Sidney Jones CB

ASHKUM BEAR

Sidney Jones CB Wash, was considered a first round CB, tore his Achilles at his pro day. This cost him a lot of money and the 2017 season. I would think he makes it to Round 3 and possibly RD4. Would love to stash him while they see what Prince and Fuller have on one year deals. He would be like a 2018 1st RD pick.

Contract expires after 2017: Prince Amukamara CB, Kyle Fuller CB, Sherrick McManis CB, Bryce Callahan CB, DeVante Bausby CB, Jacoby Glenn CB, and Rashaad Reynolds

Contract expires after 2018: Crevon LeBlanc CB, Tracy Porter CB

Contract expires after 2019: Marcus Cooper CB, Deiondre' Hall CB

Sidney Jones CB Wash, was considered a first round CB, tore his Achilles at his pro day. This cost him a lot of money and the 2017 season. I would think he makes it to Round 3 and possibly RD4. Would love to stash him while they see what Prince and Fuller have on one year deals. He would be like a 2018 1st RD pick.

Contract expires after 2017: Prince Amukamara CB, Kyle Fuller CB, Sherrick McManis CB, Bryce Callahan CB, DeVante Bausby CB, Jacoby Glenn CB, and Rashaad Reynolds

Contract expires after 2018: Crevon LeBlanc CB, Tracy Porter CB

Contract expires after 2019: Marcus Cooper CB, Deiondre' Hall CB

I agree completely. I'm all about finding the upside in guys. Risk/reward. I know a lot of people wouldn't like the approach, but finding guys who got injured and will drop 2-3 rounds is a good way to get high return on minimal investment. With the way doctors are today, and the surgeries to repair various injuries, and the crazy rehab that's available, it's a unique approach to talent acquisition.

More and more I want the Bears to trade back and acquire more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I agree completely. I'm all about finding the upside in guys. Risk/reward. I know a lot of people wouldn't like the approach, but finding guys who got injured and will drop 2-3 rounds is a good way to get high return on minimal investment. With the way doctors are today, and the surgeries to repair various injuries, and the crazy rehab that's available, it's a unique approach to talent acquisition.

More and more I want the Bears to trade back and acquire more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I feel the same way about Jake Butt TE. If he is there RD4, stash him on IR also. 2017 is not expected to be promising, more like a feeler to see if there is improvement.

Using the 'risk/reward' montra, don't you think our team (let alone Pace) should focus more on players that aren't injured? I mean if last year was any indication, the last thing we need is another 'injured' player on the roster.

Understand I'm not completely against the idea of a player like this, just that at this juncture it doesn't seem wise.

Using the 'risk/reward' montra, don't you think our team (let alone Pace) should focus more on players that aren't injured? I mean if last year was any indication, the last thing we need is another 'injured' player on the roster.

Understand I'm not completely against the idea of a player like this, just that at this juncture it doesn't seem wise.

There has to be a fine line, but taking a risk on Sidney Jones, who was projected mid 1st, would be worth it if you get him with your early 4th IMO. Dallas on the other hand risked on a large scale with ND LB Jaylon Smith last year with their 2nd RD pick. Smith was projected as high as the #1 over all before his injury. If he is healthy this year and plays at the level projected, they made a bold wise risk but losing that 2nd in 16' was costly.

The problem for us is that we need to win now and there will be starting quality players available with our 3rd Rd pick, that includes at CB or S. If we were more settled on our roster depth then I'd be all for it.

I don't think I would spend a 3rd RD pick but that 4th would be tempting. I think they can survive letting an 4th rd redshirt for a potential shut down CB. 4th rounders Bush and Houston-Carson sat most of the year and we are already talking about drafting replacements over them.

Can we afford to do that right now?

I could see if we traded down and picked up extra picks, then used one of those on him, but I don't think we can afford to do that with our current picks, and I assume others are thinking of doing the same thing so a 4th will probably be too late.

I'm saying no, unless it's too good to be true. Blowing your achilles out on your pro day does not give me any type of feeling this player will last the NFL grind. Also, we can find a really good starter in the 3rd and 4th round of the draft and we need all the help we can get.

If the Bears were a team in contention this season it might be a bad move, but pretty much everyone thinks the Bears need at least another year after this one to be good. I'm all on board with a risk/reward draft, even if it means the Bears go for a few injured guys who would have otherwise been first rounders. The only reason it seems like a bad idea to me is the Bears have so few draft picks. If they were to trade down in the 1st and pick up another 2nd/3rd, then it would be easier to stomach.

The idea of "red shirting" players has always been something the Bears have done but, winning may have more of a premium than we think with this organization. I am also on the Jake Butt bandwagon. The problem is that the Bears need playmakers now. Selfishly I want all the Bears picks to be available on every Sunday this Fall.

The idea of "red shirting" players has always been something the Bears have done but, winning may have more of a premium than we think with this organization. I am also on the Jake Butt bandwagon. The problem is that the Bears need playmakers now. Selfishly I want all the Bears picks to be available on every Sunday this Fall.

Jake Butt makes sense though. Before he was injured, he was talked of as a late first/early second round pick. Now he's likely there in the 4th round. And since the Bears just signed Sims, they have a decent combo for at least a year (assuming Miller and/or Sims is healthy). Drafting and red-shirting Butt - interestingly compared to Zach Miller by NFL.com - would make a good bit of sense.

If the Bears were a team in contention this season it might be a bad move, but pretty much everyone thinks the Bears need at least another year after this one to be good. I'm all on board with a risk/reward draft, even if it means the Bears go for a few injured guys who would have otherwise been first rounders. The only reason it seems like a bad idea to me is the Bears have so few draft picks. If they were to trade down in the 1st and pick up another 2nd/3rd, then it would be easier to stomach.

That is why I would go for these risky guys. Does anyone think we are in playoff contention this season? I think we are closer to a top 10 pick in 2018. At CB, we have a squad of young players and will have to cut a few as it is. At TE, we have enough to fill a roster with Sims, Miller, Brown, and Braunicker. If the Bears feel Jones or Butt can rehab and contribute big in 18 then picking one if available in the 4th if good.

• 2 weeks later...

First-Pick.com mock trying to work Jones in and different scenarios. .

1 Mitchell Trubisky QB

2-Garrett Bolles OT

3-Sidney Jones CB -traded down for 4th and 5th

4-Chad Hansen WR

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Jaleel Johnson DT

5-Damonte Kazee CB

5-Devonte Fields OLB

7-Zane Gonzalez K

1-Jon Allen DT

2-Budda Baker FS

3-Sidney Jones CB same trade

4-Chad Wheeler OT

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Kareem Hunt RB

5-Chad Kelly QB

5-Kenny Golliday WR

7-Zane Gonzalez

1-Jamal Adams SS

1-Deshone Kizer QB trade 2nd and 4th

3-Sidney Jones CB same trade down

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Jaleel Johnson DT

5-Damonte Kazee CB

5-Devinte Fields OLB

7-Zane Gonzalez K

The problem for us is that we need to win now and there will be starting quality players available with our 3rd Rd pick, that includes at CB or S. If we were more settled on our roster depth then I'd be all for it.

I dont think he lasts that long, but it would have to be one of our 4ths before we consider that.

First-Pick.com mock trying to work Jones in and different scenarios. .

1 Mitchell Trubisky QB

2-Garrett Bolles OT

3-Sidney Jones CB -traded down for 4th and 5th

4-Chad Hansen WR

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Jaleel Johnson DT

5-Damonte Kazee CB

5-Devonte Fields OLB

7-Zane Gonzalez K

1-Jon Allen DT

2-Budda Baker FS

3-Sidney Jones CB same trade

4-Chad Wheeler OT

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Kareem Hunt RB

5-Chad Kelly QB

5-Kenny Golliday WR

7-Zane Gonzalez

1-Jamal Adams SS

1-Deshone Kizer QB trade 2nd and 4th

3-Sidney Jones CB same trade down

4-Jordan Leggett TE

4-Jaleel Johnson DT

5-Damonte Kazee CB

5-Devinte Fields OLB

7-Zane Gonzalez K

Hell I would be happy to have any of them. Do not overlook us taking J. Dobbs, they coached him in the senior bowl