Bears to sign WR Marcus Wheaton

bradjock

Incorrect. He actually had a better year.

Not at the price they paid Howard last year. If they pick up a receiver in the 4th this year that has a good year then Alson will be forgotten as well. It would be nice to give our own players their 2nd contract but it needs to be right for the player and the team.

I want players who want to play for the Bears and I would like to know what the Bears offered Alson. It was probably $10 million per year and he wanted an Antonio Brown deal which no other team as well as the Bears wanted to pay. You have to have a number you want to pay and stick to it unless you have a stud and I'm sorry but other than when B Marsh was opposite him Alson never delivered No. 1 receiver numbers.

Money was not mentioned. The fact is, an unknown can't be used to prove a point, and Forte did ha se a better year once.

Money was not mentioned. The fact is, an unknown can't be used to prove a point, and Forte did ha se a better year once.

We dont know what would have happened if Forte stayed but truth is, he tailed off big time, and 75% sure he would not have did that well by what happened to him in NY.

We dont know what would have happened if Forte stayed but truth is, he tailed off big time, and 75% sure he would not have did that well by what happened to him in NY.

What are you talking about? He went for over 800 yards rushing, over a 1000 all purpose yards, and 8 TDs on one of the worst offenses in the NFL. It's more likely he would have had a resurgent year if he stayed with the Bears, because their stats on runs up the middle were greatly improved with the addition of Whitehair.

You kill me sometimes. Yes, Forte rushed for 20 more yards in one season. But, he had 3 more starts and his YPC was career high and still less than Howard's.

Forte had 1900 yards and 12 TDs! What's so difficult to get about that? That's definitely better than Howard's rookie season.

What are you talking about? He went for over 800 yards rushing, over a 1000 all purpose yards, and 8 TDs on one of the worst offenses in the NFL. It's more likely he would have had a resurgent year if he stayed with the Bears, because their stats on runs up the middle were greatly improved with the addition of Whitehair.

We're disagreeing about a woulda , coulda, he wasn't here so you might as well pretend he would have led the league in rushing.