More coming. OT and CB

Stinger226

Cooper is ok, better than McManis as a backup but I don't know about special teams. At this point we need depth at CB and special teams can get sorted out later. Depending on how the draft goes, and Kyle Fuller, I wouldn't say Cooper is a lock for the final roster.

Cooper is ok, better than McManis as a backup but I don't know about special teams. At this point we need depth at CB and special teams can get sorted out later. Depending on how the draft goes, and Kyle Fuller, I wouldn't say Cooper is a lock for the final roster.

McManis is more of a special teamer than a backup.

I'm surprised Kyle fuller is still on the roster.

Compton is a swing tackle who played in the Super Bowl. So at worst he is our new swing tackle but could push for a starting gig in TC.

Cooper is an upgrade over Porter, is a converted WR, who will continue to improve as he gets more reps at CB. He was only in for a visit, so hopefully he signs.

I have no issues with either, even if they don't start, we are making our 53-man roster better with less drop off from starter to sub.

McManis is more of a special teamer than a backup.

I'm surprised Kyle fuller is still on the roster.

Marcus Cooper isnt a household name but his stats last year was very good

In 2016, Cooper appeared in 15 games for the Cardinals recorded 69 tackles, four interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown and 11 pass defenses.

He wasnt a starter but had 4 int and 11 PDs. Clearly better than anyone we had on the field last year.

Arz is known to have good DBs and guess who led the team in ints? Cooper

He was a pro bowl alternate last year.

He is 6'2" 192

Here is stats as a draftee

At Rutgers' pro day, Cooper ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 and 4.46 seconds. He had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-9 broad jump. He ran the short shuttle in 4.42 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.89 seconds. He performed 20 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Tom Compton is being signed as a swing OT, he has played on both sides, clearly not being signed to start but to add depth.

Marcus Cooper isnt a household name but his stats last year was very good

In 2016, Cooper appeared in 15 games for the Cardinals recorded 69 tackles, four interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown and 11 pass defenses.

He wasnt a starter but had 4 int and 11 PDs. Clearly better than anyone we had on the field last year.

Arz is known to have good DBs and guess who led the team in ints? Cooper

He was a pro bowl alternate last year.

He is 6'2" 192.

Saw some of these stats too. Cooper may not be bad especially after how well he did last year.. looks like he's been wandering around without a chance to play much. (SF to KC to AZ). Drafted in the 7th by SF in 2013z. Is there a history with he and Fangio? At 6'2" and 192 he's a big body hitter so that fits the Fangio mold.

Good GMs address needs in Free Agency before the draft so they are free to go BPA.

If a great player isnt available in free agency, then it is important to address the position, but not to overpay.

If you do that, and make good evaluations of players and draft well, you build a team. Otherwise, you end up overpaying for players, and you never catch up with the curve. We've been doing that for decades. Now someone has the balls to tear it down and build it right. It takes time, but not signing big names to huge contracts, and having the patience to build the team is exactly what we need.

We're doing the right things, the key is whether we draft the right people. These signings give us the flexibility to draft value. The real test will be in who we choose. But this approach to Free Agency is the right one. And in truth most of these players improve the team, but they don't take them over the top. Studs at fair prices are only found through the draft.

Compton is a swing tackle who played in the Super Bowl. So at worst he is our new swing tackle but could push for a starting gig in TC.

Cooper is an upgrade over Porter, is a converted WR, who will continue to improve as he gets more reps at CB. He was only in for a visit, so hopefully he signs.

I have no issues with either, even if they don't start, we are making our 53-man roster better with less drop off from starter to sub.

I agree. I'm just griping because it's been disappointing overall. I was hoping for a RT who could protect Glennon for years to come. Instead we get a back-up swing tackle. I thought we'd land at least one secondary player who we could plug and play for the next five years. Instead we are getting dudes on the wrong side of 30 and back-ups.

And Cooper is not an upgrade over Porter. As per Pro Football focus, last year he had a putrid 45.5 rating.

Saw some of these stats too. Cooper may not be bad especially after how well he did last year.. looks like he's been wandering around without a chance to play much. (SF to KC to AZ). Drafted in the 7th by SF in 2013z. Is there a history with he and Fangio? At 6'2" and 192 he's a big body hitter so that fits the Fangio mold.

All the more reason to keep in mind that we did not go after him last year when he was traded to Arizona for a conditional 7th Rd pick on Sep 2nd. Not exactly a high risk deal AZ made and at the time we had just put Fuller on the shelf for at least half the season.

All the more reason to keep in mind that we did not go after him last year when he was traded to Arizona for a conditional 7th Rd pick on Sep 2nd. Not exactly a high risk deal AZ made and at the time we had just put Fuller on the shelf for at least half the season.

At the combine, Arians remarked he would like to keep him, so that bodes for something. It is always about money.

I agree. I'm just griping because it's been disappointing overall. I was hoping for a RT who could protect Glennon for years to come. Instead we get a back-up swing tackle. I thought we'd land at least one secondary player who we could plug and play for the next five years. Instead we are getting dudes on the wrong side of 30 and back-ups.

And Cooper is not an upgrade over Porter. As per Pro Football focus, last year he had a putrid 45.5 rating.

He led the Cardinals in ints and PDs. He at least adds a shot of more turnovers and being reunited with Fangio from when he was drafted, that may blend well for us.

He led the Cardinals in ints and PDs. He at least adds a shot of more turnovers and being reunited with Fangio from when he was drafted, that may blend well for us.

I would have to say Porter might be gone, he only has 600 thousand dead money if cut. You figure we will add at least one draftee, so the new guys are better than what we had last year. LeBlanc and Cahahan will man the slot corner spot. Cooper, Prince A, Hall,and Fuller. Fuller costs 3 mil in dead space and they may want to give him one more chance.

And Cooper is not an upgrade over Porter.

This is just not true. Based on actual stats, Cooper was far superior than any CB on our roster. He led the Cardinals in INT's and Passes Defended, had a defensive TD, and was 3rd in tackles (first among CB's).

Player A - 63 tackles, 4 INT, 11 PD

Player B - 44 tackles, 3 INT, 6 PD

Who would you want without knowing the names?

A is Cooper and B is Patrick Peterson.

PFF can't be used in a vacuum. It has to be taken into context. Cooper had 4 INT's and Demps had 6 (the league lead was 7), so it is clear the Bears were going after actual performance and not subjective analysis. Also, if we use PFF, then Amukamara was a steal coming in as the #25 CB. I think CB's are the hardest to grade because you don't know the coverage, and how do the grades differ when you are guarding the #1 and the other Corner is guarding the #2? Do you get a weighted grade for guarding a better WR or to the side of the field that favors the QB? Did you have top cover, shaded coverage, etc? You get a higher grade for passes defended or an incomplete (even if you did nothing to cause it) and a lower grade for a reception, TD, etc, regardless of how good your coverage was.

PFF seems to be the best for QB, RB, TE, and WR, and possibly pass rusher, but beyond that, their grades can be a little off.

Here's Cooper's pick six off a tipped pass on a great play by his teammate and him being in the right spot. I like that we signed him but I'm not ready to anoint him as a starter. The fact he looks so good is because we're comparing him to what we had to watch last year. Just remember there's a guy named Peterson on the other side of the Cardinals defense doing the heavy lifting on #1 WRs, plus a safety in Jefferson patrolling the backfield.

Good week...

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events...70-adcfe5af200d

Bad week...http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2016/10/2/13142622/winners-losers-from-the-tough-division-loss

"Marcus Cooper- Now, pro have tough games. I'm not calling for Williams or Bethel to take Cooper's spot, but he was targeted today, as both Rams TDs went against him."

I have to see the contract details but upfront I like the signing. This is the kind of move Pace is good at. He overpays young guys who have shown they might be able to step into a starting role. Throw enough of these darts and we'll hit on quite a few. We miss on some too. Overall I still feel he's better depth than either of Bausby, Glenn, McManis, and probably Fuller (if he decides to play). He just might get to Porter's level of play (when Porter is healthy) this season. Maybe down the road he becomes even better.

Cooper's highlights. He looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5NA3XM-Eg

Amukamara highlights. He looks pretty good too.

Player A - 63 tackles, 4 INT, 11 PD

Player B - 44 tackles, 3 INT, 6 PD

Who would you want without knowing the names?

I'll take the second guy, because, for a CB, those numbers are most likely reflective of the number of times that player was targeted - higher tackles/PD can mean QBs aren't throwing at the other guy because he's better.

Here's Cooper's pick six off a tipped pass on a great play by his teammate and him being in the right spot. I like that we signed him but I'm not ready to anoint him as a starter. The fact he looks so good is because we're comparing him to what we had to watch last year. Just remember there's a guy named Peterson on the other side of the Cardinals defense doing the heavy lifting on #1 WRs, plus a safety in Jefferson patrolling the backfield.

Good week...

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events...70-adcfe5af200d

Bad week...http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2016/10/2/13142622/winners-losers-from-the-tough-division-loss

"Marcus Cooper- Now, pro have tough games. I'm not calling for Williams or Bethel to take Cooper's spot, but he was targeted today, as both Rams TDs went against him."

I have to see the contract details but upfront I like the signing. This is the kind of move Pace is good at. He overpays young guys who have shown they might be able to step into a starting role. Throw enough of these darts and we'll hit on quite a few. We miss on some too. Overall I still feel he's better depth than either of Bausby, Glenn, McManis, and probably Fuller (if he decides to play). He just might get to Porter's level of play (when Porter is healthy) this season. Maybe down the road he becomes even better.

Cooper's highlights. He looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5NA3XM-Eg

Amukamara highlights. He looks pretty good too.

I think in the end, he would be the #2 CB on the team, we still do not have that shutdown corner, but its an upgrade over last year. You are right, you bring enough players in , you hope one shines, I still think we draft one high.