2017 Everyone Agrees Mock

jason

The original mock draft for 2017 produced the following:

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 2.0

1. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama - Nearly half the board is upset, regardless of the pick

2. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech - Assures Barkley doesn't start

3. Budda Baker, S, Washington - Gives the Bears a solid back-end

4. Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - Potential for either side

4. Kevin King, CB, Washington - Good size/speed combo, cohesion with Baker

5. Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA - Rising draft boards, could be a steal

7. Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon - Skilled pass-catcher with injury history

Yes Votes for QB in RD1 - 10

Alaska - RD1 QB=Y

Ashkum - RD1 QB=Y

AZ54 - RD1 QB=Y

Chitownhustla - RD1 QB=Y

DBDB - RD1 QB=Y

killakrzydav - RD1 QB=Y

Lucky Luciano - RD1 QB=Y

MadLithuanian - RD1 QB=Y

Mongo - RD1 QB=Y

NYC - RD1 QB=Y

No Votes for QB in RD1 - 12

Adam - RD1 QB=N

Bears4Ever - RD1 QB=N

Boston Boxer - RD1 QB=N

Bowlingtwig - RD1 QB=N

Chile - RD1 QB=N

Connor - RD1 QB=N

Daventry - RD1 QB=N

Dawhizz - RD1 QB=N

Lemon - RD1 QB=N

Pixote - RD1 QB=N

scs787 - RD1 QB=N

Stinger - RD1 QB=N

QB voted down unless someone has changed their mind.

Post-combine and FA, the Bears needs may have changed some, and your opinions may have changed.

1. Does the shoulder arthritis scare anyone off the Allen pick?

2. Is Mahomes the guy since he appears to be Cutler-light?

3. Is the secondary as big of a concern with the signings of Amukamara and Cooper at CB, and Demps at SS?

4. Is TE needed with Sims in Chicago?

As before, I'll try to remove my bias from all of this, but there needs to be a starting point. So, here goes...

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 3.0 (Post-FA)

1. Jamal Adams, FS, LSU - Really a SS, but Demps is signed. Other options have questions: Allen (shoulders), Hooker (shoulder/hernia), Thomas (not a 5T).

2. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - There may be disagreement about whether he drops, but many have him lasting until this point.

3. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova - Lots of options in the third.

4. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Doesn't start as a rookie. Starts wherever he wants 2nd year.

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - Still not sure why he's not getting more love.

5. Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson - Dude is just a player. Great team guy. Will excel on special teams. Could take the spot from Ski.

7. Zach Banner, RT, USC - Monster (6'9"-360#) with starting RT potential. 50/50 shot one of the linemen pan out as a starter.

Let the debates begin.

Great stuff jason! Thanks for keeping at this.

Post-combine items:

1. Yeah, the shoulder surgery does scare me from Allen. I don't think Pace can afford another injury riddled guy, Even the perception might be enough to scare him away. At the end we won't know until week 1...but I am weary at minimum.

2. Mahomes being Cutler-light doesn't really mean anything. It's all just speculation until he lines up. He's very raw. Taking him would be interesting at minimum. It's a gamble worth taking if the powers that be think he could be the guy. I also have a buddy that went to Texas Tech, so he love him and what the hell...we have to draft someone don't we?

3. No. As big a concern, no. A concern still? Yes.

4. I think a TE is still needed. I'm not yet convinced Sims will be all that. The potential is there. And this draft seems to after a decent number of TE prospects. And there's a guy named Butt (my inner Beavis just chuckled...)! We had a Butkus, why not a Butt!?

Overall, the adjust draft you have..I'd be pleased with.

Post-combine and FA, the Bears needs may have changed some, and your opinions may have changed.

3. Is the secondary as big of a concern with the signings of Amukamara and Cooper at CB, and Demps at SS?

As before, I'll try to remove my bias from all of this, but there needs to be a starting point. So, here goes...

1. Jamal Adams, FS, LSU - Really a SS, but Demps is signed. Other options have questions: Allen (shoulders), Hooker (shoulder/hernia), Thomas (not a 5T).

2. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - There may be disagreement about whether he drops, but many have him lasting until this point.

4. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Doesn't start as a rookie. Starts wherever he wants 2nd year.

5. Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson - Dude is just a player. Great team guy. Will excel on special teams. Could take the spot from Ski.

7. Zach Banner, RT, USC - Monster (6'9"-360#) with starting RT potential. 50/50 shot one of the linemen pan out as a starter.

Let the debates begin.

I would be mostly OK with this except for Boulware, who seems like a waste of a pick at a position we are pretty set at. There's guys like this every year who are "just a player", I don't see any need for him this year. I would prefer a big outside WR project since I'm not sold on any of the WRs on our roster. Someone from the Josh Reynolds/Kenny Golladay/Mack Hollins/Jalen Robinette camp.

I would prefer a big outside WR project since I'm not sold on any of the WRs on our roster. Someone from the Josh Reynolds/Kenny Golladay/Mack Hollins/Jalen Robinette camp.

I agree with getting a big decent HEALTHY WR somewhere early. I have my fingers crossed that White will work out but still would like to see another big body like AJ come in.

Beyond that my picks for draft would be (in no particular order) DeShon Watson, Reuben Foster and Jamal Adams. If all thee; spectacular if one or two...just as good.

Round 1- I think they should have it down to Allen, Thomas, or Watson at #3.

Allen has the arthritis, reminds me of Tommie Harris in a way, but he could be our good Suh.

Thomas could be Lamarr Houston 2. Houston was 273 and beefed up to 300 before dropping down to 285. He also can become Justin Smith.

Watson could be RG3, being limited or Russell Wilson.

I avoided the DBs because the house is full of young unprovens and the draft is deep.

Round 2 - Kizer, Mahomes at QB, Baker, Obi Melinfonwu S, Conley, Wilson, A Jackson CB. A OT, TE, DT, OLB might slip and be our choice too.

A lot depends on if Ricky Jean Francsis gets signed, that happens and I see QB as our pick and S round 2.

The original mock draft for 2017 produced the following:

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 2.0

Let the debates begin.

1) I definitely have concerns about Allen's shoulders holding up in the NFL. He's not the biggest man and although he has very good movement skills he isn't going to win with elite quickness off the snap. Playing with leverage will be how he wins in the trenches.

2) Mahomes is definitely Cutleresque but I believe he has the work ethic to eventually build on his natural talents into a starter.

3) Secondary is not as big of a concern but I'd love to add a starting caliber talent in this draft.

4) TE is less of a need for me mostly because I'm higher on Brown than others, but if the value is there late in the draft roll with it.

On the draft picks:

1st Rd I like Adams, no secret there. I think he offers the physical nature around the LOS that you can get with a guy like Peppers, but also has enough coverage skills to match up on TEs or even some RBs. His leadership is needed in our secondary.

2nd Rd Kizer in Rd 2 is good value IMO.

3rd Rd Que Pasa in Rd 3 is too early. Especially since we're at the front of the round. Give me a WR here and there are many good options.

4th Rd Sidney Jones = perfect

4th Rd Jordan Leggett good value

5th Rd Boulware is a wasted pick. If you want him wait until he's a UDFA and pick him up. Where this team talentwise on our day 3 picks we need to find players with higher upside than someone like Boulware who at his absolute best will never be more than a career backup special teams player. When your roster is flush with good talent and you want to add a hard nosed character guy to the locker room then you take a flyer on Boulware. For now, with the 5th Rd pick I'll take Brian Hill RB as he'll contribute this year. I've already outlined why I want to add RB competition to find a good backup to share the load with Howard.

7th Rd Banner seems like he's too slow to ever succeed at OT, even on the right side. How about Ugokwe who is a project but has enough upside to eventually be a starter?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...86/jerry-ugokwe

Looks like I misjudged the ILB talk over the past few days. I thought people were interested in depth at ILB at the least.

Alaska - RD1 QB=Y, need a WR

Ashkum - RD1 QB=Y

AZ54 - RD1 QB=Y, 3rd too early for Kpassa, wants RB late

Chitownhustla - RD1 QB=Y

DBDB - RD1 QB=Y

killakrzydav - RD1 QB=Y, 3rd too early for Kpassa

Lucky Luciano - RD1 QB=Y

MadLithuanian - RD1 QB=Y, No big issues

Mongo - RD1 QB=Y

NYC - RD1 QB=Y

Adam - RD1 QB=N

Bears4Ever - RD1 QB=N

Boston Boxer - RD1 QB=N

Bowlingtwig - RD1 QB=N

Chile - RD1 QB=N

Connor - RD1 QB=N

Daventry - RD1 QB=N

Dawhizz - RD1 QB=N, No Boulware, Still a need for big WR

Lemon - RD1 QB=N

Pixote - RD1 QB=N

scs787 - RD1 QB=N

Stinger - RD1 QB=N

*QB voted down unless someone has changed their mind.

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 3.1 (Post-FA)

3. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC - Reminds me of Anquan Boldin, a guy who just knows how to use his body to make catches.

5. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming - RB backup who had a good combine

7. Jerry Ugokwe, OT, Will & Mary - OT prospect with good measurables

FWIW - I'm making the changes as requested to find a happy medium, but I think the Bears need a 5T DE, and there aren't enough picks to accommodate that position as well as the others above. May need to reconsider as more and more FAs are signed.

Looks like I misjudged the ILB talk over the past few days. I thought people were interested in depth at ILB at the least.

Alaska - RD1 QB=Y, need a WR

Ashkum - RD1 QB=Y

AZ54 - RD1 QB=Y, 3rd too early for Kpassa, wants RB late

Chitownhustla - RD1 QB=Y

DBDB - RD1 QB=Y

killakrzydav - RD1 QB=Y, 3rd too early for Kpassa

Lucky Luciano - RD1 QB=Y

MadLithuanian - RD1 QB=Y, No big issues

Mongo - RD1 QB=Y

NYC - RD1 QB=Y

Adam - RD1 QB=N

Bears4Ever - RD1 QB=N

Boston Boxer - RD1 QB=N

Bowlingtwig - RD1 QB=N

Chile - RD1 QB=N

Connor - RD1 QB=N

Daventry - RD1 QB=N

Dawhizz - RD1 QB=N, No Boulware, Still a need for big WR

Lemon - RD1 QB=N

Pixote - RD1 QB=N

scs787 - RD1 QB=N

Stinger - RD1 QB=N

*QB voted down unless someone has changed their mind.

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 3.1 (Post-FA)

3. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC - Reminds me of Anquan Boldin, a guy who just knows how to use his body to make catches.

5. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming - RB backup who had a good combine

7. Jerry Ugokwe, OT, Will & Mary - OT prospect with good measurables

FWIW - I'm making the changes as requested to find a happy medium, but I think the Bears need a 5T DE, and there aren't enough picks to accommodate that position as well as the others above. May need to reconsider as more and more FAs are signed.

That could work, like you I think a 5T holds more value but a stud S can lock down the backfield for years also. The #3 pick is a pain

My take:

1. Mike Williams WR Clemson

Later in the round we trade with the Saints and get Watson at 11and Cam Robinson at 32

2.Obi Melifonwu SS U Conn

3. Derek Rivers DE Youngstown St

4.Brad Kaaya QB Miami

4. Jake Butt TE Michigan

5. Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson

6. Colin Buchannon OT Miami Ohio

7. Tyler Bowser OLB Houston

My take:

Later in the round we trade with the Saints and get Watson at 11and Cam Robinson at 32

4.Brad Kaaya QB Miami

4. Jake Butt TE Michigan

Not too shabby Lemon. Especially like the pairing of Watson and Williams.

My take:

4.Brad Kaaya QB Miami

4. Jake Butt TE Michigan

I like it lemon, but integrating everyone's mock into a single mock everyone can agree upon is nearly impossible.

I like it lemon, but integrating everyone's mock into a single mock everyone can agree upon is nearly impossible.

Absolutely but this is always a great discussion thread. I have no issue dumping a 5th Rd RB for a 5th Rd DE. Jarron Jones who has 1st Rd athletic talent and high 1st Rd bust potential could easily be there in the 5th for us. That's not a bad spot to take a chance on him. You could just as easily take a DE in the 4th Rd and TE in the 5th.

I just don't see a point where Best Available fits Boulware in the 5th Rd when there will be better talent at either of these three positions still on the board: RB, TE, DE. I realize I'm in the minority on RB here but there was too big of a dropoff when either Carey (3.9ypc but little value on special teams and his running style often results in injury) or Langford (just 3.2ypc in 2016) were on the field last year. I don't want to be in that spot again and then we end up wearing out a very valuable player in Howard with too many carries.

I want some insurance against having the need to run Howard into the ground just so we can get into the playoffs, or if by some miracle we get there, I want Howard fully ready to go. Again, we have questions at WR and QB so we need to ensure we have a consistently successful running game every week.

I understand and was trying to give you an idea as to which positions I felt are a needs. Obviously I like QB and OT as top needs since I took 2 players at each position. I know the 2 rookie QB thing has not worked well often but if you have a group of Glennon backed up by Watson and Kaaya as opposed to one of the draftees and Connor Shaw I think is a wash.All 3 would be inexperienced as starters in the NFL. I also think that in this defensive scheme DE and Edge/OLB are important also.

I think I posted this in another thread, but as whole, I'd like the following positions drafted (especially given the strength of this draft at DB / TE).

QB - 1

WR - 1

TE - 1

DB - 2 (CB / S)

My preference is to trade down to make it happen (but I have no idea who would be that interested in moving up).

I think I posted this in another thread, but as whole, I'd like the following positions drafted (especially given the strength of this draft at DB / TE).

QB - 1

WR - 1

TE - 1

DB - 2 (CB / S)

My preference is to trade down to make it happen (but I have no idea who would be that interested in moving up).

To inject my opinion again first Adams , Allen or Thomas(prefer Thomas)

2nd) Kizer or Mahomes if they are there, otherwise, a Bubba Baker or Oli M.

3rd) Peterman if not one in second, he will not last to 4th round

4th) a OT if one of the better prospects slip, a CB, a TE, a WR clearly depends on the BPA at this stage

5th) BPA in above positions we have not filled yet

7th) BPA anywhere,more likely at RB or a good K

My question about this coming draft is if the Bears seriously address the QB position. We know 3 is too high and at 36 we would be lucky if one fell. Trading down will be tough as many explained, so what do we do? Count on Glennon and build the D, trade up to get Kizer or Watson, or grab a late rounder like Peterman who can be our Orton or better with a 3rd and look to 2018 for a better prospect? I think Peterman can be decent in about 2 years. If they avoid the QBs, I really hope they go all in in 2018. Better class for sure, but can Bear fans take another poor to mediocre season?

My question about this coming draft is if the Bears seriously address the QB position. We know 3 is too high and at 36 we would be lucky if one fell. Trading down will be tough as many explained, so what do we do? Count on Glennon and build the D, trade up to get Kizer or Watson, or grab a late rounder like Peterman who can be our Orton or better with a 3rd and look to 2018 for a better prospect? I think Peterman can be decent in about 2 years. If they avoid the QBs, I really hope they go all in in 2018. Better class for sure, but can Bear fans take another poor to mediocre season?

I see there plan will be hoping one of the 4 drop until the second, if not then i think they go after peterman in the third. If thay fails , then kayaa in the 4th or possibly Scott or Joshou.

I see there plan will be hoping one of the 4 drop until the second, if not then i think they go after peterman in the third. If thay fails , then kayaa in the 4th or possibly Scott or Joshou.

I see some mocks where that happens and i am encouraged, like Watson ornKizer falling. . Then many mocks have ARZ, KC, HOU,PIT, and NO picking the QBs late leaving the cupboard bare. I think trading our 4th and 2nd to move up nets us the 26th pick. It may take our 3rd to get up enough for anyone except Mahomes. I know Pace would do it if he believes in the QB. Regardless, getting a high profile QB in the next year or two needs to happen.

I see some mocks where that happens and i am encouraged, like Watson ornKizer falling. . Then many mocks have ARZ, KC, HOU,PIT, and NO picking the QBs late leaving the cupboard bare. I think trading our 4th and 2nd to move up nets us the 26th pick. It may take our 3rd to get up enough for anyone except Mahomes. I know Pace would do it if he believes in the QB. Regardless, getting a high profile QB in the next year or two needs to happen.

They are making a huge push to find a QB, but I do not see Pace reaching very far. He will set his board, and depending on how the board falls, he will take Peterman somewhere.

After looking at everyone's comments...there appears to be a little push for OT in the top 5 needs. As with most teams that aren't good, there are more needs than picks.

2017 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 3.2 (Post-FA)

1. Jamal Adams, FS, LSU - Great prospect, may have to lead the D

2. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame - QB of the future

3. Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan - Good size/measurables, good run/pass blocker

4. Sidney Jones, CB, Washington - Takes over for CBs on 1yr or last year deals.

4. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson - Offensive weapon in deep draft.

5. Jarron Jones, DE, Notre Dame - Upside DE prospect with versatility

7. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois - Go-go Golladay for great 7th round value

Would anyone be opposed to this?