nice, a little known fact , he was in SF with fangio in 2011 and 2012. Maybe that matters. Between us and Seahawks, where does he think he will get more playing time? Here.

Was looking for highlight film on this guy and couldn't find anything except from his college days. I did find some highlights of the defense he was a part of in 2011-13(?) of which Fangio coached and DAMN! Those guys were vicious. Seeing their LB corps makes me want us to draft Reuben Foster all that much more. (To be fair their DBs were pretty bad hombres too).

Any word on Ricky Jean-Francois? I think he'd be a great signing to add depth on our Dline. We're talking about a guy to replace Washington, Unrein, or challenge Bullard.

https://twitter.com/Rbjf_99/status/843233508181053440

http://nfltraderumors.co/free-agent-dt-ric...eahawks-sunday/

No deal was reached and RJF is headed to his next visit in Seattle.

Well, then F him.

I'm surprised the Packers would spend $3mil for a backup run stuffer. The Bears OTOH would seem more likely to have paid that price. Whatever value Pace sets for a player he isn't going to move too far off that mark just to get him to sign. For a man leading a 3-13 team there is no desperation in his moves.

I'm surprised the Packers would spend $3mil for a backup run stuffer. The Bears OTOH would seem more likely to have paid that price. Whatever value Pace sets for a player he isn't going to move too far off that mark just to get him to sign. For a man leading a 3-13 team there is no desperation in his moves.

Probably offered 1.5 mil with incentives, would have been nice, but just means we will be drafting a 5T somewhere.