Thinking out of the box

Stinger226

A couple of thoughts came to mind on the roster

Does anybody think that is Grasu is up to par, his upside would put him back at C and move Whitehair out to LT?

They are almost the exact same size , Leno's arms are 1 and 1/2 inches longer but I think Cody could absolutely handle the spot.

Does anybody think that is Grasu is up to par, his upside would put him back at C and move Whitehair out to LT?

They are almost the exact same size , Leno's arms are 1 and 1/2 inches longer but I think Cody could absolutely handle the spot.

Whitehair was too good to move. Same with Long. Just not the same on the outside. I would leave Whitehair-Long-Sitton inside and let them be dominant.

Whitehair was too good to move. Same with Long. Just not the same on the outside. I would leave Whitehair-Long-Sitton inside and let them be dominant.

I agree that is a strength but if Grasu is better than Leno on the outside, playing the best 5 may come into play.

If Grasu is the better C, then go for it. Would Whitehair be better than Leno outside? Not right away, but he is definitely a guy who would be disciplined and works at being great. Speaking of Long, he may not be the same since his shoulder is torn and cannot do surgery bc of time and complications. Finding another G should be a priority to fill in.

It is essential that Grasu is given the opportunity to win the centre position and Whitehair move to improve the quality along the line at other positions. We can't afford to miss on draft picks if this roster is going to be competitive so Grasu needs to be given the chance to show he has the strength and technique. All indications last year was he has significantly improved and the coaches were happy with his development.

I liked the look of Kush last year so as long as Kyle is healed I would like to try the following at the start of training camp.

Long Sinton Grasu Kush Whitehair

Or

Whitehair Sinton Grasu Long Massie

It is essential that Grasu is given the opportunity to win the centre position and Whitehair move to improve the quality along the line at other positions. We can't afford to miss on draft picks if this roster is going to be competitive so Grasu needs to be given the chance to show he has the strength and technique. All indications last year was he has significantly improved and the coaches were happy with his development.

I liked the look of Kush last year so as long as Kyle is healed I would like to try the following at the start of training camp.

Long Sinton Grasu Kush Whitehair

Or

Whitehair Sinton Grasu Long Massie

I forgot about Kush, thank you for reminding me. He is a near starter in my books and future Sitton replacement. I like Long at guard for now. He will be playing with a torn shoulder and you need more reach outside.

I've been saying the same thing for a while. If Grasu is better at C than Leno is at T, it's a good move. The fact that Whitehair played T in college makes the move even easier. And since Whitehair adjusted so quickly to a new position, as a rookie in the NFL, it gives a lot of confidence that he'd make just great of a transition out to his natural position.

If Grasu is the better C, then go for it. Would Whitehair be better than Leno outside? Not right away, but he is definitely a guy who would be disciplined and works at being great. Speaking of Long, he may not be the same since his shoulder is torn and cannot do surgery bc of time and complications. Finding another G should be a priority to fill in.

I think Whitehair would be better than Leno on the first snap.

I think Whitehair would be better than Leno on the first snap.

I think Whitehair may have been the best pick of our draft. The way he came in the last minute and excelled was remarkable. Of the 5 OL positions available to him, I feel he is least equipped to play LT. That being said, if Grasu shows he can play center at an above average level, I would try Whitehair at LT for a look. However, I think Cody could be an elite center. Pair that with Long and Sitton and you have something to talk about in the middle.

I think Whitehair may have been the best pick of our draft. The way he came in the last minute and excelled was remarkable. Of the 5 OL positions available to him, I feel he is least equipped to play LT. That being said, if Grasu shows he can play center at an above average level, I would try Whitehair at LT for a look. However, I think Cody could be an elite center. Pair that with Long and Sitton and you have something to talk about in the middle.

We are pretty much on the same sheet. I figure Whitehair at C is an A-, and Leno at T is a D+ or C-. If Grasu and Whitehair can be a C+ or B- at C and T, respectively, the overall net gain isn't much, but the consistency improves.

We are pretty much on the same sheet. I figure Whitehair at C is an A-, and Leno at T is a D+ or C-. If Grasu and Whitehair can be a C+ or B- at C and T, respectively, the overall net gain isn't much, but the consistency improves.

Whitehair will end up being our best lineman, long with the injuries is a step downgrade. Cody will not be a all pro at LT but he will be a 10-12 range. Put him there and utilize the ability of grasu and make the line better.

Whitehair will end up being our best lineman, long with the injuries is a step downgrade. Cody will not be a all pro at LT but he will be a 10-12 range. Put him there and utilize the ability of grasu and make the line better.

Amother thought, is Butler worth our 2nd round pick?with Gilmore getting paid , he would never be happy in NE without the same money.

Amother thought, is Butler worth our 2nd round pick?with Gilmore getting paid , he would never be happy in NE without the same money.

2nd Rd is too high for me in this draft. With an early 2nd Rd pick we should just draft a CB rather than lose the pick and the cap space on Butler. 3rd Rd I'd be interested. If I can give them Fuller and a 4th Rd pick I'd be very happy, but that's wishful thinking.

It's intriguing because if we draft either of Adams/Hooker in Rd 1 and add Butler to the pieces we just added in FA I think we have a very good secondary.